Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about GSAs who are at GS and still call over a GSA....
Ehhhhh, sometimes the guest wants to hear from someone else, so if they are in the area and a guest is yelling at me rather than escalate it to an LOD, the GSAs/ GSTLs sometimes call one another. But we all do it to each other, so it’s just kind of understood.

How do you guys feel about team members asking you to open a register to check them out? Personally, if it’s only a couple of items and I’m not too busy, I don’t mind. But if I’m working on stuff and it’s very busy, it can get annoying. Team members ask all the time for me to check them out to avoid the lines.

How do you guys feel about team members asking you to open a register to check them out? Personally, if it’s only a couple of items and I’m not too busy, I don’t mind. But if I’m working on stuff and it’s very busy, it can get annoying. Team members ask all the time for me to check them out to avoid the lines.

Doesn't happen at my store. STL and ETLs have set the expectation that you want to buy something, you wait. You're a guest same as the all the other guests in line. Your 15? Plan better and bring something from home or buy before your shift if your start time permits.

Doesn't happen at my store. STL and ETLs have set the expectation that you want to buy something, you wait. You're a guest same as the all the other guests in line. Your 15? Plan better and bring something from home or buy before your shift if your start time permits.
Yeah I agree with this logic. I wait on the guest lines like everyone else. I don’t like bothering team members because I know they’re busy and have work to get done. Guests get mad sometimes because they think we’re giving special treatment to other team members, and they have a point.

Personally, I will not do it. If I'm on a break, I make sure to plan ahead. I almost exclusively use SCO (unless it's after they're closed), because I like to bag my stuff myself and sometimes I just need to go in and out without talking to too many TMs.

Same goes for on the floor. If I'm shopping and someone is working, I'll say hi but not bother them if they are busy. Yes, being friendly is fine, but I know how shorthanded we are and there are tasks to get done.

The only people that do that are the GSTLs lol they’ll be like “can you cover my break” and I’ll be like yeah sure and then two minutes later they come up to me with a soda and chips and they’re like “can you ring me up”

I will on occasion go up to the service desk if I have a small purchase, I'm running low on time, AND there's no line up there. As an example, yesterday. I arrived 15 minutes early for my shift, discovered the front end was cold as hell, and went on an emergency mission for a red sweater or hoodie (for a company whose primary color is red, we sure don't sell much of it....), and went to SD to pay so I could clock in on time. Other than that, I also go to SCO whenever possible.

I will on occasion go up to the service desk if I have a small purchase, I'm running low on time, AND there's no line up there. As an example, yesterday. I arrived 15 minutes early for my shift, discovered the front end was cold as hell, and went on an emergency mission for a red sweater or hoodie (for a company whose primary color is red, we sure don't sell much of it....), and went to SD to pay so I could clock in on time. Other than that, I also go to SCO whenever possible.

I use service desk and cafe back when we had one. I think using a regular lane is kind of a slap in the face to the guest.

why would using a regular Lane be a slap in the face? Unless you're referring to opening up a regular lan in order to help a team member but not other guests?

and I had not considered the electronics boat. I will have to remember that one for next time.

Ever have one of those "what the fuck are you thinking, are you high" interactions with another TM, but you can't post it here because leadership got involved (and seemed to be thinking the same thing you were)? Yeah, one of those moments last night.

We go on break together and ring each other out quickly on a register away from the open ones (first quarter means no opening cashier, and only 1-2 in the morning lol). GSTL, team leads, team members, ETLs, STL, we got each other’s backs when it’s time for break. If guest try to get in line or gives us a dirty look we just say ‘oh we’re training him on register sorry’ 😝

Have had numerous TMs come over to my cafe counter to ring out.
What's annoying is when they bring over a freakin' pile.

Do you not have self check??

i get annoyed when someone at service desk calls me over for something that could be handled over walkie, i'm a busy boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back