To That One Guest - II

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize coffee they get for home or at a business is usually a blend of different coffees and tastes. Partially the coffee maker's faults, they don't really disclose what certain flavors go into a coffee.

TTOG: Look it sucks that your social anxiety is so bad that you have to shop when the store is near empty. However that doesn't excuse you from walking through my doors 5 minutes before close, spending 20 minutes shopping, another 15 doing returns, and then complaining that we're all standing around up front until you leave. That just makes you an asshole. Shop online or get here earlier.

TTOG: Look it sucks that your social anxiety is so bad that you have to shop when the store is near empty. However that doesn't excuse you from walking through my doors 5 minutes before close, spending 20 minutes shopping, another 15 doing returns, and then complaining that we're all standing around up front until you leave. That just makes you an asshole. Shop online or get here earlier.
Wow. Literally we have so many things to prevent this. Order pickup, drive up, target.com. Literally no excuse

I'm really sorry that I'm being 'unfair' because my system is splitting your returns up between a gift card and a red card. No I cannot stick it all back on the Redcard. Well obviously you did use a gift card with your purchase if it wants to stick it back onto a gift card. I can stick it all back on a gift card if you'd prefer. No, those are your only two options. Just be glad it wasn't a Merch return card or else you wouldn't have the option for the gift card in the first place.

I seriously do not understand why people have such hatred for gift cards. Just take the damn gift card and spend it, you're obviously going to be shopping anyways.

To that 40-something guy who sat in the cafe staring at the other baristas:
After staring at them for an uncomfortable amount of time, you walked up & told them how beautiful they were & you 'couldn't stop looking at them'.
Maybe you thought it was complimentary but it was equal parts of cringe & creepster that drove them into the back storage area until you left.

*guest hands me a receipt and a couple items*
*I pick up the receipt and see that it’s a return receipt, not a purchase receipt*
Me: “this is a return receipt do you have your original?”
Guest: “no but it’s from the same receipt.”
Me: “I can’t use this. I need your original receipt or your card you used to purchase them with.”
Guest: “okay I have the card.” *inserts*
*items come up not found*
Me: “they didn’t come up on that card could it have been another one?”
Guest: “I used my red card but this card is connected to the same account.”
Me: “since you didn’t actually use that card I’ll need your red card to pull it up.”
Guest: “I did use this. It came out of my checking account.”
Me: “yes it came out of your checking account but you used your red card to pay it doesn’t matter if it’s the same account you did not use this specific card to buy it so it won’t find it by looking it up with that card.”
Guest: “my red card is in the car.”
Me: “ok so are you gonna grab it?”
Guest: “you can’t look it up with my name?”
Me: “no.”
Guest: *snatches items and walks away grumbling*
Bitch if I could have done any of the fucking things you “suggested” don’t you think I would have???? Also don’t argue with me about how it works like you know anything clearly if it worked the way you said we wouldn’t be having any fucking issues would we?

I'm really sorry that I'm being 'unfair' because my system is splitting your returns up between a gift card and a red card. No I cannot stick it all back on the Redcard. Well obviously you did use a gift card with your purchase if it wants to stick it back onto a gift card. I can stick it all back on a gift card if you'd prefer. No, those are your only two options. Just be glad it wasn't a Merch return card or else you wouldn't have the option for the gift card in the first place.

I seriously do not understand why people have such hatred for gift cards. Just take the damn gift card and spend it, you're obviously going to be shopping anyways.
I had this same thing happen to me today and the woman was pitching a fit yelling at me because I had to give her 5 dollars on a gift card since that’s how she paid. The kicker: she was purchasing more items at the exact same time and just used the gift card towards them after putting so much of a fight...

I had this same thing happen to me today and the woman was pitching a fit yelling at me because I had to give her 5 dollars on a gift card since that’s how she paid. The kicker: she was purchasing more items at the exact same time and just used the gift card towards them after putting so much of a fight...
This.

Like Susan I know you’re literally gonna go shopping in 10 minutes just take the gift card

It's the 5%. If they can get it all back on their red card then the next shopping trip is a little cheaper than if it's split between the two.

This is Starbucks, my friend. There will be more sugar (or fake sugar--horrors) than anything, making the taste of the actual coffee irrelevant.
Brewed coffee is available. On my tired days, brewed coffee with a shot of espresso.

To Those Guests Who Don't Speak English: For the love of god just make it clear upfront that you do not speak English. I hate guessing games. I hate it when you thrust clothes towards me while smiling and I don't know what you want. Do you want to try them on? Do you not want them? Do you think that you can pay for your clothes here? I hate it when you do say a few polite words in English because that just makes the guessing game worse, because the possibility that you and I don't speak the same language is lower on my "what's going on?" list. I can't tell that you don't speak English just by looking at you.

Deaf folks, I love them, up front they signal that they can't hear and I know right away to use general hand signals and find pen and paper. One woman who spoke Spanish, she had her phone out with a translation program up, and all I had to do was figure out from Google's botched translation what she actually wanted. So much easier and so much less frustrating than trying to figure out why someone is smiling but not responding.

Do you think that you can pay for your clothes here?
TTOG: Fuck you for shopping first, filling up a cart full of crap, then conveniently skipping the registers, coming up to the Service Desk, "I want to return these items," <items returned>, "oh, can I go ahead and check out here? I only have a few things."

Ahh, the Yes Desk!

unless your GE is psycho you should actually turn that guest over to the checklanes; it's a bad experience for your other guests to be waiting in line behind a cart load of stuff (assuming you're the only one working guest services at that time)
We're a Yes Store. ETL-GE and GSAs/GSTLs discourage use of the word "no" and it sucks. Often times, because I'm playing Yes Cashier at the Yes Desk, I have to call for backup because the only guests I'm allowed to turn away are those who have weighable produce since there's no scale at SD/GS.
I try to say no in the nicest way possible: "if there's not many items, okay, and no produce."
It would be okay if the fuckers didn't demand bags, me take off the hangers, and other very specific requests best suited for the lanes.

Ahh, the Yes Desk at a Yes Store.

Kill me please. :(:confused:

TTOG: Fuck you for shopping first, filling up a cart full of crap, then conveniently skipping the registers, coming up to the Service Desk, "I want to return these items," <items returned>, "oh, can I go ahead and check out here? I only have a few things."

Ahh, the Yes Desk!
At my store the policy is if it’s a few items, always do it, if it’s more than a few only do it if there’s no line.
unless your GE is psycho you should actually turn that guest over to the checklanes; it's a bad experience for your other guests to be waiting in line behind a cart load of stuff (assuming you're the only one working guest services at that time)
I’m surprised as you’re normally big on the “guests should only have to wait in one line” thing

Ours is psycho unfortunately

I’m surprised as you’re normally big on the “guests should only have to wait in one line” thing

Service Desk just isn’t the most efficient place to check out a cartful of groceries. I do try and make it as easy for our guests as possible but I also have to take into account the other guests in line and the experience they’re getting, if that makes sense at all

Also, we treat our Service Desk as another express lane when we’re slammed at the lanes but slow at the desk; 10 items or less and no alcohol.

TTOG: I get that you need a companion animal to get through your days. I try not to judge. That said - wash your damn dog. It smells like damp, dirty dog 1/2 hour after you've left.
TTOtherOG: It's the opposite of cute to put your dog in a cart.

TTOG: What was I doing when I was scratching the back of your gift card? My job. Secondly, you and your bratty, whiny adult son always come in and say how much you hate it here / don't like the way I in particular work and always seem to have serious attitude issues. I know I'm not the only one you do this to as I've seen you be terrible to other TMs too.

Why even bother coming in at all? Or do you get joy out of being absolute pissholes to everyone around you?

TTOG: "30% off" sticker on the books has small writing that also says "off cover price."
Most of our books are 30% less than the publisher's retail price. You did get 30% off.
No, I'm not price adjusting it.
You have a nice day now.

Turn the book over and show them the price on the back. That’s usually when it clicks in their heads

Back