To That One Guest - II

Literally so many people will think just because they don’t have a return they deserve to skip the line. One time I was by myself at open and I clocked in and walked to guest service and my line was already 5 people long. I was speed walking to the OPU room to grab someone’s order when some guy stopped me and was like “do you have a lost and found?” And I was like “yeah it’s at guest service I’ll look for whatever you lost when I get to you” and he was like “there’s a line” and I was like “yep it’s just me and I’m going as fast as I can” and he was like “I really have to wait in line for you to look in the lost and found?” And I was like “yes you can’t just cut everyone that’s been waiting and expect me to stop everything I’m doing to look for whatever you lost” and I was like looking out of the corner of my eye and the line had like doubled during the course of this conversation and he was just like still like “what? I have to wait in line? That’s rediculous I shouldn’t have to wait in line” like literally rambling and I finally was like “AGAIN I CANT LET YOU CUT EVERYONE I AM ALONE BY MYSELF AND WILL GET TO YOU WHEN I CAN” and walked into the OPU room. He waited in line lmao

Or the occasional lady that will come up to the side of the service desk when all 4 registers are being used and the line is still super long and she’s like “I just have a simple exchange” interrupting me with a guest and I’m like “yep we do that here” and she’s like “I don’t want to wait in line” and I’m like “even for simple things you can’t cut everyone” and she’s like “it’ll be super fast I don’t have time to wait in line” and I’m like “everyone is busy and they’ve already been waiting you can’t cut them” and they like refuse to take that answer lol
Had a lady today try and cut the line at pharmacy so I could ring out her OTC items. It was just me and the pharmacist (who was on the phone) and she walks up to the other register. I politely tell her “ma’am, the end of the line is down this aisle...” She says, “oh, I just need to purchase these items.” I said, “well, if you aren’t picking up a prescription, you’ll have to take them to the front lanes.” She says, “There are lines up there and I’m in a hurry.” I said, “well, I have a line back here too and we only ring up Target items with prescriptions.” “So you can’t just ring me up real quick?” “No. I have a line of pharmacy customers who were waiting before you came up. You can use the self check out if you don’t want to wait in the lines up front.” “Well, that’s pretty shitty customer service!” “I’m sure the people who have been patiently waiting in line here would think the same if I helped you first since they were waiting before you even walked up!” “Whatever!” (The lady who was next in line actually said “BYE FELICIA!” :D)

There is no way I believe any Target has their Valentines candy on clearance for 70% off right now and I won’t price match it. One. We don’t price match other Targets. And Two. I don’t care if you have a photo. It’s either from last year or you grabbed a clearance sign and stuck it over there.

There is no way I believe any Target has their Valentines candy on clearance for 70% off right now and I won’t price match it. One. We don’t price match other Targets. And Two. I don’t care if you have a photo. It’s either from last year or you grabbed a clearance sign and stuck it over there.

We don't price match clearance period. Some stores an item can be 30% off, another store it can be 50%.

(Not saying any Valentines candy is on clearance, but I've had guests with other items ask. "Oh, it's $7.48 back home and here it's $13.98...wahhh you should match that price!")

TTOG: The passive aggressive "I'm not going to tell you what I want, you have to guess" is not cute and does not make me inclined to play the guessing game with you, especially half an hour before closing. You wanted to know if we have a clearance item, I directed you to the appropriate clearance rack. "Oh" and follow me around a bit. Then you asked if it could be in a different clearance rack, I said unlikely but there's a chance. "Oh" and follow me around a bit. Nope, I'm not dropping everything and scouring clearance for you unless you use your big girl voice and directly ask. Then you said "Sister store is open, right?" and I said nope, they close an hour earlier than we do. "Oh", stand there a minute plus and then "I thought all Targets were the same". Nope, I'm not dropping everything, checking if this one day is an exception, calling Sister store to see if they have that clearance item unless you use your big girl voice and directly ask. I am not your pet or your servant who has to figure out what you want and provide it without you having to say it directly.

Last edited:
So today a guest asked for “onion goggles”????
What??
She said they protect your eyes while cutting onions. 🤦🏻‍♀️
People will buy anything.
Weird, I haven't had a problem with onions in years. I figured they had selectively bred that trait out.

So today a guest asked for “onion goggles”????
What??
She said they protect your eyes while cutting onions. 🤦🏻‍♀️
People will buy anything.

I worked in a kitchen at a summer camp for a few years. I'd run to the costume closet for a stormtrooper mask.

Worked every time.

I don’t mean to sound all “hey kids, get off my lawn”, but

1- Why do kids always come to Target in large groups on Friday nights? Don’t they have more exciting things to do?

2- Why are they so freaking loud all the time? Seriously, it’s very annoying

Oh an also, it would help if they didn’t destroy my zone.

1- Why do kids always come to Target in large groups on Friday nights? Don’t they have more exciting things to do?

Or ride around in carts, bounce balls, or tear clothes off the racks in softlines.

Or ride around in carts, bounce balls, or tear clothes off the racks in softlines.

Or de-pants all of the mannequins 🙄😬

Oh today...

TTOG: Thanks for letting me know about the parking. I can't do anything about it. I'm sorry we're so busy and I'm sorry that we have snow piles everywhere. Did you want me to make people leave?

TTOG: No, I don't know of a pain reliever specific for back pain. And I'm not a doctor or pharmacist, so I can't recommend anything OTC for you. I showed you where the Tylenol/Advil/Aleve were. Good luck.

TTOG: I actually have to apologize for the attitude the TM at the service desk showed you. All we needed to know was how to cancel the order. Thank you GSA for helping.

Things from the weekend:
Friday: Guest: Excuse me, ma'am, we'd just like to let you know that there's a topless mannequin in Women's...
Me: I'll let the team know.
Guest's daughter: No, don't! It's beautiful 😂
(Thank you for that. It made me laugh)

Saturday
TTOG: Why did you have to be such a bitch? OK, I'm sorry your gift card didn't have a balance, but don't blame our people. The cashier who handled your previous transaction did exactly what they were supposed to and the gift card was sold because both the GSTL and I checked and got a balance of $0 each time. So the likely scenario is that you used it and threw it back in your purse. Snapping "Whatever, I don't care! Re-train your people!"at both of us multiple times when we did nothing wrong was uncalled for and also makes us really eager to help you 🙄. Lose the 'tude, Myra.

TTOG: That's how the orchids come in. I have no control over this. I'm not a florist and I am not about to make a mess all over the racetrack because you don't like the available combinations of flower and pot colors. I'm also not going to take responsibility if repotting damages either flower, as is not an unrealistic possiblity. Buy them both, take them home, and do it your own damned self.

Back