To That One Guest - II

To that one (seasonal) Team Member: My salvage bin is not for you to throw all your processed salvaged out clothing into. That bin was empty and my salvaged box all boxed up and ready to go back, and you filled it to overflowing. I had to get another box just for that. Take it back to Receiving and box it up yourself.

To that one (seasonal) Team Member: My salvage bin is not for you to throw all your processed salvaged out clothing into. That bin was empty and my salvaged box all boxed up and ready to go back, and you filled it to overflowing. I had to get another box just for that. Take it back to Receiving and box it up yourself.

Yeah, that's not happening.

Sincerely,
The Style Team

That would happen to me with non-season style TM's and it would piss me off. I know I would receive a conversation the next morning if the morning GStm's came into a fill box at GS. Of course, they would do it right before closing. I then showed them where the empty boxes were located and told them to do it themselves.

Try to have a little empathy. Style is having to do all floor stuff with too little time so setting aside time to deal with the torn or stained clothes, partial sets, torn underwear and socks packages, suspicious loose panties left near the fitting rooms, returns from GS and out of the fitting room that clearly had a tag switch, and those single shoes before doing the floor tasks just isn't going to happen. The only real way to have time to work on it is see if you can get the closing tasks done before close and claim those few extra minutes for the salvage tasks. And if you leave it at the fitting room to be taken up in the morning, half the stuff will sit there until your next shift (which could be days) and the other half will be put back on the floor by brain dead morning Style TMs. So damned if you do, damned if you don't. Leave it, it will be put back on the floor even if it's not Target brand or clearly half a set or it will be buried under new unworked salvage items. Bring it up, GS hates your guts.

Try to have a little empathy. Style is having to do all floor stuff with too little time so setting aside time to deal with the torn or stained clothes, partial sets, torn underwear and socks packages, suspicious loose panties left near the fitting rooms, returns from GS and out of the fitting room that clearly had a tag switch, and those single shoes before doing the floor tasks just isn't going to happen. The only real way to have time to work on it is see if you can get the closing tasks done before close and claim those few extra minutes for the salvage tasks. And if you leave it at the fitting room to be taken up in the morning, half the stuff will sit there until your next shift (which could be days) and the other half will be put back on the floor by brain dead morning Style TMs. So damned if you do, damned if you don't. Leave it, it will be put back on the floor even if it's not Target brand or clearly half a set or it will be buried under new unworked salvage items. Bring it up, GS hates your guts.

I get this, but at our store all those items that need defected out or repackaged come up to GS for us to do. Ripped open packages of underwear/shirts/socks, loose underwear/socks/shirts out of its package, clothes with coffee/deodorant/mysterious stains, missing shoes, clothes with missing tags, etc.

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.

I run the front and I don’t mind helping out with style defectives or any other department for that matter. But I do expect whoever brings The defectives up to communicate with my team. We also have days where we’re so busy we don’t have time. Last Saturday a team member in seasonal brought up a three tier full of defective and random re-shop and parked it behind gas service. So yeah I was really mad. No communications and we were slammed and nobody even bothered to ask. I found out who it was and talked to their team lead. The front end is not responsible for all defectives I just need communication and respect for my teams time.

We have a Damages bin up at Guest Services, they are expected to salvage out damages for the whole store. They also have no issue with departments putting stuff that is already salvage (zero price) in their salvage boxes.

We have a Damages bin up at Guest Services, they are expected to salvage out damages for the whole store. They also have no issue with departments putting stuff that is already salvage (zero price) in their salvage boxes.
If anything is defected out already I have no issue with them throwing it in our box. If by damages you mean like stuff found around the store that’s damaged/defective, I’m ok doing it if it’s like one or two things but if you come up with a cart load of stuff *cough ETLs* I’m not gonna be happy lol

Not target related, but,

TTOG at Costco: Thank you for giving me tissues as I was dealing with an unfortunate nosebleed. That was very kind of you. Hope you get some good karma today.
I once cut myself at the lane with the bag holders and flashed my light to ask for a Band-Aid and the guest had a mini first aid kit in her purse and gave me one.

TTOLadyWaitingForABus: Just as I was walking out to the lot. If you have a cart, put it back inside before you board. You were like, a foot away from the door. Do it yourself. Pointing frantically and aimlessly at your cart hoping someone sees you is the stupidest thing you can do.

On top of that, as I was getting in my car I heard you say. "Well, I hate to leave the cart here, but he didn't see me." As you left it in the middle of the lot and got on your bus.

For god sake, Gen X always bitches about millennials being awful, but they're just ad awful as the people they complain about. 🙄

Thanksgiving & Black Friday have passed and no TTOG stories? I'm impressed.

TTOBitchyLadyWithTheChicken: Patience is a virtue that you clearly don't have. Why did you even come to SCO if you didn't want to ring your assload of chicken yourself? You had trouble getting one of the packs to scan. I came over and tried to assist you, but you basically said "F**k this, I'm not wasting my time here."

🙄🙄🙄

Well, good, because I don't want to help you if you're going to be that way.

Some people.

Last edited:
Back