To That One Guest - II

Exactly FTC and it's easy to bullshit your way around a missed scan. Karen, Ken and the trash will try and likely succeed intimidating a young SCO attendant. Grocery stores have minimal AP coverage and they probably don't have the authority to apprehend and question customers for fear of losing their job. It's a field day at SCO's. As the crab legs fly out the front door.

Yes. After your return of a pair of shorts without tags , I expect you to take your overflowing cart of grocery , lamps, and spiderwrapped electronics, diapers and soda and chips...over to one of 4 open checklanes so that I can move on to help the 3 guest who have returns to process in the return line.
Or do it when you come in to have no reason to think you stole it

TTOG asking about anti-itch cream.
Me: Yes, it's just down that aisle, same as band-aids, right-hand side, about in the middle.
Guest: I didn't see what I'm looking for.
Me: Right in here. (I point out the shelves with various creams for that purpose.)
Guest: I saw these, but I didn't see anything for anti-itch.
Me: These boxes say "anti-itch" right here and here and here (as I'm pointing to at least 3 different kinds).
Guest: But that's not what I'm looking for.
Me: Are you looking for a certain brand?
Guest: No, not really.
And they walk away.
There's just no pleasing some people.

On the other hand, another guest was very easy to please when I told her that the BOGO offer for lip make-up items included more than just the kinds she was looking at right then. So maybe it evens out?

TTOG: You walked up & whipped out a list, prompting groans from people behind you: seven drinks, five sandwiches, three pastries & 2 large ice waters.
We're knocking out your order in good fashion til a couple of drive-ups ring in so they're being worked on amid your order.
You interrupted us several times pointing out that you "didn't order those items" & I said "No, you didn't" before putting them in bags to set out for DUTMs to pick up so you'd stand there & huff.
When we had your order ready (in bags & on drink trays) you looked it over & asked why it wasn't in a box, "XX location always puts it in a box!"
I gave her my best Vanna White apologetic smile & said "Sorry, we don't have any boxes. Have a nice day!" before walking away & starting on the next order.
Next time plan ahead.

Last edited:
Fungal infections make you itchy. They may have been looking for athlete's foot cream.
Then she could have said something more. All she said was "anti-itch." Or she could have spoken with the pharmacist if she was embarrassed to say more to me. Not that she would have known, but working in the area with condoms, suppositories, remedies for lice, etc., I've been asked about pretty much all of it by now.

TTOG: You ordered a frapp with non-dairy milk & extra ice, telling us to put it in a larger cup which my barista did. THEN you taste it & said "It doesn't taste right. Did you add the two espresso shots?" I said that no, she didn't include that in her order but we can add them to the frapp. Big smile: "Oh yes! I just completely forgot!" I said "Of course. Now if you can come back over to the register I'll ring those shots up for you so we can finish your drink."
Smile gone, replaced with pissed look but she came over & paid.
You don't think I remember you arguing with me & my SBTL about you having to pay for all your extras?
Guess you thought you could pull one on my newer baristas.
Not today, Satan!

Your abuse of DU protocol on the guest side screams of your integrity. Not only do you double tap every other visit for an obscenly hige order
..you say you are here (honk honk) before you're even in the parking lot. Yeah. Watched this time...who the hail said they re here??...ah here you come ...naw...I m a go back down the elavator...you can wait. Longer.

If you're going to accuse someone of speaking in appropriately to you at DU....you should at least be on camera with your tinted window rolled down. You ve over played you're welcome at this Target.

TTOG: please don’t call me on my device saying “I’m in electronics and I haven’t seen a single soul. I need help”. I’ll get to you when they inevitably walkie me telling me a guest is in tech. Then when I come to help you with consumer cellular don’t give me even more of an attitude when I tell you I can’t help with what you want per our policy. Now, get your fat ass out of my department.

Your abuse of DU protocol on the guest side screams of your integrity. Not only do you double tap every other visit for an obscenly hige order
..you say you are here (honk honk) before you're even in the parking lot. Yeah. Watched this time...who the hail said they re here??...ah here you come ...naw...I m a go back down the elavator...you can wait. Longer.
Double taps or drop ins as my store calls them, definitely wait. At least 2 minutes sometimes 4 or 5 depending on the size of the order.

Double taps or drop ins as my store calls them, definitely wait. At least 2 minutes sometimes 4 or 5 depending on the size of the order.
We have the regular with regular orders upwards of 60 items. I make them wait. and, I v gone kamikaze and given them a bag of RTS instead of one of their own which gets wheeled with me back to GS... When they return 15 minutes later and gruff about it I v got it right at registers and apologize profusely. Feels great.

TTOG...by definition , my attempting to GS you at the GS desk IS HELPING YOU and includes calling over a department TL who could maybe GS you further then me. Your complaining to the TL right in front of me that " she didn't help me at all" wowed my trainees who both gave you bug eyes and a jaw drop! Please. Don't come back. Thank you.

We have the regular with regular orders upwards of 60 items. I make them wait. and, I v gone kamikaze and given them a bag of RTS instead of one of their own which gets wheeled with me back to GS... When they return 15 minutes later and gruff about it I v got it right at registers and apologize profusely. Feels great.
Why are you sabotaging it? That's a jerkish thing. Doing it right isn't going to hurt you in the slightest.

TTOG in the power suit: You ordered nine different sandwiches & pastries, all warmed, along with five different drinks.
I was bouncing between the oven & bar in record time. You waited until I'd nearly bagged up everything before telling me to label everything. Done. Then you asked me which drinks were which so I showed you the side of the cups with the info. I hand everything off to you & you began looking in the food bag.
"Is the receipt in there?"
"No ma'am, there's no receipt."
"Oh. I'll need a receipt then."
"I'm sorry, you should've mentioned it when you paid. I can't print them after someone else has paid."
By then there had been seven transactions.
She blinked......& walked off. No thank you, nothing.
Guess the power suit didn't include brains as an accessory.

redeye58 tell her "Oh, you need a receipt THEN"? No you stupid asshole say PLEASE, not THEN, You have infinitely more patience than this old redneck!

Why are you sabotaging it? That's a jerkish thing. Doing it right isn't going to hurt you in the slightest.
Not "it" , "them"/"they" are the jerks. And yes the double tap results in my time recording red plus domino factor also makes subsequent orders run over. DU is a delicate dance. Eventually here comes my TL with , "could you pick up your time please you're dragging down the team" ...and I m scheduled next a full week in SCO. Its the azz hole guest that jumps the line and sabotage s MY job.

Not "it" , "them"/"they" are the jerks. And yes the double tap results in my time recording red plus domino factor also makes subsequent orders run over. DU is a delicate dance. Eventually here comes my TL with , "could you pick up your time please you're dragging down the team" ...and I m scheduled next a full week in SCO. Its the azz hole guest that jumps the line and sabotage s MY job.
But why would you want to have to deal with the guest again by making them come in to get the right bag? It's petty.

Yes guests are aggravating but just breathe, give the guests their proper orders, and get on with your day.

Back