To That One Guest - II

TTOG in the power suit: You ordered nine different sandwiches & pastries, all warmed, along with five different drinks.
I was bouncing between the oven & bar in record time. You waited until I'd nearly bagged up everything before telling me to label everything. Done. Then you asked me which drinks were which so I showed you the side of the cups with the info. I hand everything off to you & you began looking in the food bag.
"Is the receipt in there?"
"No ma'am, there's no receipt."
"Oh. I'll need a receipt then."
"I'm sorry, you should've mentioned it when you paid. I can't print them after someone else has paid."
By then there had been seven transactions.
She blinked......& walked off. No thank you, nothing.
Guess the power suit didn't include brains as an accessory.
Doesn't the register print a receipt automatically?

TTOG in the Adult Cough & Cold section:
Seriously, you think it's okay to leave a banana laying on top of bottles of cold medicine, tucked in under the shelf above so the banana can't be seen easily? While setting that transition, I put my hand on it, reaching to move containers and definitely not expecting a piece of fruit to be there. Fortunately, it hadn't been there long enough to go completely soft and rotten to even smell "off," but it had been there for a few days. You're a gross person who does disgusting things. What does your house look like? Cancel that, I definitely do not want to know.

What is it about people and fresh produce? This episode reminds me of the half-eaten peach another *guest* had pushed against the backer paper behind boxes of protein bars. That was gross too.

While pushing groc uboats one morning I had to stop to zone & clear out numerous empty packages from people who decided they needed to sample or snack.
I can't count how many boxes of fruit snacks, candy bar packs, bags of chips, energy drinks & the like I found empty or partially consumed on shelves throughout.
People are such pigs.

TTOG in the Adult Cough & Cold section:
Seriously, you think it's okay to leave a banana laying on top of bottles of cold medicine, tucked in under the shelf above so the banana can't be seen easily? While setting that transition, I put my hand on it, reaching to move containers and definitely not expecting a piece of fruit to be there. Fortunately, it hadn't been there long enough to go completely soft and rotten to even smell "off," but it had been there for a few days. You're a gross person who does disgusting things. What does your house look like? Cancel that, I definitely do not want to know.

What is it about people and fresh produce? This episode reminds me of the half-eaten peach another *guest* had pushed against the backer paper behind boxes of protein bars. That was gross too.

While pushing groc uboats one morning I had to stop to zone & clear out numerous empty packages from people who decided they needed to sample or snack.
I can't count how many boxes of fruit snacks, candy bar packs, bags of chips, energy drinks & the like I found empty or partially consumed on shelves throughout.
People are such pigs.
At Sears I once found a whole ice cream cone stuffed in a pair of Dockers, pressed between the folds looking like a preserved flower. That's probably the most unique one I've encountered, lol.

At Sears I once found a whole ice cream cone stuffed in a pair of Dockers, pressed between the folds looking like a preserved flower. That's probably the most unique one I've encountered, lol.
I found ice cream sandwiches sitting on top of a box of shoes and surrounded like other boxes of shoes, like it was part of the planogram.

At my not-Target store we got a Karen named Sharon who works at the customer service desk and she is never not blowing up the walkie to wig out about some trivial bullshit, leadership can't stand her and you can tell by their grimaces when she pages them that they fully regret ever hiring her...but at least I get to take credit for popularizing the store-wide saying "Sharon is Karen"

Meanwhile at Not-Target...

I was waiting to talk to the store director about stuff and things while phone-Karen raged in her ear all like "your store blows and your return policy is way too restrictive, just calling to let you know that I'm taking my business elsewhere and canceling your charge card" and the store director was like "Actually ma'am this is corporate's store, I just work here" and smacked the handset back into the cradle hard enough to rattle my teeth

and then she turns to me and says "gawd it's actually hilarious that they haven't fired me yet, cause that shit gets 'recorded for quality assurance' hahaha...what can I do for you CTT"

QA status = passed, I'd say, and as a plus all the above quotes were paraphrased minimally enough that this poast still qualifies as a work of non-fiction

Nice thing about my job, I looooove telling unreasonable people "no." How dare I make changes to your policy? Because it ain't your policy bitch, you're just renting it, and yeah, either you've been abusing the privilege or it's obvious as sin you are lying.

The sad part of my job is telling reasonable people "I'm sorry, I can't, I wish I could." There's a lot of people out there that are legit struggling to pay the bills, and since credit scores are taken into account when determining rates they get a double whammy.

To That Group of Tweeners: You all probably thought you were being so clever ordering your pink drinks with no ice then asking for a cup of ice afterwards. Until the mom noticed the extra charge pop up each time.
Ya see, Starbucks added the 'extra refresher base' button for those times that you order no water/no ice cause they're in the business to make money.
Every time some tik tok twat posts a 'hack' for cutting costs, someone at Starbucks says 'Challenge accepted'.

TTOG (or maybe two): The "play with cans of shaving cream" game is so old, but you put a new twist on it with spraying a little pile of one kind and then sitting the can in the middle of the pile. Thanks for demonstrating your technique not once, not twice, but three times with three different kinds. So special.
Then right across from there, you somehow messed up a whole shelf of packages of bar soap. Did you kick some first then swipe with your foot, or swipe first and then kick the ones that didn't fall over?
What a totally fabulous way to start my day.

I will never understand the kids (I'm assuming, really hoping it's not adults doing this stuff) who think this is an okay way to amuse themselves. If I'd done either one of these things, my mom would have read me the riot act, made me clean up what I did, and then grounded me for a month. But she wouldn't have needed to do any of that because I would never have even thought to do stuff like this, much less actually do it.
What are these kids going to be like when they grow up? That is, assuming they do grow up. Yikes.

TTOG (or maybe two): The "play with cans of shaving cream" game is so old, but you put a new twist on it with spraying a little pile of one kind and then sitting the can in the middle of the pile. Thanks for demonstrating your technique not once, not twice, but three times with three different kinds. So special.
Then right across from there, you somehow messed up a whole shelf of packages of bar soap. Did you kick some first then swipe with your foot, or swipe first and then kick the ones that didn't fall over?
What a totally fabulous way to start my day.

I will never understand the kids (I'm assuming, really hoping it's not adults doing this stuff) who think this is an okay way to amuse themselves. If I'd done either one of these things, my mom would have read me the riot act, made me clean up what I did, and then grounded me for a month. But she wouldn't have needed to do any of that because I would never have even thought to do stuff like this, much less actually do it.
What are these kids going to be like when they grow up? That is, assuming they do grow up. Yikes.
Adults do it too.

To those high schoolers who thought they were SO clever ordering a grande pink drink with no ice then asking for a cup of ice on the side: meet my new little friend - a button that charges extra for 'no ice/no water'.
You didn't notice it but your friend sure did; she opted for light ice & saved herself $1.10.
So if someone legitimately wants no ice/no water they get charged extra? That's kind of weird, lol.

Back