To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand why people don't already still have an ice scraper and/or a shovel.

EVERY YEAR THESE PEOPLE COME RUSHING TO BUY THE STUFF.

I will never understand why people don't already still have an ice scraper and/or a shovel.

EVERY YEAR THESE PEOPLE COME RUSHING TO BUY THE STUFF.
Because, when the weather warms up & melts their memory, they toss those out during spring cleaning.
Like my brother-in-law who threw out the half-dead Christmas tree with the stand still attached. When my sister yelled at him about it, he said "We save those.....?"

Service desk last night...
Guest: "Hi, I just bought these [Lindt] chocolates and noticed they didn't have a very good date on them...I'd really appreciate it if I could trade them for one with a better date, as I just feel they might be *a little* bit fresher."
Me *assumes they are EXPIRED*: "sure no problem, it'll take one second"
The "bad" bag expires in December of 2014... WHY. Any bag of chocolates that you buy at a grocery store has enough preservatives to keep it "fresh" for months after the expiration date. And also I'd love to see this date rating system you're apparently relying on

At least you can donate it to the food bank, no way to return it to inventory since it's auto-destroy when returned.

I would've been sorely tempted to say something to them.

Does it really get donated? I just figured all of that went straight into the compactor. Or does the LOD pull out the food from the rest of the red defectives?

Does it really get donated? I just figured all of that went straight into the compactor. Or does the LOD pull out the food from the rest of the red defectives?

Behind guest services, my store has two new bins for food donations and pet food donations for stuff that would normally get defected out.

Food banks don't accept candy. We've been told to pull it from foodbank donations.
That's why we always had a bottomless candy bowl during any candy holiday.

Behind guest services, my store has two new bins for food donations and pet food donations for stuff that would normally get defected out.
Ah...all of ours goes into the toss bin (formerly red defectives) and gets compacted.

From a friend who does a blog about bookselling:

Tenure in Retail can be measured by the reaction time to the question, "Do you work here?"

* Immediate answer: less than 6 months or more than 20 years.

* Slight hesitation with a smile: 6 months to 2 years.

* Prolonged hesitation with shoulder slump and eye twitch: 2 years to 10 years.

* Slight hesitation and gulp as all the snarky responses you choose not to say are swallowed: 10 to 20 years.

Last edited:
To every. single. guest.

Hi, I'm looseseal. You don't know me, and I'm a terrible person, but you have to act like the sun shines out of my ass anyways. I think I'm going to invite myself over to your house today. Sound good? I hope you have a coffee maker, because I really need to get my caffiene fix while I fuck all of your shit up. But -- OOPS! I just spilled my espresso all over your beautiful hardwood floors!! I'll just walk away, because I'm sure this giant puddle of shitwater isn't noticeable, and its your house so you'll clean it up anyways, right? hahahaha! Now I think I want to go try on some clothes. Wow, that shirt is just so cute! And these jeans! But I don't think I want to borrow them anymore, so I'll just ball them up into a wad and toss them in a corner, because I'm disrespectful and think that everyone is my maid. Uh oh... that espresso really shot through me fast! I need to use the restroom! But where is it?!?! I know I walked right past it on my way in, but going down the hallway is just too much effort! I'll just pee on this wad of clothes. Hey, you can wash them, right? And all of this peeing and trying on clothes has made me hungry, I wonder what food you have to eat? Lets see what's in the freezer... ice cream, some pizza rolls, mozzerella sticks... I'll have all three! Oh but wait, in your pantry you have granola bars, so I'll have those instead. I'll just put all of the frozen food I don't want in your pantry, because I'm too much of a lazy fucking slob to walk two feet to the freezer and put it back myself. Well, guess its time to go now! You've been a great host. I think I'll come back again tomorrow. Have a great day!

That felt nice. I need a new job.

To every. single. guest.

Hi, I'm looseseal. You don't know me, and I'm a terrible person, but you have to act like the sun shines out of my ass anyways. I think I'm going to invite myself over to your house today. Sound good? I hope you have a coffee maker, because I really need to get my caffiene fix while I fuck all of your shit up. But -- OOPS! I just spilled my espresso all over your beautiful hardwood floors!! I'll just walk away, because I'm sure this giant puddle of shitwater isn't noticeable, and its your house so you'll clean it up anyways, right? hahahaha! Now I think I want to go try on some clothes. Wow, that shirt is just so cute! And these jeans! But I don't think I want to borrow them anymore, so I'll just ball them up into a wad and toss them in a corner, because I'm disrespectful and think that everyone is my maid. Uh oh... that espresso really shot through me fast! I need to use the restroom! But where is it?!?! I know I walked right past it on my way in, but going down the hallway is just too much effort! I'll just pee on this wad of clothes. Hey, you can wash them, right? And all of this peeing and trying on clothes has made me hungry, I wonder what food you have to eat? Lets see what's in the freezer... ice cream, some pizza rolls, mozzerella sticks... I'll have all three! Oh but wait, in your pantry you have granola bars, so I'll have those instead. I'll just put all of the frozen food I don't want in your pantry, because I'm too much of a lazy fucking slob to walk two feet to the freezer and put it back myself. Well, guess its time to go now! You've been a great host. I think I'll come back again tomorrow. Have a great day!

That felt nice. I need a new job.

Tell us how you really feel!

I had a guest yesterday drop a pint of blueberries that spilled everywhere. She started to pick them up and then saw me and handed me the pint. Then she laughed about how they were going all over the place and then proceeded to stand there while I dug under her cart for loose berries. After I got them all up she grabbed a new pint and walked off. No apology. No nothing. What a fucking asswipe.

When did it become okay for someone to go to a store, break stuff and/or otherwise damage merchandise, and not have to pay for it? I get that we're a huge corporation so the amount that we lose on broken stuff is probably negligible, but it's just shitty of people to not feel responsible for their actions.

In the years that I've worked retail I have had one customer offer to pay for something that their child broke. It was a snowglobe, so it was a pain to clean up. The dad offered to help me, apologized, and was determined to pay for it. I had to tell him several times that he did not need to worry about paying for it before he finally felt okay with not paying for something that his child broke. Even then he took one up front and tried to get the guest service tm to charge him for it. That was 5 years ago and I still remember that guest.

Last edited:
Actually, most states have laws that basically say that if you break it, you don't need to buy it. But people don't know any better, so stores can get away with putting those signs up.

Actually, most states have laws that basically say that if you break it, you don't need to buy it. But people don't know any better, so stores can get away with putting those signs up.
How is that even right? Smh america.

I totally get that there's a lot of legality concerning you break you buy (who's at fault, how much they should pay, blah blah blah), but it's really the thought that counts for most things in my book. Accidents happen. Shit gets broken. But to run over grape tomatoes that you dropped (another guest on that same day)...that's just being an asshole.

To that one guest ... Actually, this is to the three guests who did this last night:

When our store's Starbucks has its lights off at 9 p.m. but I'm still behind the counter working on something, I'm sorry, but we are closed. Yes, I know the store itself is still open until 11, but we close 2 hours earlier. If you had my job, you'd know why we close early.

To that one guest who came to the counter with three kids and whose kid made a face and sighed when I politely told you sorry, we're closed: Lady, I'm not a parent, but if I were, I would have told my son we'd get his drink another time and not to do that in front of the nice lady. He was old enough to know -- and be taught -- better.

To that one guest ... Actually, this is to the three guests who did this last night:

When our store's Starbucks has its lights off at 9 p.m. but I'm still behind the counter working on something, I'm sorry, but we are closed. Yes, I know the store itself is still open until 11, but we close 2 hours earlier. If you had my job, you'd know why we close early.

To that one guest who came to the counter with three kids and whose kid made a face and sighed when I politely told you sorry, we're closed: Lady, I'm not a parent, but if I were, I would have told my son we'd get his drink another time and not to do that in front of the nice lady. He was old enough to know -- and be taught -- better.
Welcome!!

Our Starbucks was the only Starbucks open within quite a radius yesterday. We had tons of calls asking a) if we were open and b) if our Starbucks was open. Starting at 8 I told them it was closed....I am a stinker that way.

to that obnoxious woman who yelled....""Girl", I am over near shoes!!" "Over in shoes!!" for a good twenty minutes....I talked to some of the other tm's you were loud AND destructive.

why?oh why? is it only the destructive people come out in the storms?

I got these guests all the time. Never mind the lights are off and the sign at the register saying its closed.

I would always get guests demanding for the left over popcorn to be given to them for free because it was being thrown out. Never mind, I had just my arms in the popcorn trying to sweep it out or started boiling out the kettle.

I might be nice enough to leave the soda machine on for guests/TMs already with cups until I start soaking the nozzles.

To that one guest.. If your kid is old enough to give me grammatically correct (and pretty witty) sass when I track him down, that code yellow wasn't necessary. You could have asked to page him.
This is interesting...we won't page.
Our etl's don't mind it because we've literally done it once in the past 4-6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back