To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not of that would hold up in a legitimate courtroom. People are stupid.
It doesn't, but they still cost the legal system hundreds of thousands every year as they file reams of bogus motions, appeals, and other BS paperwork. They've also been known to put fraudulent leans on the homes and vehicles of officers, judges, and all manner of public employees.

We only have paper bags, and have to charge 10 cents each. The county banned plastic bags and has secret shoppers that will fine the store if they give out plastic bags.

Yikes. When I back-up, I give away plastic bags and use them like crazy. The next city over has a plastic bag ban and use paper only. I like their paper bags, I wish we had them.

TTOGuest: What the fuck, dude. You don't leave a prescription for a Schedule I narcotic, along with two pills of said medication, sitting on a table in Starbucks, alone, while you wander off for ten minutes doing God knows what, where some little kid could find it and try to eat the little pink pills thinking that it's candy.
You're damn right that I took control of it, and since the prescription isn't in your name, you can tell your "friend" that we're holding it for him to come pick it up before the pharmacy closes tomorrow, otherwise we're destroying it.
You mean Schedule II? Schedule Is are illegal :cool:
Regardless, he shouldn't have left them just sitting there, even if it was just a maintenance med. And if it was for his "friend," why the hell were 2 out of the bottle???o_O

Regardless, he shouldn't have left them just sitting there, even if it was just a maintenance med. And if it was for his "friend," why the hell were 2 out of the bottle???o_O
Yeah, that's what I meant to put. My phone's autocorrect drives me nuts.
That was my thought also, so I called my friend on the PD, and he said that while they would like to come talk to him, they were extremely busy with a fatal wreck and a shooting, so it would have been a long while before an officer would be clear.

Not all Schedule I's are illegal. I can be prescribed marijuana.

Then again, never seen a marijuana pill.

Obviously, with Black Friday having just come and gone, I have a few good ones. For now, we'll just start with one.
GSA calls me and gives me a transaction number to look up and pull video footage of because the guest says she left behind a bag. Of course it's a $900 transaction, so I have to spend about fifteen minutes carefully examining the video to make sure the guest got all her stuff. Sure enough, everything got bagged, she took all the bags, and she left the store with all the bags. Nothing we can do. I call her back, but she doesn't pick up, so I leave her a voicemail saying that she must have misplaced her bag because we don't have it in the store and she left with it. I tell her to call back if she has any questions.
Fast-forward 20 minutes or so, and I get a call asking me to come to guest service. Apparently the lady has called back and is irate because she knows we have her bag, and we are apparently hiding it from her or something. I pick up the phone.
"Hi, my name is (redacted) can I help you find something?"
Then the lady proceeds to go off about how I accused her of being a liar and that she spent $900 at our store so why should she try to steal a bag of shirts? I explained that I wasn't accusing her of anything, but she had left with the bags so there was really nothing I could do. I suggested she check her car again in case it fell under something, but that just pissed her off more. Meanwhile I'm wondering why she cares about $20 worth of shirts when she had $900 to blow at Target, but hey, whatever. Finally, I managed to pawn here off on the LOD and got away before she asked for me again. The last thinks she said was "you're going to have a huge problem on your hands" to which I replied "Yes ma'am, I'm sure I will" before putting her on hold. My ETL-HR, who had heard part of the exchange, came up to me later and told me how amazed she was by how professionally I handled the call. She then spent the next twenty minutes telling me how great of an ETL I would be and how amazing of a job it is. Not really what I want to do with my life, but I appreciate the compliments.
It's worth noting that the bag still has not been found.

TToG from Monday that shoplifted a pair of girls' tights: I hope you realize I saw you waltz out the door and noted the time, date, and your physical description for AP. You don't get away with larceny in my zone.

We've had people just walk out with merchandise on a few different occasions. But since nobody could actually prove they took it, nobody went chasing after the guest. Apparently, you have to see them physically remove it from the shelf or hanger then leave the store. Otherwise, they could claim that they brought it in with them. I suppose the attitude is that it's not worth it create drama for something of such little $ value in the grand scheme of things. And then, there are the folks who manage to hide hundreds of dollars of stuff in a closed storage bin and who hope that a new cashier won't think to open the lid to check and see if anything is inside. Our AP stopped a few of them last year while leaving the store. And they were just so surprised that there was anything inside that storage container. "I wonder how it got there?"

Obviously, with Black Friday having just come and gone, I have a few good ones. For now, we'll just start with one.
GSA calls me and gives me a transaction number to look up and pull video footage of because the guest says she left behind a bag. Of course it's a $900 transaction, so I have to spend about fifteen minutes carefully examining the video to make sure the guest got all her stuff. Sure enough, everything got bagged, she took all the bags, and she left the store with all the bags. Nothing we can do. I call her back, but she doesn't pick up, so I leave her a voicemail saying that she must have misplaced her bag because we don't have it in the store and she left with it. I tell her to call back if she has any questions.
Fast-forward 20 minutes or so, and I get a call asking me to come to guest service. Apparently the lady has called back and is irate because she knows we have her bag, and we are apparently hiding it from her or something. I pick up the phone.
"Hi, my name is (redacted) can I help you find something?"
Then the lady proceeds to go off about how I accused her of being a liar and that she spent $900 at our store so why should she try to steal a bag of shirts? I explained that I wasn't accusing her of anything, but she had left with the bags so there was really nothing I could do. I suggested she check her car again in case it fell under something, but that just pissed her off more. Meanwhile I'm wondering why she cares about $20 worth of shirts when she had $900 to blow at Target, but hey, whatever. Finally, I managed to pawn here off on the LOD and got away before she asked for me again. The last thinks she said was "you're going to have a huge problem on your hands" to which I replied "Yes ma'am, I'm sure I will" before putting her on hold. My ETL-HR, who had heard part of the exchange, came up to me later and told me how amazed she was by how professionally I handled the call. She then spent the next twenty minutes telling me how great of an ETL I would be and how amazing of a job it is. Not really what I want to do with my life, but I appreciate the compliments.
It's worth noting that the bag still has not been found.

Shocked your store had you even pull footage. Mind, we're a low-shrink store, only have a APTL, no TPS, ETL-AP, APS, APL, etc. $20 of shirts out of a $900 order we'd likely have just replaces or refunded. Not your responsibility to do so, but it's what'd happen at my store. They wouldn't risk losing a guest that came in and spent $900 over $20. That's barely 2% of their purchase. Odds are she left the bag in her cart.

To the female guest that almost showed me her butt, please don't hunch over on your shopping cart making your sweater that you were wearing as a dress ride up. When I'm behind you pulling FF and trying to head up to guest service, please let me get by. I'm not complaining about your looks or your attire but I didnt say anything because I did not want drama. At least you had red tights on so it kinda hid your buttcheeks. I was so worried that i was going to get yelled at or called a perv. I wasn't staring or perving. I have to use my sight to see where I'm going. So don't hunch over on your shopping cart when you're wearing a short skirt or dress.

TToG who witheld the dpci for the item they called about, then said "f*ck you b*tch" because I wasn't psychic: why????

TToG that blamed me for their (obviously fake) card being declined: that's what you get for faking a card. Even I could tell it was fake at a glance. Sucks to suck, dude.

TTOG: Were you really expecting a 60 inch tv to fit in this car?

640px-2005-2008_BMW_320i_%28E90%29_sedan_%282011-07-17%29_01.jpg

And the back seats didn't even fold down!

TTOG: I'm sorry that Wal-Mart was out of the item you're looking for...maybe talk to management at that store instead of leadership at Target to complain or inquire when they'll receive more?? Also, glad you asked me directions to a store that doesn't even sell Christmas decorations, let alone candy cane-shaped stakes. Enjoy the 30-minute round trip for nothing, asshole :)

TTOG: I was pushing shoes this am. I am a flow tm and push shoes everyday. It's a shit show over there and has been for months, but I'm use to it. I suck it up and get it done. Today there were boxes and shoes all over the floor and lids everywhere. Typical. A guest looked at me and said you poor thing. Thanks, it made me smile.

TToG who accused one of our baristas of being racist: that barista is about as far as you can get from racist, she refused to make you a new pot of coffee because she literally just finished making a fresh pot of the same kind of coffee. Not because you were black. Complaining and pulling the race card when there is no reason to won't get you free coffee. Even your friend called you ridiculous.

TTOG who sent her employee from the neighboring store to buy all this coffee and didn't tell her employee to run her card as credit since it asked for a pin. We told her employee to hit the green button to run it as credit, she didn't feel comfortable doing it so she went back. This jewelry store manager comes and starts being extremely rude to my TM aggressively demanding why we "made" her employee punch in a pin to her card because it never asks for a pin. Newsflash lady, we didn't "make" her do anything, the card reader did, we told her she could run it as credit and she didn't want to. How are we supposed to know that that wasn't her card. Next time buy coffee your damn self and don't send someone else if you can't instruct them how to process your payment. Oh you're the manager of that store and she's your employee? Well the TM you're yelling at is mine as well so you respect them or I'll chew you out! Ugh she made me so mad lol

Last edited:
To that one couponer on Black Friday, you thought I wouldn't care because of the rush, think again. Don't pull that "I got that" crap and then not let me see your stuff / show it to me because "there is too much stuff to look through" I remember exactly what I rang up and you did not get 99% of the stuff you had coupons for, nice try. For the guest behind the couponer, thank you for being patient and understanding, you made my night :)

TTOG: Sorry we have no more Hanukkah (Chanukah?) stuff. But yelling "this store sucks!" isn't going to solve anything. Next time, don't wait until the day of Hanukkah to buy candles , we start selling them a month in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back