To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG who offered me Starbucks - that was so sweet, if it hadn't been so late I'd have taken you up on it.
TTOG who offered me Starbucks - ditto.
TTOG who offered me the cocktail of my choice - OMG you don't know how badly I wanted to say yes!
TTOG who offered me a cosmo - Again, jesus I wanted to say yes!
TTOG who offered to sneak me in a 6 pack - Damn, I almost said yes.

No, I will not check stock on the beats headphones. They were out of stock at least ten hours ago! Get your butt to the store before 11pm for the Black Friday sale.

This! People showing up at 2 pm on a Friday looking for an NES, get real...
Don't you just LOVE the tinkling sound of shattered dreams :D

TTOG: Sorry to seemingly ruin your day by informing you that the RC could take a few minutes and you might want to move to another line. Was only trying to help. The pissy tone of your voice as you said "Oh, well, thanks for telling us now..." was unnecessary. I turned my light off and you *heard* the guest say that they wanted to sign up fo a RedCard. Was I supposed to yell to you "DON'T COME TO THE LANE" if you were 20 feet away? Ugh.

Last edited:
Ttog: Signs say excludes food and beverage. So tell me how you got confused and thought Candy would be excluded from the food part of the exclusions. You didn't even buy Holiday candy on top of it. I hope you joke on your candy bars with your extra $50 that you got back.

TTOG: I feel somewhat horrible for laughing internally as the GSTL informed you that we can't price match on holiday items til next week; but the look on your face was priceless.

You then proceeded to complain about getting the 15% off your purchase, saying that the amount that came off doesn't add up to 15%. Um, I don't make the rules or decide the amount myself, just take whatever amount it is and say Thank you. :rolleyes::p

TTOG: There was zero need for you to go off on another guest today. He was simply trying to point you in the right direction and he was very nice about it.

Rightfully, you apologized to him after both of you had gone through your respective lanes. Whether you were having a bad day or whatever, you shouldn't take it out on another guest who is only helping you and saving the other guests that belong in the Express lane a giant headache.

However, I'm impressed that you realized you were wrong and sincerely apologized to the man. A lot of people would just pay and storm off, so good on you for that.

And the part where she sees the other woman taping her, telling her to go home to her husband 'who's probably cheating on you' & accusing her little girl of theft. Just wow.
It's like her blood supply left her brain & flooded to her mouth because she was getting more & more irrational.

To the one guest at home, that ordered 3 pails of tidy cat cat litter, have fun lifting those boxes off you porch without the handle on the pail!:rolleyes:,

TTOG: There's better ways to ask for me to check if we have something in stock. Don't wag your finger and tell me to "get over here and check something" (in a very nasty attitude/tone, i should mention) for you. I'm lucky it was the LOD that I'm on good terms with, they understood why I didn't do shit and went on with my day.

TTOG: When calling the store HOURS before it is open, how do you manage to get through when there is no option for - 'connect me to a TM who can give me an update on the availability of Hatchimals'?!?!?!?!

Ttog- We dont carry Cozmo (stupid robot.) So no way its on our website or black Friday ad because we never carried it to begin with. So when I tried to explain this to you, just told me that you already ordered it on Amazon. So why are you bothering me?:eek:

Ttog- We dont carry Cozmo (stupid robot.) So no way its on our website or black Friday ad because we never carried it to begin with. So when I tried to explain this to you, just told me that you already ordered it on Amazon. So why are you bothering me?:eek:
It may have been in the photoshopped ad that one of the popular Black Friday websites posted. Evidently it also said that the sale started on either Tuesday or Wednesday rather than Thursday evening. There was a lot of drama at Guest Services in my store over it.

It may have been in the photoshopped ad that one of the popular Black Friday websites posted. Evidently it also said that the sale started on either Tuesday or Wednesday rather than Thursday evening. There was a lot of drama at Guest Services in my store over it.

People have too much free time, I tell you.

*Walks in for closing shift*
TL: Hi Doglover, I know you don't like fitting room, but... *shows me zone breakdown which of course reads Doglover-> fitting room*
Me: (thinking) well, its Tuesday night, maybe I won't have too many phone calls from crazies...and then my shift gets underway with these two lovely folks...

Guest on phone: Hi, my daughter's birthday is in three days. What she really wants is a Hatchimal. How do I go about getting one?
Me: (trying super hard not to laugh at this guy who seems genuinely unaware of the craze). *explains that we have people waiting for hours outside for us to open, limit of one per guest, etc.*
Guest: Ohh...I had no idea about these things...

Next guest on phone: Hi, can you tell me about how your store handles the Hatchimals?
Me: *explains again*
Guest: Well, I can't be there when the store opens, I'm gonna send my husband.

If both of these people thought they had a snowball's chance in hell of getting one. *sigh*

GSTL calls me to backup cashier (very rare for me, as I'm either on phones or in SFS. I don't mind cashiering.) BUT I'm not thinking its Monday night and the 15% off promotio nis still going on.
*To guest*: Hi, how are you?
Guest *big smile*: This is a great deal. Do you guys have 15% EVERY Sunday and Monday?
Me: .....

Sometimes I feel like I'm on that old show "Candid Camera."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back