To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
see like that i low key understand because not all of the guests know the numbers to our fruits, but this woman brought a whole basket of clothes and made one of our SCO people ring all of her stuff up.......
do not go to self check out and then ask a team member to ring your stuff up for you

View attachment 3305

I have one guy who always does this at SCO because he doesn't know how to ring up bananas. He also makes me bag it for him. At self checkout.
Oh hell no! It's called SELF check out for a reason. You want someone to bag/ring out your shit, go to a regular lane!

Exactly the GSAs and gstl job is to deal with that. Changing the price for those kind of guest only enables the behavior and they do it again to the next cashier
Overall it didn't total over $11, but in situations like that, I just want angry people out of my face and could care less about target. Also, I checked the fine print of the sign afterward in accessories & didn't actually say clearance was excluded, although I'm sure it was excluded from the sale. Also, our GSA would have probably given it to her anyway.

Last edited:
Overall it didn't total over $11, but in situations like that, I just want angry people out of my face and could care less about target. Also, I checked the fine print of the sign afterward in accessories & didn't actually say clearance was excluded, although I'm sure it was excluded from the sale. Also, our GSA would have probably given it to her anyway.

Okay, I retract my previous statement. If it was less than $11, then it probably wasn't a scam as the beginning total would have been under $40. She was just stupid.

Even though I'm a wimp that gets quiet and hides when people are upset with me, angry guests don't actually bother me surprisingly. My last major employment dealt with people spending thousands of dollars and high-pressure salespeople that convinced them they were their friend and everything they said was factual. Nothing like having the closing shift and being the only one in the office when the phone rings. #1, sorry your salesperson said you had 30 days to reconsider, but the contract you signed said seven and today is day 8. #2, yes that means you are on the hook for $10k at 17% interest for 7 years, as per your contract. #3, no, there is no such program where the salesperson was selling what people had surrendered back to the developer, so even though your sales buddy said it, it's not in your contract, and therefore you can't just surrender it without affecting your credit report. #4 yes, we do expect you to read your contract, either at signing or during your seven days. #5, yes I am aware that there are 50 pages, but the contract for purchase and sale is only 7 pages and yes the rescission period is laid out on page 4, section 3, halfway down the page, and it's even in bold print for your reading pleasure. #6, you are calling at 6:55pm, which means there's no manager still in the building. #7,yes, that is true, we staff are able to work without a manager breathing down our necks. #8, you are calling at 6:55pm, so no, there's no one else in the building other than me and maybe your sales buddy. Sucks to be you. Next time, read contract immediately, and call during our normal hours, which are not standard business hours, so don't call on a Wednesday or Thursday. Sunday is fine.

After nearly a decade of dealing with those customers, a guest being upset over $20 doesn't even rate an emotional flicker.

NO YOU CANNOT USE THE CAROLINE CART NO YOU CANNOT USE THE CAROLINE CART NO YOU CANNOT USE THE CAROLINE CART

IF YOU ARE NOT A PSYCHICALLY OR MENTALLY DISABLED HUMAN BEING

every friday middle schoolers swarm my store and rape the starbucks and food ave with long lines and being really noisy and loitering and kids will try to steal the cart to cart their bags around with a kid sitting in the seat.

new-age middle schoolers are savages.

TTOG: you can tell me "but the sign says X"
until you're blue in the face. Doesn't change the fact that it doesn't ring up at that price and I'm not going to change it just because you say so. $60 is a HUGE difference. Like I said umpteen times, you will have to go up front because I have no way to call someone over, nor do I have the authority to make a price adjustment of that size.

TTOG: Im sorry that the stack of plastic bins on sale for $8.99 got switched with the single $7.99 plastic bin that's located right next to it on the shelf.

And no I don't know if you can buy the already on sale bin for even cheaper because it was in the wrong place. I work in the backroom.

And yes I do know you were the one who switched the items around.

And the size difference between both types of bins is just 4 quarts.

Read the damn labels, quit fucking with shit and go haggle with guest services for your precious dollar.

Oh and do continue glaring at me while I correct the placement of the 2 types of bins. Don't forget to maintain eye contact and also try to square up like you're ready to fucking go

But do find someone other than the tallest and biggest backroom tm if you're gonna do that, you don't intimidate me you flabby 45 year old cretin.

Last edited:
TTOG: Im sorry that the stack of plastic bins on sale for $8.99 got switched with the single $7.99 plastic bin that's located right next to it on the shelf.

And no I don't know if you can buy the already on sale bin for even cheaper because it was in the wrong place. I work in the backroom.

And yes I do know you were the one who switched the items around.

And the size difference between both types of bins is just 4 quarts.

Read the damn labels, quit fucking with shit and go haggle with guest services for your precious dollar.

Oh and do continue glaring at me while I correct the placement of the 2 types of bins. Don't forget to maintain eye contact and also try to square up like you're ready to fucking go

But do find someone other than the tallest and biggest backroom tm if you're gonna do that, you don't intimidate me you flabby 45 year old cretin.
As a GS rep. If it's like a dollar we'll usually just do it, if it's more than that we call hardliners/soft lines to check the tags.

As a GS rep. If it's like a dollar we'll usually just do it, if it's more than that we call hardliners/soft lines to check the tags.

I figured as much but I just have a distinct lack of patience for old flabby men who use acting like a hardass so they get their way. It's cringey and I'd rather they go bother someone else.

Literally any other kind of person is fine as far as I care.

If they're gonna be an a$$ over a dollar, make 'em work for it.

TTOG: I saw you hovering around as pizzas were coming out of the oven.
You though you were so clever grabbing the box from the back thinking it was the 'freshest'.
Not knowing that I put the 'fresh' ones in front when you were down at the drink case.
I'll see your pettiness & raise you one petty victory.

Anyone else been having issues with prepaid visa gift cards?

In the one year I've worked here, I've never had as many problems with them lately as I did last week... it's almost supernatural. And both times it was because someone wanted me to void their payment to check the total or to check a sale price. In the back of my head I knew this was gonna fuck everything up because that money needs to get back onto the card now and that will take a week or more, but I did it anyways, thinking with only the front of my head, and not the back together as one.

Lately also, a lot of the readers in my store struggle with the gift cards, declining them, not letting them use it, and having to key in the amount paid on the card just to get it to HOPEFULLY work.

Today we had a weird SCO issue with Visa and MasterCard gift cards but it was cleared after we voided the transaction.

And both times it was because someone wanted me to void their payment to check the total or to check a sale price. In the back of my head I knew this was gonna fuck everything up because that money needs to get back onto the card now and that will take a week or more, but I did it anyways, thinking with only the front of my head, and not the back together as one.

Yeah that. It takes 72 business hours for the hold on the card to be released by the issuing bank. The merchant services being used for the credit card transactions (includes debit cards ran as credit cards) puts an immediate hold on funds but it takes 72 business hours (give or take a couple of hours) for the actual charge to hit the bank. That's why your tip never shows up right away when you pay at a restaurant, it shows up 3 days later when the actual end total hits the bank. People don't understand the difference between a hold and a charge and that the place of business is not the one who tells the person's bank how much to hold and how much to release, it's the merchant services which is sandwiched between the business and the person's bank, so we can't do a thing to release the funds faster. Technically you can, if it's a business day for the bank *and* if the customer service line will actually get you to the right person at the bank *and* if you have access to the business' letterhead *and* if you can type a letter describing the amount that was held and that you reversed the charge *and* you can get it faxed in well before bank closing. In other words, a cashier can't do it.

There are ways around it.....but a cashier can't do that either. You have to do a void and then follow up with a post-authorization on the original charge, and that requires special software from the merchant services that will differentiate between a charge, a pre-authorization and a post-authorization while running charges. And it's a pita (pain in the ass).

Best thing for a cashier to do is to be aware of the 72 business hour hold and to explain that once the card is ran the funds will not be released immediately if voided so reversing the charge and running it again same day is not possible. Because this also happens with debit cards ran as credit, if the person doesn't have sufficient funds to cover basically a double charge for three days the same issue happens. And if there's a check out on the remaining funds that comes in during those three days it will bounce as the bank believes the reversed held funds is valid until the reversal catches up.

Bottom line....once the charge goes through, do not void it unless the person has completely changed their mind about purchasing something.

Tttog- Thank you so much for making me change the time on a watch you wanted to by only to return it 5 minutes later. Nope I didn't have anything else too...

ttog- i really disliked you when you snapped at me on the phone when i told you we can't give you two free boxes of cat litter because you lost yours in the parking lot. When i came back from lunch my coworker at the desk told me that you came in (after you found your litter) and apologized for being rude to me on the phone. a little bit of faith in humanity has been restored.

:rolleyes:Ttog- if your going to take the cell phone of the guest who was ahead of you don't be stupid and charge your purchase! Lol

TTOG: Thanks for being patient with me when I accidentally trapped myself in my walker while trying grab a roll of pennies off the floor :p:p:D

TTOG: Why did you feel the need to make a big scene today. You never said anything about an extra charge, just went ahead and paid.

Then after the receipt printed, we both noticed that I had made an error. I apologized and sent you to the desk. Instead of being a decent person, you insisted that I void everything out. I said that I couldn't void a transaction that was completed.

You then gave me and overexaggerated sigh and asked me why I couldn't void the transaction. Finally the guest behind you spoke up and told you the SD could help you, because I no longer could. You then grumbled as you asked where the SD was when it was literally inches from your face. :rolleyes: Sorry not sorry.

TTOG: Thank you for helping me out. We both could see that she was getting aggressive when there was no need to be.

TToG

No, I can't let you walk around the store with an unprotected 100 dollar bluetooth speaker. Flashing your police badge to try to show me you're "trustworthy" because you're a ~deputy sheriff~ also isn't going to get me to give you this speaker. If anything, it just made me trust you even less. It'll be at guest services if you want it when you're done shopping.

TTOG: don't accuse my coworker of "taking" your Discover card when you "gave it to her to pay for your prescription." 1) We don't "take" people's cards to process the payments, YOU swipe them or insert them in the readers, 2) I was the one who rang you out, 3) you had NO COPAY, & 4) said coworker wasn't even working today!!! I don't know where you lost your damn card, but it wasn't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back