To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG. You are nothing more than a man child. There is no need to be a prick to the electronics guy. God I fucking hate funk pop collectors.

o0XNNwM.gif

TTOG, I was having an awful day due to personal reasons, so I made it a priority to fake act happy and cheerful for you. I’m sorry that your hearing aids don’t work well or if I didn’t speak loudly enough, but that’s no reason for you to speak to me the way you did after being unhappy about a price (like I control it...).
In a hurry to get you out and keep my composure, I handed you your change (a $1 bill) together on top of your receipt. I’ve never really thought about it and figured that was most efficient, but can see how it would be better to hand over the bill and reciept separately.
BUT, I did not deserve to be berated and yelled at for this in front of the entire front end of my store. Ask for a manager next time, don’t hold up my line and try to embarrass me over something stupid like how I hand you your $1 bill...

TTOG: You must think I'm an idiot.

You called less than 20 minutes before closing and asked where we were located. I told you. Then the "um"s started. Yeah, I know that game, people who use "um" multiple times in a sentence, every sentence, are doing everything they can to draw out a conversation as long as possible. Not often but sometimes they are simply bored and want to draw out human contact as absolutely long as possible, usually they aren't actually wanting help and just want to waste someone's time as a joke. Either way my low patience for those kind of stunts is nonexistent 20 minutes before closing. Between the ums you admit we aren't the Target you want but you want to talk to the other Target in my city about extending the hold time of an item they are holding for you and want to know how late you can come in. Oh, but you need me to give you their phone number since you can't find it on the internet, and they are the other Target in my city, and you say I'm wrong when I say there's no other Target in my city.

Too bad you didn't get the hint that I caught onto the game when I put you on hold. Most people realize they've been caught and hang up when put on hold. You must be really bored since you stayed on long enough to cycle back to me. Even when I said I couldn't help you, you still tried to draw me back into the game about needing the phone number. Too bad I'm better about saying I'm of zero help than you are about getting me to talk more.

*in between market and cosmo on my lunch, food and Starbucks and phone in hand, making my way over to SCO*

Guest: are you helping someone right now?
Me: no, I’m not helping anyone because I’m on break.
Guest: oh perfect so you can help me
Me: no, I’m on break
Guest: can you help me find a lip stick similar to this color?
Me: no I’m on break sorry
Guest: oh do you not work in cosmetics?
Me: no I don’t and also I’m on break

*in between market and cosmo on my lunch, food and Starbucks and phone in hand, making my way over to SCO*

Guest: are you helping someone right now?
Me: no, I’m not helping anyone because I’m on break.
Guest: oh perfect so you can help me
Me: no, I’m on break
Guest: can you help me find a lip stick similar to this color?
Me: no I’m on break sorry
Guest: oh do you not work in cosmetics?
Me: no I don’t and also I’m on break
I am on my federally mandated break. If I help you, I’m violating federal law.

State, not federal. I had reason to look it up once. By federal law your employer can work you 24/7 without so much as a bathroom break as long as they pay you per wage law. Sucks when you live in a state (like my last state) that doesn't offer anything beyond federal law and your employer (like my last one) doesn't feel generous.

State, not federal. I had reason to look it up once. By federal law your employer can work you 24/7 without so much as a bathroom break as long as they pay you per wage law. Sucks when you live in a state (like my last state) that doesn't offer anything beyond federal law and your employer (like my last one) doesn't feel generous.
Oh I know but the guests won’t

You can also say “I’m on my break and could get fired for working off the clock. Sorry!” Then make a mad dash to the break room.

To that one guest: It felt good to stand up to you and tell you strongly that I will not price-match the baby formula since you won't show me a specific competitor on your phone and only a Google search. I remember you and I did it for you once as a one-time courtesy (which was probably a mistake on my part) and I told you that in the future , you will have to price-match at Guest Services. Unfortunately, you didn't listen to my instructions so I denied you and if you don't come back, good riddance. These were basic instructions that you couldn't follow. I hope your children grow up to learn better than to behave the way you did.

I hope your children grow up to learn better than to behave the way you did.

They don't. I see it every day. Young teens and pre-teens don't bother to pick up clothes they knock off with me standing right there watching. At least adults have the decency to pick it up if they see me looking right at them, but kids don't. Kids being sent into the fitting rooms alone with the parents at the desk usually try to weave around me as I step in front to get a count of the scrunched up bundle in their hands. One girl, maybe 10, the phone rang right as her mother sent her in. I stepped in front as I was quick as possible giving the greeting answer so I could put them on hold, and she weaved around. I stepped a bit back and in front again before she got by, and she changed directions to go around the other side of me. Brat didn't stop for a count until her mother told her to stop. Lots of little kids think that great fun is tearing off the perforated area on the tags, removing the price. Kids just do whatever the hell ever, no manners at all.

They don't. I see it every day. Young teens and pre-teens don't bother to pick up clothes they knock off with me standing right there watching. At least adults have the decency to pick it up if they see me looking right at them, but kids don't. Kids being sent into the fitting rooms alone with the parents at the desk usually try to weave around me as I step in front to get a count of the scrunched up bundle in their hands. One girl, maybe 10, the phone rang right as her mother sent her in. I stepped in front as I was quick as possible giving the greeting answer so I could put them on hold, and she weaved around. I stepped a bit back and in front again before she got by, and she changed directions to go around the other side of me. Brat didn't stop for a count until her mother told her to stop. Lots of little kids think that great fun is tearing off the perforated area on the tags, removing the price. Kids just do whatever the hell ever, no manners at all.

Can you imagine when those kids start "raising" their own kids??????

I hope I'm dead by then.

It seems to be a maturity thing. Just from what I see, kids are bad, bad, bad, the late teens are stupid, and once you get to the old enough to drink age they pick up items if they see me watching like everyone else. Late 40s/early 50s, it seems to go downhill again.

Do they load the giftcard to their app or what order do you scan now?

To that one guest: I can't override any items that are not WIC-able and I don't really care that ShopRite allows you to buy any cheese using your WIC checks. Your arguing with the ETL and GSTL, the time we had to wait for your child to return with the WIC-allowed cheese, and your other WIC checks delayed my break by 15 minutes. Make sure that there is a WIC sign near any item you are buying with WIC checks in the future please.

It's such a shame that in your 50+ years of life, you never learned how to math and that you missed out on the grocery gift card by more than $20. It's also a shame you never learned to read, since all of the signs back there clearly said that candy is excluded from both the grocery AND the Easter coupons. I'll get right on getting the registers reprogrammed to show you a running total applied to each category coupon so you know how close you are before you pay.

To that one guest: Literally never come back to Target ever again. Your use of profanity in a loud voice towards a fellow team member/another guest for taking a throw that you were not sure about buying was uncalled for. You made three team members, including the GSTL go back to the sales floor to look for the same exact throw that you were looking for. I could deal with your price challenges, and the GSTL basically shut down those challenges appropriately. Your behavior was uncalled for and a disturbance to all the other guests in the store. I really should have called for the STL or AP and they should have thrown you out of the store and banned you.

I have this one lady always come up to Guest Service at the least once a month with a cart full of basically half of Ready To Wear, and I hate it cause she ALWAYS happens to come when its just me there at service desk. I ask her if she has a return or needs help, and she tells me she is still deciding on what she will get. Then she grabs 4 items of clothing and says shes returning those, then grabs like 7 or 8 items of clothing and says if we can have someone find them in another size. So I call a softlines TM to help me out and she comes over and the guest is being annoying to her as well, saying things like "wait find this one in a medium" "This one in a large" "No this one in an XL" and me and the Softlines TM just look at each other wishing we could just be off and go home. So while our Softlines TM is searching high and low for the sizes that come up as "on hand" I start her return, but while I am starting it she goes on the phone and then I ask her if she wants it all back on her Redcard and she just puts her figure up and shushes me and tells me to wait till she is done being on the phone. Then guests start lining up and she tells me if I want to help them in another register and I say "If that is okay with you?" and she replies to me "I guess". So this lady expects us to do everything for her and more, she pisses me off seeing her and stresses me out, luckily my friend was training to be a GSA, me already being a GSA called her over and asked if she can deal with her for "practice" on dealing with strange/hard to deal with guests, as I breezed through the line of other guests. I have no idea why, but this lady's arrival always just stresses me out and makes me so mad that I just want to leave. She ended up buying only 3 or 4 clothing items and the rest she did not want just piled up in the poor Softlines gobacks, so annoying.

I have this one lady always come up to Guest Service at the least once a month with a cart full of basically half of Ready To Wear, and I hate it cause she ALWAYS happens to come when its just me there at service desk. I ask her if she has a return or needs help, and she tells me she is still deciding on what she will get. Then she grabs 4 items of clothing and says shes returning those, then grabs like 7 or 8 items of clothing and says if we can have someone find them in another size. So I call a softlines TM to help me out and she comes over and the guest is being annoying to her as well, saying things like "wait find this one in a medium" "This one in a large" "No this one in an XL" and me and the Softlines TM just look at each other wishing we could just be off and go home. So while our Softlines TM is searching high and low for the sizes that come up as "on hand" I start her return, but while I am starting it she goes on the phone and then I ask her if she wants it all back on her Redcard and she just puts her figure up and shushes me and tells me to wait till she is done being on the phone. Then guests start lining up and she tells me if I want to help them in another register and I say "If that is okay with you?" and she replies to me "I guess". So this lady expects us to do everything for her and more, she pisses me off seeing her and stresses me out, luckily my friend was training to be a GSA, me already being a GSA called her over and asked if she can deal with her for "practice" on dealing with strange/hard to deal with guests, as I breezed through the line of other guests. I have no idea why, but this lady's arrival always just stresses me out and makes me so mad that I just want to leave. She ended up buying only 3 or 4 clothing items and the rest she did not want just piled up in the poor Softlines gobacks, so annoying.

Let me make sure I understand this right. She does the same thing every single time. She brings up a full cart, has four items to return and then stands there and wastes everyone's time with a scavenger hunt. Every time.

Why don't you just shut this down right off the bat? If she's not prepared to check out, then tell her you will be happy to help here once she has decided on her purchase. If she wants different sizes, send her to the fitting room where the poor suffering softlines person will at the very least have less of a walk and at the very most be in her own territory and can play a similar time wasting game back - "Well, it'd probably be best if you accompany me to make sure you get the cut you want. Also, while I'm grabbing this one, you can go look for the other one over _____ and I'll meet you there." Long delay before arriving. "Oh sorry I was stopped by another guest on the way here." "Sorry, my memory isn't that great, I couldn't remember which green shirt, can you come with me to verify?" If she says she's ready, but then changes her mind halfway through, suspend the transaction and say you'll restart it when ready. Ignore her until she is done deciding.

She's not just super indecisive. This is a game. She probably chooses you because she enjoys your reaction. She's a bully on the same level as the school brats who push a kid to the breaking point and then cheer after, she's simply learned how to be subtle and do it with a smile. So stop her game cold. Waste her time until she realizes that she's lost the power differential and you won't play the game anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back