To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: Just because I said guests drive me up a wall some days doesn't mean I completely hate being a cashier tbh. I'm really not that interested in cross-training thanks.

To Tonight's Closing Operator:
What you did was not cool.... Not returning for the fitting room for closing announcements, ignoring me mentioning we had found tons of merchandise and empty tags(!) in the fitting rooms and continuing on with your zone after close because you couldn't have finished it before. We all were working those random go-backs out whilst you kept to yourself. And didn't do any closing announcements, fitting room checks, or any closing tasks

This whole "Team mentors have authority over regular TMs" is already a disaster and I'm quite done with it. This TM got praised at the end of the night for "guiding the team to success" :( She's the reason we stayed til 12:00 AM, but the closing LOD tonight favours her and didn't even bother checking on the rest of Softlines after I announced we still had tons of go backs from inside the FRs that hadn't been checked for hours.

To Tonight's Closing Operator:
What you did was not cool.... Not returning for the fitting room for closing announcements, ignoring me mentioning we had found tons of merchandise and empty tags(!) in the fitting rooms and continuing on with your zone after close because you couldn't have finished it before. We all were working those random go-backs out whilst you kept to yourself. And didn't do any closing announcements, fitting room checks, or any closing tasks

This whole "Team mentors have authority over regular TMs" is already a disaster and I'm quite done with it. This TM got praised at the end of the night for "guiding the team to success" :( She's the reason we stayed til 12:00 AM, but the closing LOD tonight favours her and didn't even bother checking on the rest of Softlines after I announced we still had tons of go backs from inside the FRs that hadn't been checked for hours.
It's shit like that you should keep notes of and bring it up to her TL, if she's causing the team to stay after close because she's too self-centered then something needs to be fixed with her style of working.

Predictably we had two call outs for backroom because of snow. it was like 2 inches and not even coming down that hard. I drive like 15 miles to get work...they drive less than 5 but couldn't make it in. *Hate* that.

To be fair if someone doesn't want to try to drive in the snow they reserve that right. If they got in an accident Target wouldnt pay for their damages.

I have AWD on my car so snow doesn't stop me from coming to work but I am not quick to judge those who don't.

Snow doesn't just affect the driver but those around you too. I have had to drive very defensively in the snow before.

Predictably we had two call outs for backroom because of snow. it was like 2 inches and not even coming down that hard. I drive like 15 miles to get work...they drive less than 5 but couldn't make it in. *Hate* that.

People do the same at my store. I ride a bicycle a few miles to work 4 days a week, no matter the weather. I don't judge though...I've called in for dumb reasons once or twice.

Ttotm-

I had no intention of applying for the VM position but after multiple people encourage me I thought about it. Then you told me that you were and I was like nevermind because you already do the job. You encouraged me because you wanted some competition. I regret my decision today when you pretty much assumed you got the job.

To be fair if someone doesn't want to try to drive in the snow they reserve that right. If they got in an accident Target wouldnt pay for their damages.

I have AWD on my car so snow doesn't stop me from coming to work but I am not quick to judge those who don't.

Snow doesn't just affect the driver but those around you too. I have had to drive very defensively in the snow before.
I live where it snows....a lot. And these two people call in all the time to begin with. Snow just gives them the newest excuse.

Where my store is with that much snow its a matter of what hill you live on. Or what hill you can't climb up or fear sliding down since there is no road prep or clearance. And a lot of others take the bus and they don't do well in snow around here anyway.

Where my store is with that much snow its a matter of what hill you live on. Or what hill you can't climb up or fear sliding down since there is no road prep or clearance. And a lot of others take the bus and they don't do well in snow around here anyway.
I should have prefaced my post with the fact that everyone here knows how to drive in snow...unless they are new to the area or new to driving. That was my mistake.

Ttotm-

I had no intention of applying for the VM position but after multiple people encourage me I thought about it. Then you told me that you were and I was like nevermind because you already do the job. You encouraged me because you wanted some competition. I regret my decision today when you pretty much assumed you got the job.

This was me with the signing position at my store up against a pog veteran. I feel the pain.

To flow team: Take the stupid defectives tub with you instead of leaving it where you start all day long. Take it with you. Do not leave broken things on my desk when I'm not looking. Especially leaking ESIM.

To that one TM: Thank you for taking the time to bag the broken things and hell, even combing the shelves for outdates and damaged packing. It creates more work for me but you're doing a good job.

TTO Flow TM: Screw you. You nearly ran my ass over with a cage full of cardboard. I tried to maneuver around you, your cage, and the baler while holding a handful of flattened boxes. "No, you can do that, you're a big boy" you said to me in your most condescending tone while the aforementioned cardboard worked like a sail over your precious cage. Talk to me like that again and I'll shove that entire cage of cardboard so far up your ass I'll pull it out of your mouth and floss you with it.

TTO other Flow TM: I'm sorry I frightened you when I nearly tossed the empty tub through the wall.

To the rest of the Flow team: Why is it you can dump an extra 30 minutes worth of push on me "because I'm working on the aisle" but your f**kwad cardboard monkey loses his goddamn mind over three f**king flattened boxes? Screw you all. So f**king done with 4AM Flow.

To the rest of the Flow team: Why is it you can dump an extra 30 minutes worth of push on me "because I'm working on the aisle" but your f**kwad cardboard monkey loses his goddamn mind over three f**king flattened boxes? Screw you all. So f**king done with 4AM Flow.

I've noticed TMs at my store who get assigned trash duty tend to get increasingly weird about cardboard. My favorite was the one who mostly refused to touch trash from FDC push despite (at the time) GM and FDC being more or less the same team.

Ttotm-

But that's their side... and tls love to let people think they are getting something because they aren't mature enough to be honest that they don't have a chance. Do your best until they say it's not yours.
TTO Flow TM: Screw you. You nearly ran my ass over with a cage full of cardboard. I tried to maneuver around you, your cage, and the baler while holding a handful of flattened boxes. "No, you can do that, you're a big boy" you said to me in your most condescending tone while the aforementioned cardboard worked like a sail over your precious cage. Talk to me like that again and I'll shove that entire cage of cardboard so far up your ass I'll pull it out of your mouth and floss you with it.

TTO other Flow TM: I'm sorry I frightened you when I nearly tossed the empty tub through the wall.

Every day our monkey gets rude and starts saying everyone should have a baler key to do their own... and I remind him he'd only get like 8hrsa week then because this is most of his job...sigh.

Ttotl: I'm not spending a week in the fixture room with you. I'll be adding the etl-hr to not make that happen. I'll be requesting pog tm who actually know what the fuck we use so they won't throw out shit we need. You idiot.

Ttostl: fixture room looks more amazing than it has in years. Your welcome... I'm sure you meant to say thanks and not just stick your head in...

It's usually in my experience where a bunch of people from sister stores gather up and catch up a store that is way behind. POG, pricing and any other TM or TL who can do a few different jobs goes and helps them catch up.

I did one where I did nothing but follow a couple of backroom guys who LQD'd their backroom and marked all the clearance and salvage the found as they did the backstock. For three days straight for 8hrs.

@RedMallet this.

What I was doing what setting up a new store.

The storm ended up being just rain for us.. we got about an inch of snow overnight and then nothing but rain all morning and day. 80% of the store called out anyway.

Last edited:
TTOTL
Don't tell me that I refused to let someone in when you know damn well that I have never left a vendor outside!

To whomever on keeps overstocking HBA instead of back stocking; Its annoying zoning and finding product in the wrong location and not taking one wrong item. Just take it back and back stock it or ask someone who can.

Whomever thought it was a good idea to tell the laziness HL TM to be "more like nokiddie" that was not a good idea...I get mean mugged every time now.

TTOTM: Stop acting like you don't understand English when you are asked to help a guest. I work with you all the time, yes you DO understand. I was more than willing to help a guest looking for a specific skin care product when she was having a hard time communicating with you, but you can answer a simple question about where our girls' dance/gymnastics clothes are WITHOUT calling me.

TTO backroom team: Cause some of you are rude/lazy when I ask for help pulling items for guests, I've learned to do it myself (after watching another tm do it once). However, when I'm operator, YOU need to pull said items, because I'm on the phones. Also, furniture/barbecue grills/items on high shelves...yeah, no. It's your job, and for the last time, no, I am not trained to drive the Wave, nor do I want to be (not a fan of heights).

TTOTM: Stop acting like you don't understand English when you are asked to help a guest. I work with you all the time, yes you DO understand. I was more than willing to help a guest looking for a specific skin care product when she was having a hard time communicating with you, but you can answer a simple question about where our girls' dance/gymnastics clothes are WITHOUT calling me.
Ugh, we had someone like this a while back. She spoke perfect English during her interview but pretended to barely speak English unless it was to someone she really likes. She drove our Gstl nuts when she kept asking questions about the most basic crap on the front lanes, like how to turn the conveyer belt on and off. Thankfully she quit on her own accord.

Last edited:
Ugh, we had someone like this a while back. She spoke perfect English during her interview but pretended to barely speak English unless it was to someone she really likes. She drove out Gstl nuts when she kept asking how the most basic crap on the front lanes, like how to turn the converyer belt on and off. Thankfully she quit in her own accord.

Yep two of our plano TM's are like that.. I call them out on it all the time.. In Spanish.. They still get the shocked face cause I am really irish looking girl.. I grew up in the South West, I speak enough Spanish to get by and really annoy you with it.. Thanks for the practice! :D

Yep two of our plano TM's are like that.. I call them out on it all the time.. In Spanish.. :D

This tm speaks Chinese as her first language (was cursing me out one day in it too), but is highly educated and has been in the U.S. for quite some time. No excuse for pretending you dk English. That goes for guests too. I asked one to sign up for a red card and she was all like "no habla Ingles!" Next thing I know, she's questioning the price on bunch of items in perfect English. *smh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back