To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ttoetl who keeps taking down my sarcastic vibe cards: lighten up. Flow show be thanked for overstocking items three times their capacity.

Even though I hate how our flow team does that. Your ETL is right passive aggressively posting those doesn't fix the problem and probably lands them in hot water for a visit. Our HRBP constantly checks our vibe wall.

If you have a problem with flow go to their TL. I got tired of people complaining about flow and went directly to our ETL logistics. She respected me for it.

Even though I hate how our flow team does that. Your ETL is right passive aggressively posting those doesn't fix the problem and probably lands them in hot water for a visit. Our HRBP constantly checks our vibe wall.

If you have a problem with flow go to their TL. I got tired of people complaining about flow and went directly to our ETL logistics. She respected me for it.

Valid, but that's far too much work for me to do to encourage other people do do their job properly. Leaders are aware of the ongoing problem, so passive aggressiveness is the only viable outlet.

Valid, but that's far too much work for me to do to encourage other people do do their job properly. Leaders are aware of the ongoing problem, so passive aggressiveness is the only viable outlet.

I'll give you that it makes you feel better. Just sucks there isn't a better way to address the flow problem

Less sarcasm, it's got to sound legit.

Current: thanks flow Sue for fitting out that last three bottles even if it wasn't in the right spot or correct price point.

New: thanks flow Sue for really taking lead on making sure we push to capacity and making the shelves look full and impactful. The team is sure to notice your effort.

Only you should know its sarcastic... and the store team. Dtl/gtl shouldn't be able to tell because he won't know Sue is a piece of crap who would rather stick those last three on an endcap in another section than bring them for backstock. Bonus if there's usually do few cards they can't afford to take them down without rushing to write their own...

Less sarcasm, it's got to sound legit.

Current: thanks flow Sue for fitting out that last three bottles even if it wasn't in the right spot or correct price point.

New: thanks flow Sue for really taking lead on making sure we push to capacity and making the shelves look full and impactful. The team is sure to notice your effort.

Only you should know its sarcastic... and the store team. Dtl/gtl shouldn't be able to tell because he won't know Sue is a piece of crap who would rather stick those last three on an endcap in another section than bring them for backstock. Bonus if there's usually do few cards they can't afford to take them down without rushing to write their own...
We've been encouraged to write vibe cards to ourselves in the past... My go-to would be "Thanks, DeliNinja, for QMOSing out all the expired production lettuce! It was a big job, but you got it done! -DeliNinja"
Edit: Which reminds me... I should probably check to see if we have any expired boxes of lettuce that the production crew has been ignoring.

Are you notified when someone writes a card "to" you? I never read them. No one at my store has ever mentioned them to me in the 4 months I've been there (either to fill them out or what they even are). Or is it mostly for day side people?

Are you notified when someone writes a card "to" you? I never read them. No one at my store has ever mentioned them to me in the 4 months I've been there (either to fill them out or what they even are). Or is it mostly for day side people?
Really, it's supposed to be for everybody. In my experience, only people who have the opportunity to sit at a desk on the clock (ETLs TLs, HR, and the operator/FRA) write them with any regularity. Now with the operator/FRA being expected to abandon the fitting room to zone and do returns (recent thing at my store), I suspect that they can be removed from that list.

Nobody ever told me I could write them. But after watching tl to tl ass kissing for stupid stuff written on them I decided I'd write them to actual tm and dare them to say anything. Been writing the most every month since. I hand them to the person 75%of the time. My pog/pricing team know to check the board of they haven't gotten one recently.

We get cards in sbux that are different, and we put those on the board--all of the baristas. Sometimes, there are more of those than the Target ones.
Last visit from group leadership the only cards on the board were mine... over a week into the month. Etl-ge started to day something to me about it...I told her if it was more than "thank you" she could just stop. And btw.... you're welcome.

TToTM: Good luck in greener pastures, friend. So long and thanks for all the mentoring my TL didn't do.

TTEntireStore: How do you guys function with only 5 people on the sales floor on a Saturday? That checkout line was 10 people deep and you only had 1 person up there. There wasn't even anyone at the fitting rooms. I hope I just caught you at a bad time...? By the by, you're supposed to spider-wrap those small TVs.

TTOSTL: Heh, you're stuck with me Tuesday night. I'm gonna laugh when you try to call me up to the lanes but then realize I'm under electronics on the grid.
TTOMobileTM: Why the fuck do you never show up for your shifts? I get you're looking for another job, but you still work here. Because of you I had to explain to people that I can sell them phones/help with their problems. Either put in your notice, or start coming into your shifts.

your shifts? I get you're looking for another job, but you still work here. Because of you I had to explain to people that I can sell them phones/help with their problems. Either put in your notice, or start coming into your shifts.

You can sell non prepaid phones?

Every payday I attach them to paychecks/stubs for those who get them. Otherwise it's hard to deliver them to be honest.

Last edited:
Everyone payday I attach them to paychecks/stubs for those who get them. Otherwise it's hard to deliver them to be honest.
At least people know they got them that way. Wouldn't work for me though...I am direct deposit and paperless paychecks so I never get one physically. lol

I doubt flow gets any of the cards anyway. I know no one on flow would even fill one out. :p

At least people know they got them that way. Wouldn't work for me though...I am direct deposit and paperless paychecks so I never get one physically. lol

I doubt flow gets any of the cards anyway. I know no one on flow would even fill one out. :p

meh, my flow team writes a good 1/3rd of the cards up on the wall....it does help that we get more than half of the stores hours some months.

I hate the upper management/HR sometimes
After Christmas was over the store was going to have a flow/backroom pizza party because we had doubles almost every day during the holidays and we had finished pushing both trucks before the store opened every day . So they get the pizza/sodas out at 9am but the problem was that we were still on are holiday schedule so we start at 2am so when we started work the next morning all we saw was empty pizza boxes everywere and a sign that said something about how good flow did. So everyone got pizza expect us

I hate the upper management/HR sometimes
After Christmas was over the store was going to have a flow/backroom pizza party because we had doubles almost every day during the holidays and we had finished pushing both trucks before the store opened every day . So they get the pizza/sodas out at 9am but the problem was that we were still on are holiday schedule so we start at 2am so when we started work the next morning all we saw was empty pizza boxes everywere and a sign that said something about how good flow did. So everyone got pizza expect us

I know how you feel, most of the time when they order dayside food, they order the delivery for 11:30am long after any of the openers have had our lunch. But the ETL's always get theirs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back