To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TowelSizes.jpg

to that seasonal...you wanted to be eligible for rehire....yup not showing up for your last shifts is so not going to get it to happen.

to that one tm who came in sick, thanks for sticking it out for as long as you could because after you left it was just me and our TL in softlines

to the tl from hardlines who came over and did shoes and infant hardlines...please come back to the softline side!!

To that one GSTL. Calling me up for backup and only me during the last 10 minutes we're open when I'm trying to finish cleaning up softlines/fitting room (I was the only one closing SL) doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially when you all know damn well that I don't drive and usually take the bus. It's a good thing my mom actually picked me up that night because there's no effing way I would've made the bus. To the cashier, why would you send people to me when I said I couldn't stay past ten? You also know that I don't drive. It makes absolutely no sense that I got out after you when you're the cashier and I am not.

My store is one of those stores that doesn't keep people past when they're scheduled to zone or whatever. Cashiers sometimes stay for those idiot guests who wait for the final announcement to get in line. On this particular night, I had a cart with me on the way to the fitting room to sort the few things I picked up and grab junk left in fitting rooms from the last hour with no attendant. I stopped to take a guest when I was called for backup... then a whole family got in line and they each had a million things that they were buying separately and 0 of them spoke English so it was just dificult. Then I still had to run that cart to the fitting room. I didn't sort it or anything. Just threw it in the FR cart. I was so pissed. I specifically set my availability to work with the bus schedule and literally everyone in the store knows I take the bus.

To that one lead: Seriously, you are such a clueless, condescending, controlling bitch. You 'helped' by zoning two aisles in seasonal and thought that meant I should have been able to finish the entire area, as well as reshops, when you had me going up to cashier every single time they called for backup, which seems to have been every fifteen minutes, and I had a short shift today! One of the GSAs was on break at the same time as me, too, and she said you kept calling for me, even when you were told that I was on break!

to that seasonal...you wanted to be eligible for rehire....yup not showing up for your last shifts is so not going to get it to happen.

to that one tm who came in sick, thanks for sticking it out for as long as you could because after you left it was just me and our TL in softlines

to the tl from hardlines who came over and did shoes and infant hardlines...please come back to the softline side!!
Just ask for help from hl, early in the evening. If we can, we will come & help you out. Communication is the key.

To that one seasonal cashier who didn't know about the CC thing before,

I heard you quit despite being kept on. Remind me to ask GSTL if I can pick up your hours next week and possibly every week.

Just ask for help from hl, early in the evening. If we can, we will come & help you out. Communication is the key.
hardlines was hard up too....but that's why we got the hardlines TL...communication, communication (and a little begging)

GSTLs probably make the most laps around the store in a shift second to a CA :cool:

I have never seen a GSTL leave the front end in the more than 10 years I have been at Target. Our GSTL does the bathroom cleaning and call buttons, though, not the CA.

WTF!!??? I would quit in a heartbeat if Target tried to make me clean our women's restroom. The women guest come in our store and poop all over the toilet seats and walls of the women's restroom!:girl_eww::girl_eww::scare:

Dear ALL Sales Floor Team Members,

Guest Services is NOT your personal trash can or laundry basket. Therefore TRY to remember to say what you are dropping off that cart or basket for. And "NO" I will NOT defect that item for you just because you are to lazy to fold it back up! And please read your team member handbook, because "NO" I will NOT hold merchandise for you so you can buy it on your break. Nor will I type in your employee number so you can receive your discount. That's what our employee discount cards are for.

Thanks,

We hold merchandise for TMs just like we do for guests: for one day. Like the guests, half the crap I put away a couple of days later because they never buy it. We will also punch in discount numbers if we know you/you work in our store. No biggie.

That said, yes, I hate the fact people think guest services is their dumping ground: garbage, boxes, equipment, and stuff that goes in the fixture room all ends up there. They usually try to dump it and run because they know that the larger boxes and garbage as well as the fixture stuff I will give back to them to put in its proper place.

GS at my store gets pissy with all of the hardlines closers for numerous reasons, but I wish they'd just stop assuming some of us aren't going to do what we're supposed to.

The trash is a big problem. I keep it in a handbasket that I put in the top of my cart. It basically becomes the defect/garbage basket, which I bring to guest services and then have to pretty much talk quickly before they start complaining.

I just use the trash cans that are near the price checkers... or the one in the fitting room. Sometimes if it's late, I just leave the trash on the floor for the cleaning crew in the morning. I'm horrible. I know.

Anyway, to that one TL, thanks for calling out. You were the only closer scheduled.

To the other sl tl (wait, you're an etl now, I think?) eh, don't be mad when you come in in the morning. No one closed.

To that hl tm, thanks so much for offering to put me into contact with that recruiter you know! Even if it doesn't work out, I appreciate it like cray.

To the person who makes the schedules for tsc, service desk and gsa/tl, you suck. Since the fitting room wasn't busy, I (FR only does phones when there's no tsc at my store) would've helped out on the floor before leaving, but I was shackled to the fitting room area because tsc had to cover breaks, and take her own breaks. I did what I could, though. I turned the phone's ringer up all the way and ran out and cleaned the clearance, accessories and did some tables, but I'm sure all that'll be ruined in the two hours from when I left to when the store closed.

I don't even know where to begin...

****snip****

UGH. Just UGH.

Anyway, on the flip side - hello more hours. HR told me today that she was happy I was moving into cashier - because she knows she can call me and I will work. Go me!

Last edited:
To my IS TL, I really appreciate you saying I should train you. I feel bad I'm going on LOA so I can't help you swing into the role more, but you'll do great as you do with BR. You're making good decisions already with crosstraining other TMs.

To my entire store, I'll miss being beside you all in red and khaki for the next few months, but I need some time to focus on school and making art. Stay strong guys, it'll get better soon.

To the team members who thinks all seasonal workers are "nobodies" and treat them as such:
Remember, what goes up must come down. We will eventually be "guests" and will have to be treated accordingly. If you want your seasonals to work hard, then treat them as part of a "TEAM" instead of just people who fill a space. There are many of us seasonals who believe working wherever we are commands all of our attention and effort--even though we don't get paid much, we get paid to do a job, and many of us do it well.

To the team lead who would rather "order" people to do things, remember a "please" and "thank you" go much further than commands, unless you are in the military. We are all here to do a job, and whether you are a TM seasonal or a Senior Team Lead, manners DO matter.

To the team member who treats me like part of the team, hats off to you! You will go far (if not at Target, wherever you choose!)

To the Team Leads and other TMs who believe they are the only ones that matter, and that guests cant hear their rants and raves...think again. Guests DO hear and DO say something.

turns out my store was the former DTL's pet store...if she had a favorite she sent them to our store. So explains all of the hoity toity visits we've had since she quit/was shown the door.

sooooo....to the ETL's/STL (other than the most recent hires) and a tl and all the gstl/gsa's, I hope you all are quaking in your boots because I am tired of being part of the island of misfits because of you all and I think everybody has caught on to her modus operandi.

to the closing LOD....put your big girl panties and get used to being the only one closing/in charge. You are actually one of the fairest ETL's when you aren't beyond flustered. You also are one of the few who puts the backroom ETL in his place (one of the most obvious DTL pets)

To that one TL, I'm just sorta waiting for you to fire me. You have so many complaints. I guess I'm good at something if I'm still here, but Idk what it is and it's stressing me out

To the backroom TM who came in just to backstock the freezer: You did a hell of a job, it looks amazing in there.

To the other backroom TM and the TLOD: You guys rule. You helped me so much last night and let me be able to get more of what I needed to do done.

To my CTL: As always, you rock. Thanks for your help with everything lately.

To everyone else: We shouldn't be waiting til the last few hours before a visit to scramble & prepare. I know that's how it always is, but last night just really frustrated me.

To that hardlines team member, thanks for making me laugh today. Your cheesy joke made me chuckle during the rest of my shift.

HL-TM: Hey, how's it going?
Me: Eh not too great. I have to work on this massive stack of MRIs that some TM didn't want to do.
HL-TM: Don't you need to be certified to use that kind of technology?
TM: What? Oh, I meant MI... hahaha

To that one team member....YOU joined the army? They don't come any more immature than you, so I don't see this ending well. Especially when I asked you why and your response was, "to lose weight." Honey, the military is not a weight loss program. But if it gets you out of our store, that's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back