To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ttotm in backroom : you are the sweetest guy and a gentleman ( weird in a way , because simple courtesy is a lost art ) !
To my stl : you keep on stating that target made a lot of money this past quarter but yet lots of TM got their hours slashed by half ... and we are always busy AF ...

Just wondering does your specific ETL and your STL acknowledge you? Neither of mine do, they don't even make eye contact! Kind of depressing really. Heck, I'm wearing a cheat sheet (name tag)!

Good question actually and really makes me think...
I’ve had exactly 2 convos with my STL and both were him asking me what project I’m currently working on (one time I was zoning onespot, the otber time I was watching the front).
My ETL uses my name when he approaches me about covering shifts.
Honestly, the other ETLs in the store seem to notice my work and appreciate me more than my ETL and the STL. Didn’t notice that until you mentioned it, but I’m not too concerned about it I guess.

Just wondering does your specific ETL and your STL acknowledge you? Neither of mine do, they don't even make eye contact! Kind of depressing really. Heck, I'm wearing a cheat sheet (name tag)!
My STL says hello to every TM they see, asks how everything’s going, and asks what we’re working on and gives us compliments on our projects.

My specific ETL is very involved in my area and thus is telling me tasks to do very often, and always is super appreciative of my help. Other ETL’s always say hello been a while how’s its going etc

I guess I must be lucky.

TTOTLs (at least I think you are TLs): thank you for knowing my name and greeting me by name whenever you see me. I honestly don’t know half of your names yet or what you do, but in just the last week or so there have been 15+ of you around the store who made me feel so welcomed and appreciated.
(Tip for all TM/TLs: if you happen to learn the names of a few new TMs, it can make a huge impression on them)
Truth!!! There’s an ETL at my store that has been there 3+ years & doesn’t know my name. When we were Target, she tried to get my attention by calling me “pharmacy girl!”:rolleyes:

My STL says hello to every TM they see, asks how everything’s going, and asks what we’re working on and gives us compliments on our projects.

My specific ETL is very involved in my area and thus is telling me tasks to do very often, and always is super appreciative of my help. Other ETL’s always say hello been a while how’s its going etc

I guess I must be lucky.
Even though we aren’t Target anymore, the store STL acknowledges us and asks if there’s anything he can do for us.

TTOETL: you seriously went to my PM to complain that I “used a regular locker instead of the designated CVS ones?” I was the ONLY CVS colleague working and there were NO “CVS COLLEAGUE” lockers available. I’m glad my PM told you that we’d be happy to ONLY use the “CVS lockers,” but they were all being used by NON-CVS people!

Ttotms : grow up and get a life ! I don’t have time to put my little gloves on and make sure when I talk To you , i don’t accidentally hurt your feelings !
My TL had a hard time keeping his face straight when he had to talk to me and said : be nice to the new TMs .... they are not used to your sarcasm ...

I guess I must be lucky.

Dang, I'm a bit jealous! As I previously stated, mine never say anything to any of the cashiers. My ETL has the nickname of resting bitch face. Since the ETL also now has sales floor (moved down the org chart last year) they are quite busy and I get the impression has delegated a lot of their responsibilities to the GSTLs who are very busy and very seldom around the front end.

to that team member that made everything 10x harder when we were unstocking/restocking the coolers so they could be cleaned. By throwing random stuff in boxes you frusterated everyone else. We would have gone home hours earlier if you'd just unstocked the shelves in order like the rest of us...

10 hour overnight shift. I'm so tired.

TTOTM: No need to stress out. You did your job and notified the right people, let them handle it. Beating yourself up is only going to make the situation worse.

Mine usually do unless they are talking to someone as they pass by. The STL is usually really good at acknowledging everyone they pass as they walk by them. My last ETL would only acknowledge you when he needed you to do something. He was a jerk. I was not sad at all when he decided to leave Target.

TTOTL: Thanks so much for speaking out in response to me verbally recognizing the other TMs on the team I'm on. It was the first time I spoke up at a huddle (I have horrible anxiety) and correcting how I said the recognition pretty much discourages me from ever doing it again.

Writing cards next time.

To that one team member: Just because your previous TL was your best friend and they ended up fired for being a dumbass and you didn't have anyone directly supervising your for months....tough break. I'm here now, I'm fair. You will not get all the opening shifts and almost 36 hours within 4 days. You will not ruin my department.

TTOTL: Thanks so much for speaking out in response to me verbally recognizing the other TMs on the team I'm on. It was the first time I spoke up at a huddle (I have horrible anxiety) and correcting how I said the recognition pretty much discourages me from ever doing it again.

Writing cards next time.

Some people just like to suck the joy out of everyone. Don’t let it get to you. If it ever happens again look directly at them and say “do you feel better now that you corrected me?” And then stare them down. Or you can just think it and then put it here. We got your back even if the TL doesn’t.

To that one team member: Just because your previous TL was your best friend and they ended up fired for being a dumbass and you didn't have anyone directly supervising your for months....tough break. I'm here now, I'm fair. You will not get all the opening shifts and almost 36 hours within 4 days. You will not ruin my department.

Love, love, love this post like crazy !!!

I'd like to recognize the entire Starbucks team for their 4 critical violations on their steritech visit. Especially berths for sneezing without covering her mouth. Amazing job team
If it makes you feel any better, from what I heard, none of the Q4 new hires for Starbucks/Target Cafe at my store had done their food safety training when Steritech showed up last week.

To my bosses: Every time we have a visit you have to fuck up my desk. I know you think you're helping by tidying it up but I don't think the DTL is going to lose their minds if they see a stapler or a roll of tape out in the open. Or the stack of papers by the computer. Just leave them where they are, please. I have enough to do already without having to undo your attempts to screw up my system.

none of the Q4 new hires for Starbucks/Target Cafe at my store had done their food safety training when Steritech showed up last week.

I wish I could be surprised that food safety wasn't the FIRST training done for Sbux/Cafe staff. SMH, though.

TTOTM who throws yellow security tags into the trash after removing them at their register: ...don’t?

TTOETL: You were sitting next to a phone and right in front of a computer with myTime TM info open. You knew that I was clearly busy with something (away from the computer area) and decided to stop what I was doing so that you could delegate the task of calling a TM to me. Are you so lazy that you can't pick up the phone to call them when you already have everything open right in front of you? In the time that you took to track me down so that you could relay the info that you wanted me to say to the TM, you could have already called them yourself.

TTOTM who throws yellow security tags into the trash after removing them at their register: ...don’t?

One of our AP guys likes to slip them into peoples pockets while we aren’t paying attention.

TTOETL: Please chill out some. It’s very clear that you’re serious about your job and want to get things done, but stop with the ‘I live, breath, eat, sleep Target’ attitude. Relax for a second and don’t turn every casual conversation into something that is work related. PS, I thought you hated me but I’m glad we kinda broke the ice a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back