To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's doing her job. We are supposed to at least try to make small talk with the guest so they feel welcomed and valued. Plus she probably legitimately didn't know why Hunter at Target is being so heavily pushed. I wouldn't if it weren't for TBR, because cashiers don't get team Huddle's and things get missed.
I am a TM and a guest. It's not my job to teach her about a brand. I'm off the clock so I'm technically not supposed to be educating you about my purchase. I'm not getting paid for that. FYI, there have been print outs posted by the time clock regarding Hunter for Target. Read it. Or Google it. Otherwise don't motormouth. Your job is to ring me up not start asking questions slowing down the transaction when there is clearly a line behind me. If I don't want to answer your question then just zip it and move on and ring me up. Is that your new thing now that you're not answering me I'm not going to proceed with the transaction? Especially when you know I'm on break. None of you were at my store to know how the cashier was so how are you able to just side with her.

Psq98En.gif

To all TMs: please don’t think that us at GS know the answer to everything and get upset when we don’t know. Please stop sending guests up to us for items you have already searched for and know we don’t have. Also do your own defects like you were all told to do and STOP making us do all your stuff when we have 100 million other things to do. Also, don’t get mad when we call out your reshop as if we are doing it just to spite you. Stop talking us and asking us questions when we are helping guests. Finally, don’t just leave your stuff on the counter when you know that our TLs hate stuff on the GS counters.

To all TMs: please don’t think that us at GS know the answer to everything and get upset when we don’t know. Please stop sending guests up to us for items you have already searched for and know we don’t have. Also do your own defects like you were all told to do and STOP making us do all your stuff when we have 100 million other things to do. Also, don’t get mad when we call out your reshop as if we are doing it just to spite you. Stop talking us and asking us questions when we are helping guests. Finally, don’t just leave your stuff on the counter when you know that our TLs hate stuff on the GS counters.
This!!! I am sure I can add more.

To those leaders, "I don't know. Sometimes it works with some phones. Sometimes it doesn't" is the wrong answer when it comes to the Apple pay question. Know your damn workcenter. Samsung pay and apple/Google pay don't use the same tech. I find it hard to believe you've never been provided with this info so I'm refusing to give the benefit of the doubt rn
we do not accept apple or google pay. samsung pay will occasionally work because it emulated a physical card.

I am a TM and a guest. It's not my job to teach her about a brand. I'm off the clock so I'm technically not supposed to be educating you about my purchase. I'm not getting paid for that. FYI, there have been print outs posted by the time clock regarding Hunter for Target. Read it. Or Google it. Otherwise don't motormouth. Your job is to ring me up not start asking questions slowing down the transaction when there is clearly a line behind me. If I don't want to answer your question then just zip it and move on and ring me up. Is that your new thing now that you're not answering me I'm not going to proceed with the transaction? Especially when you know I'm on break. None of you were at my store to know how the cashier was so how are you able to just side with her.

She was asking you about the brand as small talk. Jesus fucking christ. The point is, you go on about what you like about the brand if you want. Or, if you're in a cunty mood like usual, you don't. Both are fine reactions. But acting like she's somehow wrong for asking the great and powerful you a question, is fucking ridiculous. At least have the sense of mind to understand that.

That's why I say troll. The cashier is paid to talk about your purchases and to make lighthearted small talk. And unless I missed something in orientation you don't get the 5 cents off the same purchase as when you buy the bag.
Heck - I’ve been known to give people the 5¢ off if they don’t take a bag. It’s a nickel- I doubt it will break Target’s bank.

TTOHLTM Stop sending guests to GS to inquire about an item. If you don't see it available in the store we can't make it appear at GS.

PREACH!! I'm sick and tired of having guests sent up to Guest Service with unrealistic expectations of what we can and can't do, especially when it was a team member who should know better. I've overheard many conversations where a TM tells a guest "just go up to Guest Services, they'll be able to help you" when the guest has an unreasonable request that we can't accommodate.

PREACH!! I'm sick and tired of having guests sent up to Guest Service with unrealistic expectations of what we can and can't do, especially when it was a team member who should know better. I've overheard many conversations where a TM tells a guest "just go up to Guest Services, they'll be able to help you" when the guest has an unreasonable request that we can't accommodate.
the worst offender? target.com. not even gonna explain since I know my GSTMs know what I mean and all have their fair share of stories

To Mysterious from the "favorite" TL; "Mysterious, you got to stop talking so we can get this warehouse clean." My tasklist normally consist of: Backroom, Guest Service calls, Flexible Fulfillment (OPU, SFS, DriveUp), Salefloor support and Receiving Back-up.

32d0025449fb398e3e4339605beefc68.gif

Meanwhile, this TL acts like an ETL (no disrespect to those reading this) and doesn't get hand-on. Tells hardworking individuals to shut up and will talk to the slackers casually. We have lost some reliable, tenured team members because of this TL and the STL just lets it slide. Due to confidentiality, am unaware if there are monitoring that TL's performance. Just a walking hypocrite.

/end rant

Last edited:
TATETLS: This conversation I had today just made me realize how fucking pathetic you all are, even my favorite one. My promotion to guest is soon to happen.

From just reading it, it sounds like she was just genuinely curious about it, and making polite convo.

Also, I almost always forget to give bag credit, not out of spite (okay, every now and again out of spite, but usually not). A POLITE “hey don’t forget the bag discount” and I always apply it.

I dont cashier much if at all anymore while working in Market but every single time I rang up that discount the guest let me know before I even rang up 1 item when I back up cashiered in the past.

we do not accept apple or google pay. samsung pay will occasionally work because it emulated a physical card.

Yea.... gstls in my store should know. Other people in my store don't know and I've corrected them as well, but I'm annoyed I've had to correct leaders of the front damn lanes. They should know! I know because former tech enthusiast. But they should know because it's they're gd job. Samsung pay should always work though as long as they position it properly. The card reader can't tell the difference between it and a card, as you said. If it's not working, they just gotta troubleshoot or hopefully they brought their wallet in

Last edited:
TTOTM: No you can not hide at your register and sit on the bagging area since you are in the back row.
Yes, we were slow the other day, we had bad weather. However, if I am standing in front of my lane greeting the handful
of guests that we had and asking them if they are ready to check out.....you can bet I am directing them to YOUR lane before
my own.

And GSTL, where were you for 2 hours????

to that one gsa: dude you're literally the only reason I still work in the front end

I think my store is looking to make me GSA when I turn 18 and idk if I want to do it anymore

TTOTM: No you can not hide at your register and sit on the bagging area since you are in the back row.
Yes, we were slow the other day, we had bad weather. However, if I am standing in front of my lane greeting the handful
of guests that we had and asking them if they are ready to check out.....you can bet I am directing them to YOUR lane before
my own.

And GSTL, where were you for 2 hours????

I'm surprised she wasn't sent to the floor to zone. On those exceedingly rare occasions when we have more cashiers than needed, they get sent out to zone.

I've never seen a GSA or GSTL zoning. Extra cashiers, definitely.

Oh, wait. You mean the cashier sitting on her bagging area. Never mind :p

LOL, yeah. I realized after I posted it I quoted your whole post and not just the first part. #toolazytoedit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back