Archived Too many Trucks for Your Unload in Your Store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at least 2 trucks behind with all of it on pallets, flats or tubs clogging up the Backroom and sales floor. How bad is it? Three Flow TMs just up and quit and walked out the door!
Target wins. That's what they want

Why quit? That shit's just job security...

Yea, coachings.... those are sooooo bad. Sometime I cry for hours, afterwards!

Ok, so I know my store is not the only store that orders trailers for the o/n unload when you already have A lot of freight in your store. When you to the point where you can't really tell push from backstock, isn't it time for you to cancel a trailer to "catch" yourself?? Breakroom, please share your stories with me!!
Hopefully things are getting back to normal now, but yes you pretty much need to cancel a trailer to start getting caught up. We were like 60 pallets behind in push at one point last Q4, and the first step was cancelling a trailer and having flow start pushing old shit. Everything needs to be wrapped and labeled so the pallets don't fall over and you can easily tell what it is. Get support from other stores to push and backstock and get everyone on board with the mentality that this can be fixed, one pallet/tub/cart at a time.

Tgtlog, I hear you, just wish others @ my store would comply. When it feels like "You vs. everyone else", your morale goes into the dumps and you don't care. I keep at it regardless especially with good practice technichiques, but I'm old school and take pride in my work. Can't say the same for others though.

Reading all of this is quite interesting. At the DC, we've been under the assumption that the stores have been super busy. Right now, we're running volumes like it was November/December. Normally around this time, we get old to go home because there's not enough work; instead, we're in mandatory OT. I'm not sure anyone really knows whats going on. We just keep getting massive label drop after label drop, and are projected to stay that way for several more weeks.

Reading all of this is quite interesting. At the DC, we've been under the assumption that the stores have been super busy. Right now, we're running volumes like it was November/December. Normally around this time, we get old to go home because there's not enough work; instead, we're in mandatory OT. I'm not sure anyone really knows whats going on. We just keep getting massive label drop after label drop, and are projected to stay that way for several more weeks.
So, basically, no one at corporate knows what the hell is happening or what the hell they're doing.

We're up to 10 trucks a week atm, and our overnight team isn't coping well with it. And yet, while our trucks grow more numerous and the workload increases, we are still cutting hours. What the actual fuck.

Holy shit. That's too many trucks. We're struggling with 6-7 trucks a week. I think 10 trucks would ruin lives here. But 6-7 is brutal for us, we typically get 5 trucks with Sundays and Wednesdays off...the 6 days straight setup every week is starting to take its toll on team morale and energy.

We have also gone through about a dozen new hires on flow in about a month, though, so we're currently constantly short staffed. Most of them have NCNS'd their way to termination right away after their first couple days. Highest turnover I've seen outside of Q4.

We had a new hire call in and quit the morning of his orientation. Next thing you know they will just be up and quitting during the first interview: "Hell, I don't need this shit. I'm out of here!"

Last edited:
We've had many doubles. A lot of us come in at 1-3AM to start bowling. It's awful and it was dropped on us unexpectedly so we had little payroll to add people to accommodate.

My store hasn't done a double in years. If most of the push wouldn't be left for the rest of the store to finish, I would love to see our current team do one. Half of them would quit and the other half would die.

Holy shit. That's too many trucks. We're struggling with 6-7 trucks a week. I think 10 trucks would ruin lives here. But 6-7 is brutal for us, we typically get 5 trucks with Sundays and Wednesdays off...the 6 days straight setup every week is starting to take its toll on team morale and energy.

We have also gone through about a dozen new hires on flow in about a month, though, so we're currently constantly short staffed. Most of them have NCNS'd their way to termination right away after their first couple days. Highest turnover I've seen outside of Q4.

Our store is A+/AA volume, so we are supposed to have a large enough of a team that we can handle that many trucks. But we don't get the hours for them, so we can't cope with it. If we were down to just 7 trucks a week we might be better off, but even on single truck days we have trouble keeping up.

And it's only going to get worse as we approach holiday season; I think that during the peak of Holiday season we were up to 12 trucks a week. Our old ETL-REPL even told me that there was one night where we took a triple, but that was back when the process was green.

We're seeing quite a bit of stuff come off the truck go right to the sales floor. When we do have a ton of excess backstock, it's either transition, bulky BTC stuff, or a bunch of the same non carry forward product. It's not uncommon to get 20+ cases of the exact same item that's almost out of season and will go clearance within a month. This week it was cheap BTC bathroom stuff. A few weeks ago it was summer pool toys.

All I want from the RDC, if any miracle can be worked, is to even out the number of repacks between trailers! The actual size of the trailer does not matter in the slightest to me, nor do the amount of transition/pipos/backstock/freight, since it all has to get done. However, the inability to plan around getting 100 repacks one trailer and then 290 the next makes my days terrible! Repacks suck lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back