Archived Too many Trucks for Your Unload in Your Store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all of this is quite interesting. At the DC, we've been under the assumption that the stores have been super busy. Right now, we're running volumes like it was November/December. Normally around this time, we get old to go home because there's not enough work; instead, we're in mandatory OT. I'm not sure anyone really knows whats going on. We just keep getting massive label drop after label drop, and are projected to stay that way for several more weeks.

Not every store is necessarily killing it in sales $$, but we're selling a lot of items because BTS/BTC. My store is super freaky BTC and our trucks have been huge.

All I want from the RDC, if any miracle can be worked, is to even out the number of repacks between trailers! The actual size of the trailer does not matter in the slightest to me, nor do the amount of transition/pipos/backstock/freight, since it all has to get done. However, the inability to plan around getting 100 repacks one trailer and then 290 the next makes my days terrible! Repacks suck lol!
I think this might have to do with the UDCs. When one of their trailers gets unloaded, we'll have ~1-1.2k repacks hit our trailers all at once. Get several trailers back-to-back, or close together in one shift, well, you can guess. Check and see how many of those repacks are green. If it's a bunch of green ones, then that's the UDC freight causing those surges in repacks.

I think this might have to do with the UDCs. When one of their trailers gets unloaded, we'll have ~1-1.2k repacks hit our trailers all at once. Get several trailers back-to-back, or close together in one shift, well, you can guess. Check and see how many of those repacks are green. If it's a bunch of green ones, then that's the UDC freight causing those surges in repacks.

UDC?

Upstream Distribution Centers. They're three new buildings that opened up back in the spring. They carry items that are locally-specific, or are are hard-to-forecast items that in the past would of just collected dust and taken up space for months in the RDC. Their freight is repacked in green repacks, and sent to the RDC to be then sent to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back