Archived Too many Trucks for Your Unload in Your Store??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Ok, so I know my store is not the only store that orders trailers for the o/n unload when you already have A lot of freight in your store. When you to the point where you can't really tell push from backstock, isn't it time for you to cancel a trailer to "catch" yourself?? Breakroom, please share your stories with me!!

We had to take 7 trucks in 5 days last week because most of flow isn't available on Sunday and we had nobody to run the team on another day during the week. We've managed to keep getting the push done each day so far, though backstock is starting to become an issue.

There was someone who posted about an issue similar to yours back in December. I think it took a visit from someone above the DTL to get them to even admit that they had serious problems.

We take 7 trucks twice this BTS season. We're a small store too. It's so crazy in the BR that we arent locating BTS freight for a few days just to save room. Multiples of literally everything right now. Sad thing is we are going to have to pull all that stuff down in a few weeks.

We are st 8 trucks this week wtf.

Why are we stocking the back room.

Just get 7 trucks a week and stock the outs on the salesfloor. If something is out it will come the next day Is that too hard too understand headquarters. ???

Just get 7 trucks a week and stock the outs on the salesfloor. If something is out it will come the next day Is that too hard too understand headquarters. ???
I heard a rumor that they're purging the DCs but idk how true that is. We've topped 1100 cartons initial backstock off a truck already. Took us 3 hours to toss it up.

It looks like a truck delivery tonight, and we have one tomorrow.

Crikey.

Normally we do 5 trucks a week, but for the last month we've been getting 6-7 trucks, during the 7 truck weeks one day is a double because ain't nobody coming in on Sunday. And we're scheduled for 7 trucks this coming week, so there's gonna be a double somewhere in there. Yayyy.

There's been too many trucks this week to the point where they're having me, the PA, do all the perishable flow pallets in closing shift.

5 trucks this week and for the next two weeks (normally 4).

We couldnt catch up with shitty hours. Backroom works for 4-5 hours, which is only enough time to do autofills (3TMs pulling) and then casepacks (4TMs). 4th TM is tired as fuck because he works back of line during unload.

Dont even let me start how our coolers and freezers look like.

8 trucks this week and for the next few weeks as well. Had a really bad start though with almost a third of the flow team calling out both Sunday and today... What's worse is that most of the people who called out are from one family/cliche that all live near each other, I know it must be fun working with friends/relatives but if someone died/got married/etc then the whole store suffers with massive callouts. Hope tomorrow is better or I'll be expecting a lot of corrective actions going around.

As long they don't repeat last year where my store got 14 trucks in a week after struggling to keep up with 8 trucks a week. Because "low" backroom inventory for BTS madness(we so freaky). My store would be fine if not for the usual issue of actually staffing flow, issues of being a college town where most of the flow team are college kids ya lose so many because they are in transitional years plus none of them view target as a career/steady job just a paycheck. Who can blame them really the whole area is so dependent on the college that finding a entry level job is easy because of that flux. So if you lose one you can pick up another in a week if you try.

As long they don't repeat last year where my store got 14 trucks in a week after struggling to keep up with 8 trucks a week. Because "low" backroom inventory for BTS madness(we so freaky). My store would be fine if not for the usual issue of actually staffing flow, issues of being a college town where most of the flow team are college kids ya lose so many because they are in transitional years plus none of them view target as a career/steady job just a paycheck. Who can blame them really the whole area is so dependent on the college that finding a entry level job is easy because of that flux. So if you lose one you can pick up another in a week if you try.
Omg! I would be pushing for 3 weeks straight & no payroll to cover it.

I know that our supply chain managers know about the "just in time" model, but changes have not been implemented to correct Target's supply chain problems in this regard. We are still flying with the same old crap (sometimes I notice the improvements but not consistently). Our stockroom is FULL to the ceiling because we are taking so much freight that goes to backstock right away. We have very little room in receiving, and there is no way for us to get it lower. I am glad they talked about "low and pro" during our slow times, but when being low and pro would make the biggest impact (busy times with the most payroll getting spent) its impossible to do. We are only low and pro when its the least impactful.

Well then, I guess it is better to have too much than not enough...

When it comes to back to school, flow should be armed with all the portable printers and flex everything everywhere and NO back stock Do it right the first time Why do we back stock back to school when it will pull and be gone in less than 30 days ??

When it comes to back to school, flow should be armed with all the portable printers and flex everything everywhere and NO back stock Do it right the first time Why do we back stock back to school when it will pull and be gone in less than 30 days ??

Because it would look like shit and be a complete fucking mess. Meter it out so parents and their crotch droppings don't tornado the entire thing.. And there are people who would look at that flexed disaster of everything everywhere and turn on their heel and walk out. Shelves and pegboards do need breathing space between items, it helps the brain be able to actually see things.

Because it would look like shit and be a complete fucking mess. Meter it out so parents and their crotch droppings don't tornado the entire thing.. And there are people who would look at that flexed disaster of everything everywhere and turn on their heel and walk out. Shelves and pegboards do need breathing space between items, it helps the brain be able to actually see things.
You are right. I guess we will leave the backroom to being a Custer fuck forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back