Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Yes -- a one-time lump sum

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • No

Votes: 96 78.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing Penny Wars, with a jar for each ETL and the STL and an equal number of TMs for each team. The winning team gets a jeans day and the last place team's ETL gets a pie to the face.

I'm going to contribute $10, but I haven't decided yet if I want to do 20 rolls of pennies for my team, or a roll of quarters for the ETL-GE/HL.

Did it end? If so we didn't even come close
It's not over yet, but if you're at 100% participation, there's only so much you can do.

I make next to nothing at Target. I think it's innapropriate of them to solicit donations, especially when they're cutting hours left and right.

You could suggest that they schedule everyone one extra hour a week and they will donate the proceeds.
Boom 100% compliance and they meet contribution goals.

You could suggest that they schedule everyone one extra hour a week and they will donate the proceeds.
Boom 100% compliance and they meet contribution goals.

I would not willingly donate any money via Target. It actually makes me uncomfortable when i'm approached by my SrTL to fill out the form right in front of him. They should just place stacks of these forms in the breakroom so that TM's can fill them out anonymously imo, that way when you're asked about it you can just say I already filled one out.

I would not willingly donate any money via Target. It actually makes me uncomfortable when i'm approached by my SrTL to fill out the form right in front of him. They should just place stacks of these forms in the breakroom so that TM's can fill them out anonymously imo, that way when you're asked about it you can just say I already filled one out.

It's not a big deal to fill out the form. There is an option to check that you aren't donating, so all you donate is 30 seconds of your time that's on the clock anyway.

He probably didn't donate either. Ask an hrtm for one, they have to enter your pledge anyways and you are one of many choosing not to donate

I chose to donate $100 over multiple times through my check. So about $8.34 whatever that is. It's a good feeling to donate more then the ETLs when your just a team member. Did the same thing last year too.

It's not a big deal to fill out the form. There is an option to check that you aren't donating, so all you donate is 30 seconds of your time that's on the clock anyway.

I realize this but when you're cornered by your SrTL's and asked to fill out the form in front of them it's uncomfortable. I know that TM's are not obligated to donate anything but I also think it's inappropriate for Target leadership to ask for donations on behalf of UW. Most TM's are underpaid as it is.

My ETL walked up to my counter with mine & asked me to fill it out then & there.
I put 0, signed it & handed it back to them before turning around & going back to work.
My donation, my choice - not yours.

I realize this but when you're cornered by your SrTL's and asked to fill out the form in front of them it's uncomfortable.

Not really. Even a people pleaser like me had no problem checking zero in front of HR. I even said out loud I wasn't donating because I've heard a couple of bad things about UW, and I'd rather take the money and buy cat food for the local shelter.

We have a no solicitation policy at Target. This however is the exception and I resent it. They are on peoples asses all day everyday to be more productive. But you can bring in some local chair head to go on for 30 minutes about how glorious the UW is. 30 minutes x 46 team members 23 payroll hours wasted. And then why isn't the truck done on time, why isn't reshop complete? Yesterday was a joke at my store. We had "events" going on all day. The ETLs spent most of the day outside along with most of the TLS. Backups were being called and no one was on the floor because they were all outside. I hate the United Way week.To hunt people down to fill out a form while they are working is so wrong to me. Everyone says its confidential blah blah blah. Then explain to me please how people even on here can say ETLs gave less than TMs. How do you know what someone choose to donate And I know for a fact that some ETL-HRs fake the participation. They have to manually input every single donation and whether or not someone declined. Sure they would lose their job if they were audited but some don't care. Mine didn't. I was asked to do the input one year and I flat out declined.There was no way I would "fudge" the numbers.Most people don't realize you can go onto ehr and change your donation whenever you want as well, they don't really advertise that....

We're actually pretty low key at my store. No speakers or events like that. We have fundraisers throughout the year, which accounts for most of the money raised at my store. We always have a high turnout for volunteer events though, and often, it is team members coming up with volunteer events, not just the Corp mandated ones.

No events at my store, which is just as well.
The number of TMs working two jobs & on SNAP has doubled in the last few years so UW would be hard-pressed to get anything more than a few cents out of our team.
Leadership comes around to TMs & ask them to fill out their slip on the spot, hoping to catch a few unawares so they'll pony up some $$.
We've already warned the newbies.

Everyone says its confidential blah blah blah. Then explain to me please how people even on here can say ETLs gave less than TMs

I think most people who were aware of what people gave are HR. We do after all input it.

We're actually pretty low key at my store. No speakers or events like that. We have fundraisers throughout the year, which accounts for most of the money raised at my store. We always have a high turnout for volunteer events though, and often, it is team members coming up with volunteer events, not just the Corp mandated ones.

Same I assume most low volumes don't have time for that. The store is just too busy

I think most people who were aware of what people gave are HR. We do after all input it.

Same I assume most low volumes don't have time for that. The store is just too busy

We are a low volume store and I have to organize all volunteer events. It is incredible hard to find to find volunteer opportunities in my area and when I do, maybe one or two people join. Like you said, the store is just too busy. I know that I don't have time to volunteer much. I work 5 days/week, have kids. After school it's homework, their activities etc. I try to volunteer at their school when I can but it's not as much as I would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back