Archived Updated Electronics Departments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg Hey so I'm a electronics team member and a couple of stores in my area have the new electronics update where the whole area is carpeted and everything is on display and looks somewhat like an apple store. I've heard chatter that this may become standard in target stores. Anyone know if it will leave the testing phase? Thanks!

My electronics department looks like that minus the carpeting and target mobil area.

Mine is quite outdated and target mobile is placed in a random aisle not very close to the electronics console area. Hopefully target will update it!

I overheard a conference call that Target Mobile was having with it's team members and it sounds like they're planning on having the electronics remodel in a few thousand stores by 2016.

Now for anyone who's had the remodel, what happened the electronics team? All the information I've seen makes it look like MarketSource takes over the entire department.

I overheard a conference call that Target Mobile was having with it's team members and it sounds like they're planning on having the electronics remodel in a few thousand stores by 2016.

Now for anyone who's had the remodel, what happened the electronics team? All the information I've seen makes it look like MarketSource takes over the entire department.

I would like to know this too. The rumor mill has it that a couple of stores in my area will be getting this after Q4. One of them possibly being my store.

Haha thanks everyone who likes my profile picture #Ireland. Anyway it would be in targets best interests to update the electronics area. This department is a big profit area in the stores, so why not update it to increase productivity. It may cost a lump of money but it can be easily re earned within days. Hopefully a target Exec. will see this haha!

Haha thanks everyone who likes my profile picture #Ireland. Anyway it would be in targets best interests to update the electronics area. This department is a big profit area in the stores, so why not update it to increase productivity. It may cost a lump of money but it can be easily re earned within days. Hopefully a target Exec. will see this haha!

Thread Jack
I remember going to school in the fifth grade on Saint Patrick's day wearing an orange shirt, white belt and green cords.
Of course, nobody got it but that's what comes from growing up in a family where the first booze you sneak is Guinness, the party songs are "The Foggy Dew" and "Gypsy Rover" and dinner conservation is about 'the troubles'.

Back to topic.

I don't know if they want to spend the money right now to do that kind of remodel for all the stores even if it makes sense.
With what happened in Canada and the breach the are clutching every penny they have even though I'm sure they could loosen up the purse strings and would do just fine.
It would just mean the folks on top wouldn't get the big bonuses and the stockholders wouldn't make as much.
Can't have that you know.

It's a shame though. Considering the way things are now they might spend the money on the remodeling but then not spend the money to train and staff the area.

Just to calm the rumor that market source takes over staffing of the department, that is not true. Well sort of. Electronics gets busier with this remodel and spot doesn't allocate significantly more hours to staff the department. However, market source does have 1-4 Mobile people on during most of the day. In my store the mobile people are glad to help guests because they can then try to sell them a phone, which helps us and them out. Additionally they are happy to hang back when we zone seasonal and sporting goods which is far from the boat. If you have more questions about the electronics experience remodel let me know.

I'd love for this to come to my store! C'mon target execs, we need it haha!

The home remodel is also quite beautiful. I'd say these two ideas have been one of Target's better ones in the past few years.

Looks good. It'd be nice if the payroll is in place to account for cleaning, updating mobile devices, replacing displays when they go on CLR, scanning outs, replacing outs, replacing broken pegs, replacing broken fixtures....hell...basic upkeep.

Oh, and if the TV acrylics actually come in. Right now I'm doing some hodgepodge double sided tape set up so that my ISM TV info signing is on the board. Those damn acrylic bars just won't come in.

Our store got this remodel. It looks almost exactly like that picture. It looks pretty sharp, I like it a lot. It was long overdue because ours looked pretty "cheap." I don't know if any of the other Targets in my area got this remodel though...

My store has this remodel. It's really nice, but you can really feel the heat from the giant wall of TVs (my only complaint). Staffing is about the same so that means someone outside Electronics has to cover lunches and breaks. Mobile does 15 minute breaks, but a TM that's familiar with Electronics will do the 45 minutes instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back