Archived What do I need to know about TVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm back to being an electronics TM, and at my old store, TVs were my weak point. I don't know much about smart TVs, and I personally don't own or want a television set at all (smart or not). I got the impression that my new store cares far more about TV sales than my old store, where they weren't really big sellers. So what are the big things I need to know?

You don't need to use TVs, but you need to know how to sell them. That means knowing their features, differences in brands, a basic understanding of the technology, etc.

Google "TV buying guide"; there are a plethora of resources out there.

Everything you need to know is on the box. I'd just take the time to learn what those things are.

I sell 4/5 TV's on a daily basis at my new job, ask any questions you have and I'll answer to my ability. I know more than any sane person should.

I'd ask for another workcenter.
Why? TV selling is a relatively small part of my overall duties over an 8 hour shift (In 5 8 hour shifts at my new store, I've had guests consider buying TVs twice. I actually think my initial impression that my new store moves a lot more TVs than my old store might not be correct.), and it's a weak point I can improve upon. Outside of TVs, I'm much more knowledgeable about the rest of electronic, especially tablets, laptops (well, "laptops"), and Nintendo.

Last edited:
There is a training class on tv’s on workbench. Take it, please.
I've gone through the guide that you can load on the Zebra app. Is the workbench one more in depth? I can try asking my TL for some time off the sales floor if it is. I already mentioned to my TL that I'm less good at TVs than other stuff, and she said she'd help me learn.

Working electronics is more than selling tv's.

Do you mind a light jog a couple times a day? How about having to give a walkie shout out every time you sell anything of any value? How many guests can you juggle at once, ALL asking ALL sorts of product questions? How much do you like (on top of selling redcards) being pushed to sell attachments with almost every sale? And the neatest part...

How good are you at doing all of that AND pulling the 1, 3, and on weekends 5 o'clock pulls, then working your pulls? And last but not least... zoning.

If this is your cup of tea outstanding! You will make an excellent eletronics TM! :)

Do you mind a light jog a couple times a day? How about having to give a walkie shout out every time you sell anything of any value? How many guests can you juggle at once, ALL asking ALL sorts of product questions? How much do you like (on top of selling redcards) being pushed to sell attachments with almost every sale? And the neatest part...

How good are you at doing all of that AND pulling the 1, 3, and on weekends 5 o'clock pulls, then working your pulls? And last but not least... zoning.

If this is your cup of tea outstanding! You will make an excellent eletronics TM! :)

Damn my store must be outdated as fuck. We're not asked to do half this shit yet lol.

Oh, I'm well familiar with all of this. I've been an electronics TM before. I just left Target for a little while and came back, and TVs have always been my weakest skill, so I want to brush up. As for the rest, I'm good. I had some difficulty learning how to zone sporting goods (my old store, we only zoned electronics and entertainment), but I think I'm past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back