Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Thyroid

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Pancreas

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I denied some shady "church goers" and "charity givers" because they wanted $10,000 worth of giftcards (Google Play, Steam, PSN etc.) My LOD accepted the purchase the first time a week ago, but apparantly they've been back 5 times since then. What type of profit could they even make off of these purchases though?
They resell them. If they're purchased with fraudulent credit cards, the $$ they make from the resale is pure profit.

The target giftcards may have been loaded via fraudulent returns or returns of stolen merch.
There's multiple levels of laundering using giftcards.
I just passed a machine in a nearby groc store that cashes in giftcards & I just thought "Oh, great...."

Ahh I see. They're being purchased with Target giftcards though.

Entirely purchased with giftcards?

Or just partially purchased?

If they pay even 1 cent with cash I can guarantee they're returning the giftcards to get cash back.

Probably commit coupon fraud, return the items for target giftcards, then use those to buy the other giftcards then.

If they paid part cash, the scam is you buy something with a giftcard and cash, then return it at another store the same day and the return defaults to 100% cash.

Or, they purchase the Target gift cards with a stolen CC. Honestly, who the hell has $10,000 in Target gift cards? That's A LOT of return fraud~lol!

Possible, I'd just expect in that scenario though that they'd use the stolen CC's to buy prepaid CC's.

Or, they purchase the Target gift cards with a stolen CC. Honestly, who the hell has $10,000 in Target gift cards? That's A LOT of return fraud~lol!
And it was multiple times a week. They should be gone for good now, but I still wonder what they were up to exactly. Maybe they just resell them?

A guest found a stack of gift cards in a shopping cart. They were all the generic ones for the offers, but the bar code was in the front. Any idea what those were? We checked the amount in them and they were all empty so we were all kinda confused and just threw em out. I was told that if I get one of those in my lane to just scan it and see what happens.

The target giftcards may have been loaded via fraudulent returns or returns of stolen merch.
There's multiple levels of laundering using giftcards.
I just passed a machine in a nearby groc store that cashes in giftcards & I just thought "Oh, great...."
Mhm, the grocery store behind my Target has those.
Last I heard our STL and AP were partnering with the manager and security at that grocery store because people were return frauding us and then immediately going over there to cash in the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back