Archived Whole Foods employees are 'crying' over stressful new workplace rules, report says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of mean-spirited comments on the page, from people who've obviously never worked in a modern retail or service job, and feel those that do deserve whatever they get. Surprised that they can find time to comment in-between dusting off their portraits of Ayn Rand and correcting their servants with a swift stroke across the face with their riding crop from horseback. Also surprised that free-market capitalists don't understand that the process is potentially not working, and ruining the business's bottom-line.

Last edited:
Lots of mean-spirited comments on the page, from people who've obviously never worked in a modern retail or service job, and feel those that do deserve whatever they get. Surprised that they can find time to comment in-between dusting off their portraits of Ayn Rand and correcting their servants with a swift stroke across the face with their riding crop from horseback. Also surprised that free-market capitalists don't understand that the process is potentially not working, and ruining the business's bottom-line.
Take a deep breath...

There's always a learning curve whenever you change something so drastically like that. Having said that, you would think that could have made some improvement with their new system by now if this has been going on since August. They will definitely lose customers if they consistently are out of whatever the customers are there to buy.

There is a grocery store very close to where I live, but I pass it up and drive an extra couple miles to a different store because the closer one was always out of things I wanted when I would try to shop there.

I don't know exactly how many parallels you can draw between e2e and whole foods process but it looks like Spot tms are coping better at filling, ordering, maintaining.

It sounds like they've got some extra burdens above and beyond what Target has for E2E. Someone posted a link to a better story in the "in the news" thread that describes things better. Actually, I think it's the same story that the linked story above used as its source: 'Seeing someone cry at work is becoming normal': Employees say Whole Foods is using 'scorecards' to punish them - http://www.businessinsider.com/how-whole-foods-uses-scorecards-to-punish-employees-2018-1

The paperwork alone sounds particularly hellish. Do market TMs have 100 point checklists they have to complete every day?

And, are you kidding me?

The walks also involve on-the-spot quizzes, in which employees are asked to recite their departments' sales goals, top-selling items, previous week's sales, and other information.

I can't even keep track of what we have on Cartwheel this week. If I had to memorize sales goals, top-sellers and other sales info to regurgitate in some BS "pop quiz"...well I'd quit or get fired. I don't get paid enough for that shit.

And TM burdens aside, the system clearly isn't working. A working system means you don't have news reports nationwide of empty shelves for months at a time. It sounds like they're punishing store employees for upstream supply-chain issues when they certainly would have no control over not enough product coming into stores.

And I love how the executives, who probably last entered a store somewhere between 6 months ago and never, talk about how much employees love it and it gives them more time to engage with customers. LOL.

Last edited:
And TM burdens aside, the system clearly isn't working. A working system means you don't have news reports nationwide of empty shelves for months at a time. It sounds like they're punishing store employees for upstream supply-chain issues when they certainly would have no control over not enough product coming into stores.

Bingo it's like blaming our market tms for all the outs in market when they have no time to do research.

Half the stuff we need takes weeks to come on the truck

Last edited:
Surprised that they can find time to comment in-between dusting off their portraits of Ayn Rand...

Funny because Whole Foods' founder John "Galt" Mackey is a pencilnecked Randroid in real life, who got caught using a sockpuppet to talk shit about a competitor that he later bought out. He's got the whole "living modestly in cargo shorts, tennis shoes and driving a beater" schtick going on, started paying himself a meme salary of $1 a year (naturally, after waiting until his bank account hit $100 million first) and it goes without saying that he closed the sale of WF to Bezos with his mouth, if you get my drift. He's one of a number of those irritating libertarians who claim to support Free Markets™ but in practice are just fine and dandy with megacorporations like Amazon consolidating markets and reducing competition, making markets even less free. Are there ANY libertarians who don't have severe dissonance when it comes to markets dominated by giant oligopolies? Doubtful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back