Archived Zebra Wireless Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
It looks like Target is finally replacing the old O'Neil printers with something that actually works! Everyone should be getting at least a few this summer and the rest of them next year.

Does anyone have them yet or know anything more about it?

Just heard about this today. We are hoping it solves our connectivity problems we seem to have constantly. Also curious if it's possible they will use the same clearance stickers as I recently stockpiled a couple cases before my upcoming LOA. Hate to waste them.

This will be great. I have terrible troubles using the O'Neil printers. Does anyone know which model we are getting?

Just heard about this today. We are hoping it solves our connectivity problems we seem to have constantly. Also curious if it's possible they will use the same clearance stickers as I recently stockpiled a couple cases before my upcoming LOA. Hate to waste them.
There will be new labels, but we will have both types of printers for a while.

Good. Current printers age like fruit in the sun. Lol.....although some of our zebra devices have already croaked. If the scanners sit in the charging dock for too long it absolutely kills the batteries. We've already had to get rid of a few.

There will be new labels, but we will have both types of printers for a while.

Good to know. The price change ladies at my store are very resistant to change so I am sure they will continue using the crappy equipment until they are forced to switch.

The rolls are smaller because the printers are smaller. They print a lot faster. The team members that use them love them.

Will they still work with the PDAs? ("guns") I sure hope so...that would be awesome!

Fancy! Having to completely reboot and reinitialize the old model on a daily basis is a total PITA. Step away for a moment and Bam! Disconnected.

Hopefully they'll be as durable as the old model and PDAs though. You can drop those and after a quick "oh sh*t" keep working. So far the Zebra devices have not fared so well in the durability department. Almost missed my goal time recently on PCVs as the touch screen on three different units became nonresponsive ... But that's a different thread.

The QLn420 has to be docked to a config station and reconfigured via a special zebra config program in order to reconfigure them. I wonder how Target is getting away with that for in store maintenance?

Hmm...

This series is actually a decent printer and works well on wireless.

The QLn420 has to be docked to a config station and reconfigured via a special zebra config program in order to reconfigure them. I wonder how Target is getting away with that for in store maintenance?

Hmm...

This series is actually a decent printer and works well on wireless.

The HQ employee who has been monitoring my stores usage of these printers has told me that some places in the store will have the config stations at the desk. His examples were two at the service desk so that they're always charging but are un-dockable if needed, also Fitting Room/Electronics Boat.

Regarding the config program, I honestly don't know how they're going to do it. The person who was configuring them for us came in with a HQ laptop and was configuring them with the zebra program, honestly it looked like a hex editor. I hope they've figured out a way to reset them without using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back