MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are y’all using magnetic dividers in shampoo, mcm, hair color, etc??? We haven’t so far. We don’t like them for many pogs.
I don't have enough and don't want to have to clean them to reuse so my team rad told to use adhesive. Which reminds me to order more.

My store is a pilot store. I am forced to ignore guests to be able to get the work on my list done. In addition our back room is a disaster and Target Inc. doesn't seem to care about the safety of the team. Every isle is clogged with U-Boat carts, ship from store carts, flats, and smart carts. At times there isn't enough room to get a smart cart through the isle without trading paint. It is crazy, we have to constantly waste time waiting on someone to clear the isle so someone can go the opposite direction. U-Boat carts have tipped over due to using the higher shelves on them. Kroger uses the same carts w/o shelves and that keeps the weight to the floor instead of being top heavy. In addition, the U-Boat carts are unsafe because to is hard to see objects and people in front of you while navigating through the store. Lawsuit in the near future!! Does the CEO have a friend that makes carts?? The other day an ESTL called out over the walkies to see if it would be okay to start using the fire isle again since the fire marshal had finished his yearly visit. There is no place to store carts that aren't being use, the line is loaded with carts that sit there in the way and can't be used because corporate wants them to be used only for one certain isle of the store. On the floor the U-Boats must be in the isle the team member is working, the guests can't get through the isle to shop ("SPEND MONEY!!). We can't get to the water fountain in the back and not allowed to have a water bottle on the floor. Bottom line, if we have a fire or some crazy idiot with a gun come in the store I would be surprised if anyone could get out the fire isle or back door safely. MANY WILL DIE.

If Target really wanted to save money they would use the TECHNOLOGY they have properly. Instead the my-devise doesn't work well with the system or the system is just crap, not to mention the WiFi isn't adequate, must be re-booted often, multiple sign ins, and we wait long periods of time to do our work. I spend an hour scanning every item on the shelf in EXF to check if the item is in stock in the back. We have to initiate auto fills in the morning that should take into consideration all the items I scan in EXF if the "capacity" and "on the floor" counts are correct. Corporate sets unrealistic capacities with revisions which causes us extra work. Many times while back-stocking the my-device goes crazy and a random item shows up from the shelf label, diapers, housewares, anything but the area you are working with. Many items that are in the back room are not in a back room location. Enough items to know that it's not just a mistake vut a problem that needs corrected. If someone could get their crap together on the inventory and logistics it would be amazing how much it would save them. Trucks show up with 2000 plus items one day, 600 items the next, 1300 the next....... send full trucks less often and stock the items that we need to make guests happy. It is hard to get an accurate "product needs" because we are out of so much for a long period of time. The system has no way of showing lost sales due to lack of stock.

The store's sales continues to increase, our hours continue to decrease, the management is getting cranky because the work isn't getting done in the three hours they schedule the Flow Team. The management has been using questionable tactics to try to get the team to do the work of several employees. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Guest service is at an all time low (no one is on the floor to help them and we are to busy to give a crap), team member moral is at an all time low (team members just don't care anymore if the work gets done or not). This is a funny one; the store is no longer able to use tubs behind the short wall at guest service for re-shop, Guest Services looks like CRAP, re-shop all over the ledge and the floor because everyone is too busy to go up front every five minutes when one item is returned. Unrealistic expectations on Target's part.

Sure wish Target, Inc. would see the post and reconsider. A suggestion box would be nice. Oh and the yearly evaluation of how the store and equipment is doing, leave room for comments instead of trying to force the answers in the direction you want it.

We are being told we can only have one vehicle for reshop at GS. For the past week, there has been a minimum of three carts when I leave and no one working on them.

Fortunately, my leads still have our back on the reshop madness. I was the only person in hardlines late this afternoon when inevitably the call came over the walkie "Hardlines, I have a full cart of C & D waiting for you. Who is coming up to get it?" Before I could even grab my walkie, my ETL answered, "Seasonaldude is the only one in hardlines right now. He's currently covering electronics and I'm pretty sure he has a vehicle on the floor already. I have a couple of more people coming in later who can do it." To which I followed up, "Yes, I can confirm. I'm covering the boat for a break and I just took a flat of plastics out to the floor. I'll get to that reshop, but it'll be awhile." And, then the most beautiful words ever from the TM scheduled for OPU who is normally hardlines, "Hey, I don't have any picks right now. I'll work on that reshop."

Yes, I know you all at the front want those carts cleared. But, can you at least charge a restocking fee or something?

Fortunately, my leads still have our back on the reshop madness. I was the only person in hardlines late this afternoon when inevitably the call came over the walkie "Hardlines, I have a full cart of C & D waiting for you. Who is coming up to get it?" Before I could even grab my walkie, my ETL answered, "Seasonaldude is the only one in hardlines right now. He's currently covering electronics and I'm pretty sure he has a vehicle on the floor already. I have a couple of more people coming in later who can do it." To which I followed up, "Yes, I can confirm. I'm covering the boat for a break and I just took a flat of plastics out to the floor. I'll get to that reshop, but it'll be awhile." And, then the most beautiful words ever from the TM scheduled for OPU who is normally hardlines, "Hey, I don't have any picks right now. I'll work on that reshop."

Yes, I know you all at the front want those carts cleared. But, can you at least charge a restocking fee or something?
Hey, we are just following instructions from our STL. If you tell us you only want one cart and then to call hardlines when it is full, we will do that. Another example of a policy you want us to follow and then no resources are allocated to implement the plan.

Any small formats with all seniors testing the new op model? I guess it doesn’t reall matter since there’s no etls but what does your org chart look like? Does the senior title still go away?

From what I have seen, you guys have a different title with the same paygrade and responsibility as sr. TL. I believe your actual title to be TgT Express TL.

Hey, we are just following instructions from our STL. If you tell us you only want one cart and then to call hardlines when it is full, we will do that. Another example of a policy you want us to follow and then no resources are allocated to implement the plan.

Suggestion for your reshop debacle. We took away carts completely and had metal racks built. We use totes and put the reshop in totes since the company doesn't want us using vehicles for reshop anymore. Label the totes to the areas and there you go. Everything still gets sorted and we don't use carts... We just used the metal racks that are out on the sales floor. I think they're sold in C. I can get you the DPCI later... we just req'd them out for 601

Suggestion for your reshop debacle. We took away carts completely and had metal racks built. We use totes and put the reshop in totes since the company doesn't want us using vehicles for reshop anymore. Label the totes to the areas and there you go. Everything still gets sorted and we don't use carts... We just used the metal racks that are out on the sales floor. I think they're sold in C. I can get you the DPCI later... we just req'd them out for 601
I just do not see them building metal racks to put the totes in where we have our reshop. There is a store near us that had something similar behind GS and they removed it. Personally, I thought it looked horrible.

I just do not see them building metal racks to put the totes in where we have our reshop. There is a store near us that had something similar behind GS and they removed it. Personally, I thought it looked horrible.
Ours is tucked back. However we have a lot of room so it doesn’t look tacky. We had a GS remodel where FA used to be so we have a crap load of space.

From my understanding, they will be phased out (at least in an official capacity). Everything that's not a specialty center (beauty, electronics, style) or food falls under "general merchandise" which will be one team. Hypothetically, though, you could have distinct teams within that unbrella title and people could continue on as usual. I'm curious, though, if they will require stores that had an overnight or 4am plano team to transition dayside.
Our Plano team hasnt been allowed to do overnights! Beauty reset this week and it was kind of a nightmare...

Our Plano team hasnt been allowed to do overnights! Beauty reset this week and it was kind of a nightmare...

Our store allows the plano team to do all major resets overnight.

We rarely go overnight for any resets. As long as someone (me) can make a very specific plan for how to execute the sets, overnights are not needed. But that is usually what throws teams off- not having someone who can figure out the logistics of these kind of sets. Figuring out what order to set the pogs and on which day, who should set which pogs, and how minimize guest impact can all affect the success of a big reset. It's not for everyone, but it can be done if you have enough of the right elements and people in place. Unfortunately, not all stores have that kind of luck.

My TL and backroom TL are the same person. Shes just learning Plano (because our P&P TL up and quit) and she’s turning the fixture room into a liability. So I kinda hate asking her questions and when I do she never has an answer.

Back