MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our store is constantly playing catchup each and every day. I run the unload and all P1 areas and my team is only scheduled 4 hours each shift and theyre expected to do their own workload, price change,research exf etc.... They usually have 4+ hours of truck push a day! This formula doesnt work with how many hours were given vs expectations. I had to set 8 SPL in OTC today that were due LAST WEEK, lets not even mention the rest of the store thats just getting tied off causing more issues...

Our store is constantly playing catchup each and every day. I run the unload and all P1 areas and my team is only scheduled 4 hours each shift and theyre expected to do their own workload, price change,research exf etc.... They usually have 4+ hours of truck push a day! This formula doesnt work with how many hours were given vs expectations. I had to set 8 SPL in OTC today that were due LAST WEEK, lets not even mention the rest of the store thats just getting tied off causing more issues...
I overheard an ETL tell his team that the hours are there to accomplish the work needed and it is their fault if it does not get completed on time.

img_0456-jpg.7291
View attachment 7290
Soo....nothing in there about inbound, backroom, ship from store, presentation/pricing....makes me wonder where all the current TL go ?

Last edited:
Soo....nothing in there about inbound, backroom, ship from store, presentation/pricing....makes me wonder where all the current TL go ?
This is for a base model store so 30-60M give or take. (Complete guess on those numbers). This is the one I looked up based of what I assume my store will be doing. My store currently has 13 TLs.

I wonder how long after full implementation it will take for this whole idea to crash and burn. Odds are good for "until Target goes bankrupt"

Success in well-staffed stores will probably keep it going longer than it should stick around, and by the time they figure out it isn't working everywhere there'll probably be a lot of firings, etc...

Last edited:
Low volume stores will feel the pain first and slowly succumb to the burden created. Then stores with operational issues will be next. It will definitely thin the herd.

What do you mean by "operational issues" exactly? Stores in bad locations/incompetent staff/not making enough money/etc?

Last edited:
What about the areas that aren't A&A, electronics, beauty, or grocery? Do those areas have a dedicated team too? They don't at my store. The same TMs push the truck in certain areas, but I'm not sure they're all consistent.

Back