MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone got the scoop on Food/Food Service?
High Volume Stores, Food Service Team Lead is just in charge of Starbucks/Cafe. The TL in a low volume store in my [old] district is also doing the same. And Market is handled by another TL. For TM, Starbucks is still just Starbucks and Cafe is still just Cafe. Unless they are already crossed trained or willing to be crossed trained.

They are. My STL gave me as much info as she could, basically the VM role will be more important than ever and we will essentially act as BPs in the stores. Which means all the crappy VMs, who do nothing and just walk around all day, will cease to be employed by Target.
BPs?

Anyone got an idea of what the schedule looks like for Presentation Experts? Do we still do early morning or are we roped into this mid-shift stuff?

Anyone got an idea of what the schedule looks like for Presentation Experts? Do we still do early morning or are we roped into this mid-shift stuff?
in all honesty it is most likely going to be up to each individual store's 'leadership' team on how the speciality teams will be handled and scheduled in this brave new world.

just no. this is so not even near reality in any actual working store. could you at least try to sound like you are from a store and not a corporate drone?
My store has been doing the same, its all about accountability. People who dont believe that change can work are the ones who are holding themselves and their stores back.

Yes people have one day where things work and next thing you know they are here saying how great the new process is. I was one that had to go through this during the busy times in the pilot and it's no picnic. It's out right impossible unless you keep throwing hours at it... Which we did. But now they are watching payroll like a hawk. Of course I'm still adding with out telling I guess that will be my ass when they find out. But hey if I don't it will be my ass anyway cause the work won't be getting done otherwise. It's a lose lose situation. On top of that your not even allowed to say it's not working or it's struggling. They either blame it on your TMs not working hard enough or you not leading good enough. It would also go down as you being resistant to the process if you question anything. We were told if you question the process you will be let go.

I'm lucky enough to be in one of the pilot stores too. I feel your pain.

Target's attitude towards it's own is just plain bizarre as in a 3rd world kinda way. This is a bad sign.

I've seen this before when one of the companies I worked for took on a new customer that it could not support. The new processes where way beyond the capabilities of the plant and those who worked there. You literally needed 4 weeks to meet a weeks worth of demand. It did not matter and dissenters were dealt with immediately.

The outcome was just plain horrible. I left before the doors closed. By the way it was a nation wide brand and part of the S&P top 100 at the time. I learned that no one is immune from stupid.

My store has been doing the same, its all about accountability. People who dont believe that change can work are the ones who are holding themselves and their stores back.

Just because you type it out doesn't make it true. Maybe what is holding stores back (you don't state from what) is a bad idea. If a few stores succeed with the new process but most struggle or outright fail, it may not be because people don't believe hard enough. You're stretching by assuming that.

Just because you type it out doesn't make it true. Maybe what is holding stores back (you don't state from what) is a bad idea. If a few stores succeed with the new process but most struggle or outright fail, it may not be because people don't believe hard enough. You're stretching by assuming that.

Especially because most people don't think everything about the idea of modernization sucks, it's just that if you bring up how certain parts of it aren't working and could be improved, you're branded as resistant to change, when you are literally suggesting how something can be changed for the better

Highest volume stores can have 4 S&E Leads, slower stores 3 or 2. It's gonna be fine. No GSA that I've known has ever actually promoted.

The team members need to feel empowered and make it right for the guest unless it's something unique that raises a red flag. Our Cashiers don't perform at that level because we have layed out a bad foundation. Cashiers in other retailers are top dogs and a privileged department. That's why we now have Advocates throughout, I think it's a good change.

I'm lucky enough to be in one of the pilot stores too. I feel your pain.

Target's attitude towards it's own is just plain bizarre as in a 3rd world kinda way. This is a bad sign.

I've seen this before when one of the companies I worked for took on a new customer that it could not support. The new processes where way beyond the capabilities of the plant and those who worked there. You literally needed 4 weeks to meet a weeks worth of demand. It did not matter and dissenters were dealt with immediately.

The outcome was just plain horrible. I left before the doors closed. By the way it was a nation wide brand and part of the S&P top 100 at the time. I learned that no one is immune from stupid.
I worked for a company they went down the drain, too, and the first stage was cutting expenses by taking everything possible away from employees, stage two was unrealistic expectations and severe understaffing. Truck unload time was changed, mid-shifts became the rule and employees were expected to push all day while taking care of customers and cashiering, but there were never enough people scheduled to complete the workload. Clearance backed up until the backroom was full, the floor was full, and there was no room for new merchandise on the floor, which was also left crammed in the backroom until it went clearance. The store looked like a hurricane hit it every day. There was no customer service, everyone scheduled was cashiering and even then customers had to wait in line forever to buy anything because there were so few cashiers. Customers couldn’t get what they wanted, got tired of the hassles and the mess, and took their business elsewhere. Took a couple of years for the company to go bust. Deja vu, Spot.

Interesting. We have track lights all thru softlines and I don't think it ever occurs to her that she should move them after every new VMG is set. I see the need all the time when I walk through softlines and see shadowed mannequins.

TBF it never occurs to store leadership to do lights at my store.

Highest volume stores can have 4 S&E Leads, slower stores 3 or 2. It's gonna be fine. No GSA that I've known has ever actually promoted.

The team members need to feel empowered and make it right for the guest unless it's something unique that raises a red flag. Our Cashiers don't perform at that level because we have layed out a bad foundation. Cashiers in other retailers are top dogs and a privileged department. That's why we now have Advocates throughout, I think it's a good change.

how's this work in Q4 when anyone with a pulse gets hired?

I'm still curious about the opening/closing piece. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if the GSTLs/Leads/whatever are mids and there are no GSAs, will they just rotate well-qualified cashiers to open/close until they bring everyone up to speed? (Having them come in, for example, 7:30-1 and 6-11:30 to avoid that sixth hour, thereby cutting payroll?) Are cashiers closing their own registers? Is GS closing the Service Desk registers? I know the GSTMs and Electronics TMs can close theirs, no problem. The idea of a few of our cashiers doing it makes me nervous.

I promoted from Cashier to GSA and now GSTL so it’s possible.

I busted my fucking ass off though.

Back