MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmm... wonder what the scheduling for the secondary TMs is like, 10-12 hours would be a nice little boost to my bread basket.

The two TL set up is ridiculous the amount of store each one is responsible for is too much. The next step will be cutting team leads down to 12 hours a week and still run this size of the store. Eventually we schedule nobody and we close for good. GG target

Well this should make things interesting, AGAIN.

Time to just move on.
That has literally been the goal for every store for decades. Every STL and ETL always want to spend 1 second less in payroll than the plan was - if they don't, they'll get chewed out by the DTL. The only difference is that some TLs will be on board with it now.

Note: they do not get a bigger bonus for spending 500 hours under the planned hours. Corporate says "hey you guys get to spend this many hours" (which is a skeleton crew). The STLs and ETLs look at this number and think it's not nearly enough to run a store, so they overspend in the first 2 or 3 weeks of the month, and then they go crazy in the last 2 weeks to try to cut as many hours as possible to get back to the original number that they were supposed to spend in the first place. They are not cutting hours for the sake of cutting hours. They don't get a bonus based on how many hours they cut. They just get a bonus for doing their job.

I'm surprised they're doing bonuses for TLs. I'd happily forfeit the $500 and take the extra payroll, but I don't have a choice in the matter anyway, which means my job does not get any easier or harder or even change at all, but I might get an extra $500 at the end of the year.

For every tl saying it's working at their store there are DOZENS saying it's not. Most stores will not work like this because the tl aren't willing to fight for it or stay working instead of deligating to get it in place. And the stl isn't giving shifts over 4.5hrs to just about anyone.

Case in point. This week I have two shifts at 8hrs each mon/tues. Plano then Plano/ signing. No hours are being given for ad prep but I'm expected to get it done. Even if I'm not the the days it gets delivered. 🙄
Next week I've got a full 40, two hours signing every day then Plano. Doesn't even make sense.

Wow. One of the first modernization things we did was move ad prep off to the individual areas. I'm not sure who organizes everything into the areas, but the DBOs come in on Sunday and grab the 7x11s and the smaller individual facing signs and go to their areas.

So hopefully if nothing else, that will be taken off of your plate soon.

Though maybe not because I'm not even getting my 40 anymore. Best I do is 36 and that's if I can pick up an inbound shift. Last 4 schedules have been 32hrs. Could be worse, but also I know that the full process hasn't taken hold yet since most of my shifts still say "Signing". Though it is an interesting sense of dread every week when the new schedule comes out - wondering if I'm going to see Signing, Presentation or the day I'm really dreading- 6 days/24hrs of inbound.

The two TL set up is ridiculous the amount of store each one is responsible for is too much. The next step will be cutting team leads down to 12 hours a week and still run this size of the store. Eventually we schedule nobody and we close for good. GG target
TL here scheduled 30 hrs., must use vacation time to keep average hours up to maintain health insurance for my family.

With Modernization, Tell me How is anyone's store handling the Baby Hardlines Freight? I find that mgnt hasn't decided operationally to hand it off from the softlines person that owns both BbBg and NIT....
Yes someone on the inbound team will be doing diapers, food, strollers etc. but not the rest.
If anyone has the corporate bible for Modernization for that piece, could you PLEASE!! share?
I do it all and am drowning.

Well, they are certainly on that path...

Current TLs are guaranteed 32 hours as per their job offers, at least that’s how it was when I took my role in late 2017, which I believe are legally considered a contract. Anyone getting less than that should remind their ETL, ETL HR, and STL about it and if blown off, ask the HRBP and then the hotline.

Back