MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is there still going to be an inbound team whose job it is to unload the truck and sort the boxes onto vehicles or is that being phased out as well and just random hardlines team members get pulled off the floor that day to unload? I've heard that inbound will only do the truck then go home. I've heard that they'll unload and push freight. I've heard that the unload will start at 10am and be a daylong process. I've heard it's going anyway entirely but not quite sure how items will get off the truck if there isn't a team to do it.

What did they say?
New Store Bonus Program:
TLs are eligible for bonus based on store performance (Yearly sales/payroll)

$250 when you do not meet your goal
$500 when either sales OR payroll goal is met
$1000 when sales AND payroll are met
$1500 when payroll & sales are met by 5%+

Tls who transfer, promote, or demote will be pro-rated for bonus. Must be hired into tl position prior to Q4 for eligibility. If on LOA over 10months you lose your payout. If on CA at all during the year lead will be reviewed by HR/Leaders to assess eligibility. Bonuses will be issued April 2020

New Store Bonus Program:

Tls who transfer, promote, or demote will be pro-rated for bonus. Must be hired into tl position prior to Q4 for eligibility. If on LOA over 10months you lose your payout. If on CA at all during the year lead will be reviewed by HR/Leaders to assess eligibility. Bonuses will be issued April 2020

And here is another reason to NEVER EVER fill in for a tl when they are on vacation or out on leave. But you have to prove yourself. I don't. I don't want to promote. But you're the one with the most experience. Then offer me a temporary pay increase.

New Store Bonus Program:

Is that annually? Tbh I expected it to be more...the friends I know working at Wal-Mart now usually make $550+ quarterly and they're just associates.

Is that annually? Tbh I expected it to be more...the friends I know working at Wal-Mart now usually make $550+ quarterly and they're just associates.
"The plan is for the 2019 fiscal year(Feb'19-Jan'20) with payouts in April '20"

From what I'm told, those in PG35 will be bumped to PG45 as well. Not sure of time frame or how much of an increase that would be.

From what I'm told, those in PG35 will be bumped to PG45 as well. Not sure of time frame or how much of an increase that would be.
Do you mean PG40 bumped up to PG45? Also, the requirements for the $1500 bonus are slightly off. You need to meet the sales goal by 5% and meet the payroll goal; payroll does not have to be 5%.

At my store, the flow team are being transitioned into "sorting experts." Anyone who is on the line, or pushed repacks is now considered a sorting expert. They made it very clear to us that sorting experts will only be on the line and then push repacks (or do softlines breakout), and people who aren't sorting experts are not to touch repacks at all. Is this happening at anyone else's store? I haven't read anything about it in this thread yet, but I very well may have missed it since I didn't read all 226 pages of posts. Was just curious because it seems to go against the process of everyone being assigned an area and sticking to that, since sorting experts will still be all over the place.

With 226 pages I am lazy did anyone post the tl "schedules" suggested schedules? Or does anyone have a copy of them.. I'm mostly interested in GM tl 2

7... 8... 🤯
That’s insane. And frankly a joke imo. But the closing expert would be a set position, like closing TL. Depending on your stores volume, you may have between 1-3 closing experts. They (the closing experts) along with the closing TL would come in 330-close, Monday-Friday.
Find me where this is said in print please. I’m being made to believe my closers will have the same shit 4 hour shifts they do now

Is there still going to be an inbound team whose job it is to unload the truck and sort the boxes onto vehicles or is that being phased out as well and just random hardlines team members get pulled off the floor that day to unload? I've heard that inbound will only do the truck then go home. I've heard that they'll unload and push freight. I've heard that the unload will start at 10am and be a daylong process. I've heard it's going anyway entirely but not quite sure how items will get off the truck if there isn't a team to do it.
There will still be a sort team mostly made up of old flow team or new people. They usually have 4-6 hour shifts and their only job is to sort the truck and once finished they either support other areas or go home. Sales floor owners should have no part in sort process unless needed.

Do you mean PG40 bumped up to PG45? Also, the requirements for the $1500 bonus are slightly off. You need to meet the sales goal by 5% and meet the payroll goal; payroll does not have to be 5%.
Yes my bad..meant pg40. My guess is that will happen around 5/25 seeing as when I checked my pg on workday I saw a "plan assignment" had been listed as merit pay under "store hourly 40/45 merit plan" and will end that date. Interesting.

Yes my bad..meant pg40. My guess is that will happen around 5/25 seeing as when I checked my pg on workday I saw a "plan assignment" had been listed as merit pay under "store hourly 40/45 merit plan" and will end that date. Interesting.

What jobs are pg40 now? It was my understanding that they were eliminating the lowest and bumping them up to whatever the experts are now.

What jobs are pg40 now? It was my understanding that they were eliminating the lowest and bumping them up to whatever the experts are now.
We were talking about how PG40 is going to be bumped to PG45..atleast that's what I've seen on Reddit.

Is beauty, electronics, apparel pg40 now?
Oh jesus lord no. I think a lot of people underappreciate the work these work centers have to do but by no means do we deserve to make $3-4 over every other TM in the store when we're just TM's ourselves.

Also saw the compensation change in workday with an end date of 5/25/2019 described as store hourly 40/45 merit plan.

Wondering if since the job codes don’t change in workday until May going into June, but our review raises are effective next week(?), if that just means we get our review raise and earn that rate until 5/25, after which we switch to PG45 and new job codes.

Find me where this is said in print please. I’m being made to believe my closers will have the same shit 4 hour shifts they do now
While I’d love to find it in print, all I have is this. I’ll try and look tomorrow when I go in, but it may be my store that’s going to have closing experts from 330 to close. I will look tomorrow though. 9F6C8684-B627-4B7A-8D9F-CCE2CFEA318C.jpeg 19FA89C6-4C3B-41DA-B0A8-BCA082B06BB5.jpeg

Also saw the compensation change in workday with an end date of 5/25/2019 described as store hourly 40/45 merit plan.

Wondering if since the job codes don’t change in workday until May going into June, but our review raises are effective next week(?), if that just means we get our review raise and earn that rate until 5/25, after which we switch to PG45 and new job codes.

Saw the merit plan as well... and yes, I think our raises are currently in effect and we should see it on the next check.

I'd bet money we'll get "screwed" and our merit raises will get wiped out by the PG40 -> PG45 bump (and I'd almost bet even more money it doesn't go up since it's $1.75 over base pay.)

Back