MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So hours haven’t really been cut too much at our store. Many are still getting a full 40 hours and others are getting between 30-36. Should we expect more cuts to come after pay goes to $13?

So hours haven’t really been cut too much at our store. Many are still getting a full 40 hours and others are getting between 30-36. Should we expect more cuts to come after pay goes to $13?
ASANTS. Maybe the rest of us have more employees than hours to go around. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I would say that's the case at my store, yet I keep seeing new faces around here.
Well we use to only have 4.5 people, in electronics. 4 of us got full time hours, and one got part time. It worked for all of us. Then they hired two more people. Fast forward to current times we now have 7 people that actively work in electronics and 3 back ups. 4 hour shifts are the norm, unless you’re closing. Instead of two people working a day, you end up with 3. Most everyone has open availability but no one is working more than 22 hours a week, with at least 3 people usually being scheduled 12 hours.

So instead of current GSA's acting like cashiering is beneath them, the opposite is happening at my store...cashiers are getting trained in everything else and it's gone to a couple of their heads, and they're acting like cashiering is beneath them. I'm finding it somewhat hilarious overhearing the cashiers complaining, but wow. You're all equal, it's not a supervisor role, and you're not getting a pay bump. Calm down.

Everyone at my store has been told, but we still have no date even to officially start training. I wish they’d get on with it, because the atmosphere up front is very tense.

supervisor role without supervisor bread

Can't coach, can't give reviews though. Have supervisor numbers and boss everyone around? Sure.

One time I interviewed for GSA back in the day. Was told they didn't want me because I'd leave as soon as I got a teaching job. I outlasted three GSAs hired after my interview by the time I quit.

Just curious, is there a way to tell what store the district office is in? Thinking of the stores around here, I think it would be in the highest volume store

Just curious, is there a way to tell what store the district office is in? Thinking of the stores around here, I think it would be in the highest volume store
All I know is the one for my store is not the next state over but the one next to it.

Back