MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You’re not into modernization yet and you only have until September to get there. Sucks to be you.
I thought we would be there by now but they are really dragging their feet. LOD or no, doesn't really matter to me, but we have not been told to stop using the term, so LOD it is for now.

I am still waiting impatiently for the new phone system app - my store better be all over this and soon!

Oh boy, today we were told they don't want DBOs in each department, they will have 1 person per block in the morning, someone in the mid to do price change and stuff, and then zone defenders. Which means I'm losing another position that I liked to get thrown into something else. I'm so fucking over it. I liked my department, I was fixing things and getting into a groove and now they want to move me again. Plus they want to put me in A and B block. I told them before I can't do chemicals or beauty because I have sensitive skin, allergies, and asthma and being in that area all day is going to make me into an itchy, wheezy mess. At least on the newest schedule I'm back in fulfillment for a week, but who knows where after that.

Plus they want to put me in A and B block. I told them before I can't do chemicals or beauty because I have sensitive skin, allergies, and asthma and being in that area all day is going to make me into an itchy, wheezy mess. At least on the newest schedule I'm back in fulfillment for a week, but who knows where after that.

Get a doctor's note. That would be an easy accomodation for Spot.

Oh boy, today we were told they don't want DBOs in each department, they will have 1 person per block in the morning, someone in the mid to do price change and stuff, and then zone defenders. Which means I'm losing another position that I liked to get thrown into something else. I'm so fucking over it. I liked my department, I was fixing things and getting into a groove and now they want to move me again. Plus they want to put me in A and B block. I told them before I can't do chemicals or beauty because I have sensitive skin, allergies, and asthma and being in that area all day is going to make me into an itchy, wheezy mess. At least on the newest schedule I'm back in fulfillment for a week, but who knows where after that.

Like one person in A block? one person in B block? wtf?

like to see freight ever get finished. How would that work for the truck unload?

Like one person in A block? one person in B block? wtf?

like to see freight ever get finished. How would that work for the truck unload?
I have no idea. We were getting a visit today and it sounded like this was coming from district level or something. But honestly, leadership sounds as clueless about it as we are. But my interpretation was one person per A, B, C, etc...
How on earth will that work??

I have no idea. We were getting a visit today and it sounded like this was coming from district level or something. But honestly, leadership sounds as clueless about it as we are. But my interpretation was one person per A, B, C, etc...
How on earth will that work??

This sounds like backsliding on Modernization. R.I.P. your leads.

Wow, truck would never get done at my store with that mess. We have like 15 DBOs and they still don't get everything done because being shafted on hours.

This A,B,C blocking is happening at my store too, because of the loss of so many team members. We haven’t had anyone maintaining bedding, bath, pets, or sporting goods for over a month. My leadership told the toy DBO he needed to take ownership of the sporting goods area because of his proximity to it, and he quit this week.

I’m the only presentation expert at my store and I still do signing, kind of. I was the only person who set this weeks sales planners. At least no one is coached anymore, you can’t have any sort of accountability when you don’t even have enough people to run a store.

ha that would just get them queued them up for being performanced out.
Depends on leadership. I couldn't lift, push or pull any significant weight for somewhere around 6 months, which meant no big baby stuff, and they had no problem with assigning me in a way that didn't violate my doctor's note.

Oh and on top of the no DBO stuff we were told we have been scheduled for too many hours and are taking too long to push. I've been coming clean, but I know the poor toys and sporting goods people are buried. They seem to think they are giving us too many hours according to their computer. The next few weeks are going to be a shit show.

Without a POG team there have been so many POGs that have expired recently. I had two in my area but thankfully the new ones were the exact same so I was able to tie it without any issue. However, I didn't realize another two end caps were going clearance until I was pushing the product today and MyWork showed clearance. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow in addition to my push

Forgot this is in my last post. Rumor has it that there is an HQ visit coming to my store in the near future. This should be interesting

I’m guessing the difference between the stores drowning and stores doing ok, is tl and etl involvement.
Each of our tls pushes some freight every day. The priority 3 tl pulls batches a lot since his people are scheduled too close to noon or later. Our gm and style etls are on the floor every day either setting something, pushing a few tubs of clearance, puts up white pc labels, or remerchandising something. Our front etl is schmoozing, hops on, immediately responds to the Serv desk, etc. the only time they spend offstage is around lunch time or when the SD needs help writing the schedule.

I wish all stores leadership would get busy!

My store is mixed. We have 3 or 4 TL’s and 2 ETL’s that truly bust ass every single day and then 4 or 5 TL’s and 1 ETL in particular that mossy around and don’t do much of anything but get onto hard working team members about knit picky things that truly don’t matter whenever we have mountains of work in the back, our back rooms and receiving is constantly backed up and the remodel team uses all of the vehicles that’s just sit there. No time, no space, no resources. Every single day is a stress test. There is one simple solution that’s only two words. OVER NIGHT. Plain and simple. Everything could be solved and the dominoes can be picked up from Cornell bullshit

My store is mixed. We have 3 or 4 TL’s and 2 ETL’s that truly bust ass every single day and then 4 or 5 TL’s and 1 ETL in particular that mossy around and don’t do much of anything but get onto hard working team members about knit picky things that truly don’t matter whenever we have mountains of work in the back, our back rooms and receiving is constantly backed up and the remodel team uses all of the vehicles that’s just sit there. No time, no space, no resources. Every single day is a stress test. There is one simple solution that’s only two words. OVER NIGHT. Plain and simple. Everything could be solved and the dominoes can be picked up from Cornell bullshit
But guests don’t shop overnight. I’m sure it stems from all the surveys that made the claim that
‘They couldn’t find a tm’ when our payroll was huge because most of the team were NOT working WHILE the GUEST was there.
Don’t beat me up on this , but: I love modernization in theory, HOWEVER, it SHOULD use MORE payroll than the past operating model because ALL tasks take LONGER when we are open!

And I agree, ALL hands on deck, doing something that moves us forward. Watching is not participating.

No guest do not shop overnight but that’s exactly my point. Were the shelves stocked? Were the end caps and planograms set? Was the signing up to date? Were the back rooms clean? Yes, yes, yes and yes. And I agree we should take more payroll and just have more people scheduled during the day to help guest. Guest don’t like coming into a store we’re every isle has someone pushing freight in it. They are annoyed, we are annoyed and it’s a big freaking mess. I’m not going to beat you up on it because there are some (not many percs to modernization. But you are seriously tripping if you think ultra high volume stores with a minimum 8 trucks a week can operate efficiently without an overnight team.

There is one simple solution that’s only two words. OVER NIGHT.
^This. 100%. The store should be guest ready when it opens and that requires an efficient overnight process. With the hour cuts, the guests still can’t find a TM to help them on the sales floor because there are too few people scheduled, and guests hate it when they see the lone TM in an area performing tasks and not helping them. Blocked aisles, u-boats everywhere and empty shelves are not inviting to guests. Spot cut overnight to save money, not realizing, or perhaps not caring, that it would cost them sales and guests, too.

^This. 100%. The store should be guest ready when it opens and that requires an efficient overnight process. With the hour cuts, the guests still can’t find a TM to help them on the sales floor because there are too few people scheduled, and guests hate it when they see the lone TM in an area performing tasks and not helping them. Blocked aisles, u-boats everywhere and empty shelves are not inviting to guests. Spot cut overnight to save money, not realizing, or perhaps not caring, that it would cost them sales and guests, too.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Stepping over dollar bills to pick up nickels. Efficiency and stocked shelves drive sales. Not merch siting in the back untouched because we have no time because spot is so obsessed harassing guest if they need help and with the zone or sorry “brand” and less with us actually completing the push which is the bottom line of sales.

Back