MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So the latest directive across the company seems to be that Zoning should now be the very first thing DBO's do when they get in, if the zone isn't green, then it's red. It seems too many stores brand has been terrible. (Surprising, I know).

Let's see how this goes.

Yeah because everyone knows it’s practical to spend precious time when the store is closed zoning. Especially in an area like toys where the zone will last not even an hour when we open. Then wait until the store is open to push big boxes of freight so we can be right in the guest way and have the hazard of a bunch of small children running around. Because everyone knows children and parents are respectful of a zone and put everything right back perfectly where it belongs. Also it’s totally fair to have a district visit and grade people on their “brand” after the store has been open for 6 hours just so they can be told they are not zoning even though they have zoned the same few items 3 times that day. It’s not like the DBO’s aren’t already doing a lot right? I mean they already come in at the most inconvenient time, Unload a truck, pull auto fill/ 1 for 1, push pulls, push freight, do abandons, back stock, help guest, answer phones, defect merchandise, do trash/ make bails, do price change, fill/ set end caps, audit and EXF, print labels and flex clearance ext... naw the 4 am people still don’t have enough to do so why not have them walk into a train wreck brand everyday.

My ETL tried to tell me finding abandoned softlines all over domestics was the result of a power outage the night before. Um, no. It is like this every morning, every day and has been for months. I know my area, dude. Guests at night (mostly bored suburb teenagers) are pigs and don't give a shit about the mess they leave (sometimes intentionally). So please, tell me again how we don't need anyone in GM 2 in the evenings and it's ok to find a cart's worth of abandons every day.

If they could just do what I like to refer to as a 'end of night drive by' that would be awesome. Kinda like a quick run through to grab the abandons bring to gs to be sorted team can handle their reshop in the a.m.

If they could just do what I like to refer to as a 'end of night drive by' that would be awesome. Kinda like a quick run through to grab the abandons bring to gs to be sorted team can handle their reshop in the a.m.

That would be amazing. Doesn't make sense to grab abandons from GS in the morning to work out and as you work them, refill the cart with new abandons that you bring back up to GS. Because now, your abandons are refilled again from someone else doing the same and you have to make another run to work those out too.

Target Run. One and Done, Target. Hello!?

I was trying to pull the clearance on back to school. Only got about 1/5 through and was still skeptical it would fit on the few shelves we still have for it. I still made it work but those sections are going to disappear fast.

How is it that ePick, the app integral to Target's business strategy, is so fucking unstable? Once a week, there's some issue with it crashing.

do I hear the the call for

prolly should start a new mega sticky thread "Global Issues - It's a turned to 💩" or just "💩" would also work

Sorry just wanted to type the 💩 emoji again. Such a pleasant little guy. Looks so happy.

Just stopped by my local store. They seem to be keeping up well, especially since all of Halloween appears to be set with nearly full shelves. Then I saw this mother's day backer or whatever it's called up in stationary. The Target I do my shopping at already has the new one up that comes after summer

Attachments

• 20190923_200240.jpg
    20190923_200240.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
Target Community Facebook page is on fire today ..

tr1.png

tr3.png

tr4.png

Target Community Facebook page is on fire today ..

tr1.png

tr3.png

tr4.png

Damn..

I wonder what that store's back room looks like. Some of the commenters seem to think it must be empty and unused.

It's not large. I've been there.. Larger than my stores backroom but they have to push out uboats to be able to unload, no where to stage stuff while they are unloading..

Complaining to corporate on social media is effective in only that they will answer with a boilerplate statement and come down on that store's management. The only thing that will initiate real change throughout the chain is for people to stop shopping at Target. But, then we TMs will loose more hours, so...

Back