MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The average at my store is now 9 hours a week, spread over 3 shifts. Y'all really out here doing this for 40 bucks after tax??? I'm really gonna have some questions if it gets to be year of our Lord 2020 and I see even one familiar face in there

There's maybe 6 people here from 3 years ago. The old timers are almost entirely gone.

How in the hell can they justify 3 hour shifts?

The running joke at our store has become we don't call them "new hires"or "seasonal hires" we call them "(january) replacements". The people we hire today will have slightly longer to train than those in the past. And will start right off the bat with modernization, blissfully ignorant. So they will make good replacements for any who can't keep up with modernization 100% (or so corp. thinks)

I found my Target TM bame badge that they never took back when I left earlier this year. Might dress up as a team member for halloween. Unrealistic expectations, reduced hours, leaders who don't stand up for you, lack of training... I feel like all this is some scary stuff

wow Target Community Facebook page ...

today
i luve Matt Baker's comment ... it's like employees play hide & seek .....

Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-5-55-08-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-5-55-34-PM.png

The sad part about that is I think he seems to think it’s the employees’ fault...

It does. That's the bummer about being the guest facing representation of the company as a whole. It's not like Target's going to respond to these comments with "Hi, thanks for reaching out! We have no idea what we are doing and are just faking it, hoping none of you notice. Can you let us know the location where this occurred so we can let management know they are not doing a good job being covert in this matter?"

Last edited:
Modernization Issue # 397: One call out can sink a department now. One cashier in the morning misses a shift, and suddenly you only have one lane or just self check out available for several hours resulting in angry Karen posts on the official Facebook page. One call out on for truck unload can drastically slow everything down. One call out from a morning DBO and that 1 for 1 probably isn't getting done that day, meaning it will be huge the following day, backing up all the freight for the department as well. We aren't as able to adapt to changing circumstances anymore. The cuts to payroll have made us increasingly inflexible.

Obviously this is the fault of the employees! If they just never got sick, could handle 3x the workload and would be willing to work 7, 2.5 hour shifts per week, modernization would work perfectly! YOU'RE GETTING AN EXTRA DOLLAR NOW, AFTER ALL

Everything is easy at Target as long as your trained right for it but what is training anymore? Everyones mentality is fked up with the changes.

As would I, but it's a bit harder to fully conceptualize to your average cnn.com reading non-employee the ripple effect of cutting a team like plano or price change really has.
I just recently started doing pricing in the area that I am usually assigned, simply because no one else was doing it and so I just figured, guess it's going to be me. I asked a fellow TM where to find the new markdown info on the zebra and got busy. I told my TL and she was thrilled and thanked me.

I am flabbergasted by this though. Why was I not called into an office and told literally ANYTHING about DBOs, pricing, Modernization? Why did I have to find out any and all information on this forum? My leaders are not bad people, in fact they are probably too nice if anything, but why such a glaring lack of communication? If it wasn't for TBR I would be completely lost regarding these changes.

So my store was a pilot store last year and 4th quarter was a complete shit show. 14 trucks a week starting at 4 am hurt us so bad that we had to go back overnight in early December because there was no space to even walk in the back room. Slowly but surely after going back overnight everything started to 180 (imagine that 🙄) anyways it’s almost been a whole year and I’ve had nightmares all year about how idiotic and backwards that time period was but glad we learned that does not work at all and we will do anything to prevent that this year right? Wrong... talked to my SD today about the time we will be starting the process and how practical it would be to be overnight and he said “absolutely not. No way no how”.... bruh... I’m seriously never been closer to quitting. We are not ready for the storm

So my store was a pilot store last year and 4th quarter was a complete shit show. 14 trucks a week starting at 4 am hurt us so bad that we had to go back overnight in early December because there was no space to even walk in the back room. Slowly but surely after going back overnight everything started to 180 (imagine that 🙄) anyways it’s almost been a whole year and I’ve had nightmares all year about how idiotic and backwards that time period was but glad we learned that does not work at all and we will do anything to prevent that this year right? Wrong... talked to my SD today about the time we will be starting the process and how practical it would be to be overnight and he said “absolutely not. No way no how”.... bruh... I’m seriously never been closer to quitting. We are not ready for the storm
That's what I heard about overtime last time. The closer we got to Christmas the more O/T was being paid out.

Back