2023 New pilots?

How is everyone in the pilot dividing up hours with so much presentation workload here recently?
I use my assignment sheets to map out the hours. Whatever hours are left are for the other teams. I only have 3 consistent presentation TMs so everyone else I have does the other duties & learns pog as we have time

I recall always being annoyed at the salesfloor teams way back when I was a backroom tm. If you don't own the whole process tms can get lazy and send backstock back that should really go out, not check endcaps, or not change salesfloor quantities so that items come back out in the pulls. I'm not entirely sure how the backroom team operates rn as I'm not in a pilot store but I imagine the old problems would show back up.
YES this is my biggest issue with the gm team right now & get mad when I challenge it but my backroom team is going to have to touch it 4 times if I don’t 😅

Are your items located in backroom locations that are coded as casestock? If it's in a casestock location and a case of X item is 12, it'll tell you to pull 12 regardless of if it only needs 4 on the floor.
Ours is openstock throughout... supposed to be caseless backroom...if sfc sfq are not audited correctly during pogs the closers are screwed. Pulling redundancies is job security but also mind effing at the thoughtless ness of the predecessor who didn't set correctly... aka actually complete the pog so closer isn't pulling to fit 117 each es in a space for 5.

Ours is openstock throughout... supposed to be caseless backroom...if sfc sfq are not audited correctly during pogs the closers are screwed. Pulling redundancies is job security but also mind effing at the thoughtless ness of the predecessor who didn't set correctly... aka actually complete the pog so closer isn't pulling to fit 117 each es in a space for 5.
IMHO caseless does not work. it never has and it never will. that and those bloody moving racks in the backroom will be the death of Target

I recall always being annoyed at the salesfloor teams way back when I was a backroom tm. If you don't own the whole process tms can get lazy and send backstock back that should really go out, not check endcaps, or not change salesfloor quantities so that items come back out in the pulls. I'm not entirely sure how the backroom team operates rn as I'm not in a pilot store but I imagine the old problems would show back up.
I find while it makes a little extra backstock, it drastically decreases overpush. Now that they don’t have to backstock it they don’t overpush as much. I’d rather it be backstock on accident and located than overpushed and a disaster

I find while it makes a little extra backstock, it drastically decreases overpush. Now that they don’t have to backstock it they don’t overpush as much. I’d rather it be backstock on accident and located than overpushed and a disaster
That's possible. I didn't find that to be the case way back when we had a backroom team, but freight is managed far better now then it was before.

This sounds like a lazy truck pusher. Caseless has solved so many issues that we used.to see in the backroom. Incorrect quantities, empty boxes, etc
There are exceptions to both. Excessive freight isn't always controlled and is good to backstock in casepack. We've been told to go back to have cases over 6 feet in my district. Smaller backrooms and more sales equals more freight and less places to put it. So imo be as caseless as ypu can be and smart about what you bacstock in a full case and you will have a much easier time managing inventory.

That's possible. I didn't find that to be the case way back when we had a backroom team, but freight is managed far better now then it was before.
I mean who knows if that’s how it’ll work but typically I see people over pushing because they don’t want to backstock it but if they don’t have to backstock anymore it might help the issue

I mean who knows if that’s how it’ll work but typically I see people over pushing because they don’t want to backstock it but if they don’t have to backstock anymore it might help the issue
They do this at our store. Backstocking is included in that little sticker that says how much time they want you to take, so people have to find shortcuts where they can.

There are exceptions to both. Excessive freight isn't always controlled and is good to backstock in casepack. We've been told to go back to have cases over 6 feet in my district. Smaller backrooms and more sales equals more freight and less places to put it. So imo be as caseless as ypu can be and smart about what you bacstock in a full case and you will have a much easier time managing inventory.
We are majority caseless, but if corporate floods us with 219837645 cases of the same product, we're backstocking it in the casepack and sweeping at first opportunity. It's not even a district thing, just a common sense thing.

Ours is openstock throughout... supposed to be caseless backroom
Our was until very recently. Going back to the old way of having the bottom shelves for case stock.
That means I lose a lot of waco space which is unfortunate because I get way more product in repacks for OTC. And what comes in case packs is usually opened to put part of the case on the shelf. Very, very little stays in cases.
But I did get in two little cases of Musinex the other day, 6 bottles in each case - didn't need to open the second one so I backstocked a little bitty case on the bottom shelf. Any guesses for how long it'll take for someone else to shove it back so far I won't be able to reach it without laying on the floor? Someone else can have that task.
So stupid that someone in Minneapolis, who doesn't really have a clue about what my back stock is like, thinks they know what my back room space should look like. Can't wait for toothbrushes and lip balms to start sliding out of the open-front wacos.

caseless makes sense in a few Depts.
Worked great for OTC and Personal Care. I leave cases intact when I get 10 of the same product, but that's rare. Or when I'm getting lots of new product for transitions. Otherwise, there a very few cases left unopened after pushing truck.

Does it work out so there is enough hours for everything to get done?
So far, almost! The biggest dept that got FUCKED at first was closing. since no ETL really oversees it, its just an overall disconnect.

Its gotten better now, but specifically beauty really got the short end of the stick. their entire dept is extremely neglected now :\

IMHO caseless does not work. it never has and it never will. that and those bloody moving racks in the backroom will be the death of Target
I freaking hate casepacks. Whats the point of them?

We are not an official pilot district, but we eliminated all GM DBOs after Christmas. We also selected a few team members who now focus specifically on pricing and/or POG every day.

Overall, our store continues to struggle, and I'm not optimistic that going to back to old processes is going to change that. Our store culture has become fudging metrics to make the store look green, like manually keying in the OHs for all suspect audit tasks, or pulling priorities all day but not actually pushing them. Meanwhile, it's become normal for us to roll some 50 vehicles of truck, while at the same time having 30+ shopping carts and 2-3 Zs of reshop (because our 40-foot wall of reshop bins is already full). I wish I were kidding. Add to that 10-15 full skids of repacks that have been sitting under the steel since February, or the shelf spaces sitting empty in Easter when we still have 16 candy skids still wrapped up in the steel.

It doesn't help that I'm on my 5th ETL-GM in less than 2 years. :rolleyes:

Was just told Friday that my store will be bringing back a pricing team and pog team. Guess that dbo thing didn't work out huh? We have dbos that never learned how to pricing or set. We have tls that don't know how to read a schematic to set pegs.
I see your TL and raise you an ETL.

they do not know how to read a pick label, a schematic and only having hazy ability to read backroom locations.

Back