2023 New pilots?

We're pulling all except Food and Beverage. We pull A&A too. Thing that is killing us is our Store Director wants us to work the pulls too and hit >95% PF. But the difference in effort from hitting 70% PF% and 95% PF% is the difference between getting Price Change, or [insert other tasks here] done well and not. I don't mind working the Pulls. I actually prefer it, but we just need the hours to account for that.

I don't know about the other stores, but our approximately 300+ hours per schedule includes Presentation workload. Subtract that out, and it doesn't leave much time for anything else.

We're pulling all except Food and Beverage. We pull A&A too. Thing that is killing us is our Store Director wants us to work the pulls too and hit >95% PF. But the difference in effort from hitting 70% PF% and 95% PF% is the difference between getting Price Change, or [insert other tasks here] done well and not. I don't mind working the Pulls. I actually prefer it, but we just need the hours to account for that.

I don't know about the other stores, but our approximately 300+ hours per schedule includes Presentation workload. Subtract that out, and it doesn't leave much time for anything else.
That's no problem here! Out of our 74 hours of baby transition, they only scheduled 48 hours. Them pulled 2 of those people. So yeah, not finished. Don't know where all those hours went.

Pilot has gotten better ngl. I just do kinda miss the ownership of tech and beauty tho. If you ask me, tech and beauty should have been kept the same but having backroom teams helps a TON.

Pilot has gotten better ngl. I just do kinda miss the ownership of tech and beauty tho. If you ask me, tech and beauty should have been kept the same but having backroom teams helps a TON.
Yeah, I started in 2016 or so and even I could see how helpful they were. We were still backstocking right off the truck back then. Then they decided everyone should do backstock and backroom, oh and no more cardboard guy, and...sigh.

Last edited:
Yeah, I started in 2016 or so and even I could see how helpful they were. We were still backstocking right off the truck back then. Then they decided everyone should do backstock and backroom, oh and no more cardboard guy, and...sigh.
yeah all i do now is push. it’s really funny bc my new ETL HATES the tech dept. like she helped one guest and was soooooo confused LMAO. I think that gave us more respect a lil LOL

new ETL HATES the tech dept. like she helped one guest and was soooooo confused LMAO. I think that gave us more respect a lil LOL
Similar thing with my DU team. The route we have to temporarily take (so we have the rfid door) is a lot longer than the main one. They understand when they need help they really need it because we have a handful of double tappers that come frequently or because the route is longer so we need help keeping it under 3 minutes.

People say that all the time they are like "You do NOTHING in tech all day!", until they cover in tech and they are like WTF...
too real lmao. she legit was one of those "IF I RAN TECH THIS IS WHAT I WOULD CHANGE" and surprisingly she hasn't changed much *knock on wood*. I dislike my new ETL compared to my old ones ngl.

Regardless, She usually gives us busy work "fill this endcap, push this, do that" but when she leaves its just business as usual lol.

Any other stores with the pilot have friction between GM and the team in the backroom? It just doesn't make sense to put those two areas on different teams when they are like hand and glove. It makes as much sense as putting the fitting room under GM.

Any other stores with the pilot have friction between GM and the team in the backroom? It just doesn't make sense to put those two areas on different teams when they are like hand and glove. It makes as much sense as putting the fitting room under GM.
I recall always being annoyed at the salesfloor teams way back when I was a backroom tm. If you don't own the whole process tms can get lazy and send backstock back that should really go out, not check endcaps, or not change salesfloor quantities so that items come back out in the pulls. I'm not entirely sure how the backroom team operates rn as I'm not in a pilot store but I imagine the old problems would show back up.

I recall always being annoyed at the salesfloor teams way back when I was a backroom tm. If you don't own the whole process tms can get lazy and send backstock back that should really go out, not check endcaps, or not change salesfloor quantities so that items come back out in the pulls. I'm not entirely sure how the backroom team operates rn as I'm not in a pilot store but I imagine the old problems would show back up.
I think the thing is that lot of stores already have these issues despite having the end to end process. At least with process teams existing again there's triggers you can pull easily to determine who/what the cause is, like challenging backstock for example.

i think we’ve just been having issues with truck push. i stg they don’t listen. we’ve told multiple ETLs. Multiple TLs.

for context: Our Regional AP person said no apple products on the floor. our AP ETL talked to them and they agreed that we can have one of each item in the cabinet.

Later we got a new ETL and he lets us put 5 of each airpod in the cabinet. but 1 of everything else. overnight stuffs the cabinet to the point that you cannot put anything else in. Told our AP ETL. Overnight ETL. GM ETL. SD even at one point. and one of the people who pushes tech

Last edited:
Why do we have 12 pallets of paper in the steel?? Floor is filled risers too. We get about 10 trucks a week. Our back room is over flowing with back stock.

This still happens at my store and we haven't yet reverted to the old, task-specific team format yet. There's someone who pushes late evening pulls in my area who consistently doesn't check for second locations and crams in product in one location only, leaves a cart of partially pushed product in an aisle, overstocks dramatically instead of taking it back again. (We've been having some problems recently with the system prompting way too much of some products to be pulled - anyone else? Things like a floor capacity of 4 with no secondary location and being prompted to pull 12 - totally off the wall.)
A store is always going to have a TM or two or more who are just plain lazy and/or jerks. Just wish it was someone who didn't have a direct impact on my area.

(We've been having some problems recently with the system prompting way too much of some products to be pulled - anyone else? Things like a floor capacity of 4 with no secondary location and being prompted to pull 12 - totally off the wall.)
Are your items located in backroom locations that are coded as casestock? If it's in a casestock location and a case of X item is 12, it'll tell you to pull 12 regardless of if it only needs 4 on the floor.

Are your items located in backroom locations that are coded as casestock? If it's in a casestock location and a case of X item is 12, it'll tell you to pull 12 regardless of if it only needs 4 on the floor.
That explains part of it, but not all of it. I'm not the only one noticing things like this - both Beauty and Tech have had similar situations. One of the Beauty things I heard about was where more than a whole case pack was pulled, even though the floor was already full. Something's buggy.

Back