Archived AAR...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to start a new thread on AAR and see what other stores are doing these days. There's a huge focus in our Group on switching up how we do things in Electronics if AAR is yellow/red. Our store is discussing issuing goals to each TM for how many accessories to sell each shift but how do you know what's reasonable? How do you know the amount needed to reach green for the week? Seems like a lot of work to change AND communicate the goals for each shift in Electronics.

It's frustrating because we ended 2011 pretty well YTD but we've been yellow since 2012 started.

We're in the same boat... We were consistently green and top 1 or 2 in the district and now we're hovering between yellow and red. I think the time of year and the economy don't help. People in my area will get one big ticket item and make due (like buy the TV and no new cables). What we've been doing is offer 1 extra thing to everyone. The way the TL figures it, if you can get a bunch of guests to buy just 1 extra, it adds up.
Plus.. know your guests and who to sell to. Some guests know exactly what they want, how much they are going to spend and no amount of pushing is going to change that. Those are the ones you offer to, and let it go quickly.

if you have alot of empty space in nintendo, ipod/ipad, or tv wall basedeck salesfloor areas, try this! clearance, d-coded & nop stuff are just collecting dust in your backroom, get it out, now. i have been in electronics for 2 days in the last 2 weeks & "discover" a goldmine of products that are not on the salesfloor. so i have been grabbing a few items like belkin ipod screen covers, adapters for ds lite/ipods, sony viva extras, & wii wheels, flexing in main aisle or endcaps. most of this stuff is under nop or d-coded. then, i let my team know what stuff was put out. i have flexing out the clearance tv's, too.

you can ask your tl or etl to the run the backroom qty or d-code reports for electronics & look for opportunities on products or atttachments. with the clearance tv's, it is suggested to look in the backroom, see what you have in stock, put it out if possible & let your electronics team know.

my big hit last wk was, a 3d 51 samsung clearance tv with hdmi cables(clearance), esp & a red card. there was no tv on display, just ask questions to the guests on what or how big tv they want & go from there.

its hard i know, but commication & team effort makes sales happen.

Sorry, I forgot this.
Backroom qty report & sales floor tie report are on workbench:
Workbench/salesfloor/tools/store tie application.

if you have alot of empty space in nintendo, ipod/ipad, or tv wall basedeck salesfloor areas, try this! clearance, d-coded & nop stuff are just collecting dust in your backroom, get it out, now. i have been in electronics for 2 days in the last 2 weeks & "discover" a goldmine of products that are not on the salesfloor. so i have been grabbing a few items like belkin ipod screen covers, adapters for ds lite/ipods, sony viva extras, & wii wheels, flexing in main aisle or endcaps. most of this stuff is under nop or d-coded. then, i let my team know what stuff was put out. i have flexing out the clearance tv's, too.

That should be done anyway. We run a backroom detail report every day for our department and purge out any d-code as it comes up, unless of course it clashes with security such as lots of PS3's out on the floor. Clearance in the backroom is a big no no, unless they are super large items, all clearance must be out on the floor. You are correct though, they do help with attachments! D-Code items sometimes end up being cheaper than the actives.

my big hit last wk was, a 3d 51 samsung clearance tv with hdmi cables(clearance), esp & a red card. there was no tv on display, just ask questions to the guests on what or how big tv they want & go from there.

Just did that this week, sold a 46 inch westinghouse with cables and ESP. No redcard though, guest was not interested whatsoever. A lot of the portable DVD players are on clearance now as well as cases. Gold mine right there!

its hard i know, but commication & team effort makes sales happen.

Indeed! Communication is key. I personally make sure that most of the team members in my store know what attachments go to what devices for when they are backing up. I communicate this at huddles. In our department we don't hold contests, we just communicate with each other so we know what we need to do. We tell each other about our sales and attachments and try to compete to see who can do better.

We have been doing the same at our store as well with purging all of our nop and d-code electronics merch out onto the salesfloor. We also keep a clipboard with the aisle locations of flexed merch so that when pricing comes along and needs to ticket clearance they can check the clipboard if they can't find what they need to ticket. So far so good on that! Our AAR was green about a month ago but even when it seems we have a good week we have still slipped into yellow and below 50%, we do bring items to huddle to try and educate the team on which items a guest needs to make their item work the best and some optional accessories that will enhance their experience with said product. We even did a huddle with all morning and closing cashiers on all of the fine details with S/RP plans and many said it really helped their confidence with selling the plan's value to the guest :)

The huddle to discuss S/RP is a great idea! I'll have to suggest that to leadership.

My store recently started a new method of tracking AAR. We figured that, instead of finding out what our weak areas are after the scores are posted, when we can't do anything to change or improve, we could devise a method of tracking it daily. We created a chart with each catagory and listed all of tthe accessories for each. Any time someone sells an accessory, we mark down what we sold in our assigned marker color. This not only shows who is selling and who's not, but it provides us a visual on what catagories we can focus on during the week.

This is our first week doing it, so we obviously haven't seen any results yet. But I'll keep you guys updated on our progress :)

Also, does anyone find it odd that cases and lights and screen protectors aren't listed as attachable accessories for eReaders? I MySupported it last week and still haven't gotten a response . I think that would really bump up our score in that catagory, because we almost always get guests to buy cases.

What are all of you achieving w.t.d. currently in regard to a.a.r. ? My team has been achieving incredible scores sence the beginning of the year, I have worked very hard and close with my team to get to this point.

My team has achieved at least 76% or higher every week since the beginning of this year. Our last wtd was 80.29 and ytd we are above 79%.... Do you have, or use ways, to hold your team members accountable or recognize them on a daily basis for their personal AAR, do they have personal AAR goals to meet each week? You can do this by tracking attachments and s/rp's daily and using the AAR formula to calculate your AAR at any given moment.

Week to date we are at 47%, 51% ytd but we have been as high as 63%, we track our aar rates daily in a booklet but we think some people aren't always writing stuff down. We are brainstorming to work our aar back to green because we have been there recently and we even won the aar increase vs last years rate contest in the district so we know we can be there.

We are at 47% and it is entirely distribution's fault.

They stopped sending us any accessories for the Kindle Fire for two months. On the day before valentine's day, we had a grand total of two cases that came in.

My team has achieved at least 76% or higher every week since the beginning of this year. Our last wtd was 80.29 and ytd we are above 79%.... Do you have, or use ways, to hold your team members accountable or recognize them on a daily basis for their personal AAR, do they have personal AAR goals to meet each week? You can do this by tracking attachments and s/rp's daily and using the AAR formula to calculate your AAR at any given moment.

Can you explain the formula for calculating AAR at any given moment? I'm sure it's under the "I" button on the report but maybe just give me the short version?

They stopped sending us any accessories for the Kindle Fire for two months. On the day before valentine's day, we had a grand total of two cases that came in.

I assume your OH's are correct? We are receiving them.....or should I say, we have them.

Yeah distribution is the reason why our "Service in Electronics is Fast" score is down the tubes. Our actual FFF scores are just fine, but instocks is lousy and at this point there is nothing we in electronics can do about it. We have My Supported the heck out of the issue, and now our TL is trying to do something about it. We also have lousy E-Reader AAR scores because we can't sell what we don't have. It has been since the 8th of February since we had Kindle cards come in. For whatever reason when we do get them in they give us very little and then after they sell out it's about a month before we get any back in again!

Can you explain the formula for calculating AAR at any given moment? I'm sure it's under the "I" button on the report but maybe just give me the short version?

Clicking the "I" button will give you the lowdown on all you need to know about AAR. We keep a printed copy at the boat for all TM's to see and read. We go over it weekly to discuss attachments.

Sum of attachments+sum of s/rp divided by sum of all cores X100 and divide that answer by 300 X100=AAR. If you track everything with every core you can use this calculation at any time...

Yeah distribution is the reason why our "Service in Electronics is Fast" score is down the tubes. Our actual FFF scores are just fine, but instocks is lousy and at this point there is nothing we in electronics can do about it. We have My Supported the heck out of the issue, and now our TL is trying to do something about it. We also have lousy E-Reader AAR scores because we can't sell what we don't have. It has been since the 8th of February since we had Kindle cards come in. For whatever reason when we do get them in they give us very little and then after they sell out it's about a month before we get any back in again!

Our AAR was something like 4% so I feel your pain as the entire store has felt our ETL's pain. We ran out of those cards in January and the $50 cards are down to one left.

I have no idea why Target has issues with those gift cards other than a deep disturbing hatred of it's employees. You think that would be the one thing they could keep in stock: A card that has no value except after the register has activated it, is virtually weightless, and can be the most valuable item in a store lb for lb.

The Nook is another one, why can't we have B&N cards? My Local Lowe's store now has them and they don't even sell the Nook.

Our AAR was something like 4% so I feel your pain as the entire store has felt our ETL's pain. We ran out of those cards in January and the $50 cards are down to one left.

I have no idea why Target has issues with those gift cards other than a deep disturbing hatred of it's employees. You think that would be the one thing they could keep in stock: A card that has no value except after the register has activated it, is virtually weightless, and can be the most valuable item in a store lb for lb.

The Nook is another one, why can't we have B&N cards? My Local Lowe's store now has them and they don't even sell the Nook.

They bring in all those store gift cards all the time, plus iTunes, phone cards, and others. So why can't they send Kindle cards??

And why the hell does a store like Lowe's sell Barnes & Noble cards but not Target?

According to Mysupport the Kindle giftcards are an Amazon issue not Target. And I filled out a survey for Target asking about the Entertainment giftcards - specifically which ones don't sell that well because of the area I'm in (i.e. no AMC theaters within 50 miles so those don't sell) + which giftcards WOULD sell well if we had them (i.e. Regal theater cards). Maybe the ETLs in your stores also got the survey and hopefully Target will make some changes to the POG in the near future...

There is like 12-13 states that are not allowed to sell amazon cards. Not sure why not but the only reason I know is cause I was told numerous times to take them down after instocks put them back up

There is like 12-13 states that are not allowed to sell amazon cards. Not sure why not but the only reason I know is cause I was told numerous times to take them down after instocks put them back up

WHAT? Are they TRYING to bleed electronics dry? At this point that is one of two MAJOR attachments that you can get with an eReader. As far as I know cases still don't count, just cards and headphones. My goodness, it's like there is a conspiracy to slowly take down the whole department or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back