Archived AE 2012 - Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food Ave AL and Starbucks TL have been combined in all D- volume stores that I know of already (granted, that's only 5, but still)

I bet your store was just waiting on one of them to leave. Not sure why they were interviewing peoplefor it, if that were the case though. My guess is the FATL won't be replaced.

Can anyone tell me what stores do when they are too high on TL head count when the new AEs role around? Do they just wait for someone to quit/ step down until they are at the correct number? This will be my first year really dealing with AE, I'm a little scared so far.

They will performance tl out, demoted them, or not replace them if they quit. That is what happening at my store, I am AA store.

I noticed the new edition to the list this year, Pricing and Presentation Team Leader. I didnt believe the rumors at first... but i guess this confirms it.. Wonder whats going to happen to current TLs in ULV stores who hold those positions. Im surprised they havent combined backroom and flow in ULV stores at this point.

I've been pricing tl and pog since last year I guess I was one of the test cases, it can be done I'm at a high b volume store.

I'm already afraid of AE12. Combining plano and pricing TLs? How would that even work?

You split your shifts between teams, I've done both since April 2011, I don't know if overnight stores will have this done but early morning stores it can be done.

Well that ****ing blows, one of the reasons I'm excited for a TL promotion is the 2 dollar increase... oh wait, now it's just one dollar. Why do I want to do this again?

Seems strange that TL starts at pg11, I don't know if I want all that extra responsibility for $1/hr... might just mean more bargaining if I go for it!

Plano and Pricing used to be one position years ago. It was called the pricing and presentation TL. It actually worked quiet well.

Im surprised they havent combined backroom and flow in ULV stores at this point.

My store has been like this for over a year now. Maybe you know something we don't! It actually work's quite well. We get a check in every now and then and all of us step up in positive ways. There's def more freedom I believe.

ROFL LOL - this is just too funny. Every year, cut TLs/ETLs down even more. Won't be long until the whole store is run by 1 ETL and 1 TL.

Why do this every year? We all see the pattern here. Just axe every TL and be done with it. I think it is pretty obvious the grand plan is to probably eliminate TLs entirely in the next few years. This is (personally) the feeling of our STL. He believes the long term plan is to simply have more experienced TMs take on more responsibility over running the store, but they will still be TMs.

I'm already afraid of AE12. Combining plano and pricing TLs? How would that even work?

Hate to say it, only because I am a Pricing Team Leader, but stores don't really need a Team Leader for pricing. 90% of my day is spent ticketing clearance. They really don't have to pay for TL to ticket clearance. Other than that, the day consists of label changes. I would make more sense to have a) another team leader oversee pricing (like pricing and presentation) or give pricing another area like Instocks. (granted it's still there after ae12) My job is challenging and BORING at the same time. I'm just hoping that since I'm a sr.TL they won't just up and fire me. LOL

Well, seeing as Core Roles are up, I suggest everyone check them out!

I checked my core roles but didn't find any obvious hints about big changes. Has anyone been able to get anything out of their higher ups yet?

Had a meeting with my STL this morning and i asked him some pretty blunt questions about ae12. He told me that I don't need to worry about anything. There are some significant changes but not to stress out about it...... ugh..... makes me more stressed LMAO

Had a meeting with my STL this morning and i asked him some pretty blunt questions about ae12. He told me that I don't need to worry about anything. There are some significant changes but not to stress out about it...... ugh..... makes me more stressed LMAO

He said the magic words, "He told me that I don't need to worry about it." Sounds like you're in the clear.

Hate to say it, only because I am a Pricing Team Leader, but stores don't really need a Team Leader for pricing. 90% of my day is spent ticketing clearance. They really don't have to pay for TL to ticket clearance. Other than that, the day consists of label changes. I would make more sense to have a) another team leader oversee pricing (like pricing and presentation) or give pricing another area like Instocks. (granted it's still there after ae12) My job is challenging and BORING at the same time. I'm just hoping that since I'm a sr.TL they won't just up and fire me. LOL

Yep I agree... Remember the only actual Org Chart changes are for D Volume stores (the slowest of the slow)... Anything above that isn't taking the cut! It is perfectly reasonable to have the PTL oversee Pricing in these stores!

Does anyone know if they have changed the threshold for the volumes? Currently in a C volume and a nearby store is going p-fresh this year.

Does anyone know if they have changed the threshold for the volumes? Currently in a C volume and a nearby store is going p-fresh this year.

Here is ae11:
Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.
  • AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.
Gtc to fs!

That's hows its been at my ULV store for months now, 1 CTL, 1HLTL, 1 SLTL. To be honest im surprised they haven't done away with those positions completely at my store. Our current sales floor leaders don't PTM (instocks and the execs do), don't do sales planners (plano does all of them), i feel like they are just overpaid zoners who work 32 hours a week. At an ULV store your biggest expense is payroll, so lowering TL headcount makes the most sense. Our own sales floor exec approached me and asked "Does our CTL even do anything around here?". Sorry i turned it into a little rant, but you get my point.

I am not a TL but I feel the same way...For most closing shifts there are only the TL and then an operator and then usually 3 TMs plus electronics. All they really do during the closing shift is basically the same a TM does. In the morning its usually just reshop from the night before if there is any, and other various projects but its nothing a TM couldnt do.

Now as far at the CTL. That is the TL I feel does the most out of all the team leaders. I am in a pretty low volume pfresh store. Avg prob between 60-80k for forecasts depending on the day. Our CTL has to work Pfresh shifts because its just our CTL and 2 PAs for the weeks coverage in PFresh. They take care of the order on the days they open pfresh. Then there is the amazingly long list of cleaning tasks that need to be done in Pfresh. Also has to take care of all of market outside pfresh. And one shift is closing salesfloor. They have to deal with all the vendors and what comes with that as well. Adding a non market shift would make CTL very hard in my opinion but what do I know I havent worked a TL position so im not sure of what else is

Now as far at the CTL. That is the TL I feel does the most out of all the team leaders. I am in a pretty low volume pfresh store. Avg prob between 60-80k for forecasts depending on the day. Our CTL has to work Pfresh shifts because its just our CTL and 2 PAs for the weeks coverage in PFresh. They take care of the order on the days they open pfresh. Then there is the amazingly long list of cleaning tasks that need to be done in Pfresh. Also has to take care of all of market outside pfresh. And one shift is closing salesfloor. They have to deal with all the vendors and what comes with that as well. Adding a non market shift would make CTL very hard in my opinion but what do I know I havent worked a TL position so im not sure of what else is

Our CTL keeps getting scheduled to close in Hardlines every other shift. We always have either the CTL or a PA open P-Fresh, then closing is usually handled by sales floor TMs who are P-Fresh-trained.

Our CTL keeps getting scheduled to close in Hardlines every other shift. We always have either the CTL or a PA open P-Fresh, then closing is usually handled by sales floor TMs who are P-Fresh-trained.

Ya def not the case at our store. Our CTL opens pfresh Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, Closing salesfloor on thursday and comes in at 8 on friday. M-Saturday a PA closes and Sunday we have a TM close. For our closes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday we have to receive a C&S Food delivery around 6-7 typically and we are the first stop so it takes a while because we have 1 BR unload the other stores pallets and the PA loads our stores pallets in the appropriate locations as well as do the temps and all that fun stuff. Not only that but we have to zone all of the freezers and coolers along with open market, which at my store is around 80 or so seperate sections for freezers and coolers. Oh ya our BR is also on the complete opposite side of the store where Pfresh is.

Last edited:
That's hows its been at my ULV store for months now, 1 CTL, 1HLTL, 1 SLTL. To be honest im surprised they haven't done away with those positions completely at my store. Our current sales floor leaders don't PTM (instocks and the execs do), don't do sales planners (plano does all of them), i feel like they are just overpaid zoners who work 32 hours a week. At an ULV store your biggest expense is payroll, so lowering TL headcount makes the most sense. Our own sales floor exec approached me and asked "Does our CTL even do anything around here?". Sorry i turned it into a little rant, but you get my point.

TBH I'm surprised no one else is freaking out about this change...I currently have 3 team leaders in Hardlines and 2 in Softlines - I'm slated for 1 in Softlines but we're using a GSTL since there is absolutely no need for 2. I work harder than most ETLs and push my team to the same and we still get hammered on details during DTL visits. Based on Tina Schiel's recent store visits I'm not sure any store meets her standards anyway - so how do they expect us to keep up with less team leaders?

The only way this could remotely work is if Target finally made good on their promise to reduce the amount of times salesplanners and departments transition. The workload might be manageable then...

What this says to me is that I'm just going to end up working harder than I already do and I'm salary so ultimately I'm getting screwed. But I care about my job and I want to further my career so I'll do it.

@Sales Floor ETL, Has Tina visited your store personally?.. One of her main focuses I remember someone on here saying was Softlines adjacency and having the POG team not go a week ahead of the workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back