Archived AE 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically some of us, the people who are on the team lead bench, who have been told that there’s a number of positions coming, are actually gonna be offered these “non-lead” positions and have to be ok with it? Awesome. Just splendid.

From the store modernization thread.
There will be elevated position in Food, Home, Beauty and Electronics. They will have more responsibility then a team member but not as much as a lead. They will paid more then a team member. There is anothe pay lift his summer and these changes will be reflected then.

So there will be a new version of the old perishables assistant position? How much more than base pay will it be?

Wouldn't you want that too?

The question is: why wouldn't someone just go work at Costco? Or one of the many other retailers that pays more, and expects the same or less, and often gives better hours?
Maybe there are some areas of the country that have a Target and little else, but you can throw a stone out the front door of my Target and hit 6 retailers that are hiring at the same or higher pay as Target, and many aren't nearly as stressful.
And the answer in my market is: they do.
My applicant pool is non-existent, and the majority of people who apply either refuse to work weekends or cannot meet the new expectations.

That latter really bothers me, because Target's a pretty "entry level" job that is now going to be turning down people with disabilities or people looking for a first job, even for a cashiering job, because they can't meet the standards of a GSA.
Target's trying to pretend that they didn't have to raise their wages because of increasing minimum wage laws and simply the fact that less and less people were applying, and trying to squeeze TL level work out of an entry level staff.
There's a handful of people at my store, at best, that are willing or able to work at that level, and I've already observed more than one of them breaking down sobbing on the job in the last few weeks.

Wouldn't you want that too?

Hell, even they want 99 cent store pay but they know they absolutely cannot get the caliber of employee with that pay.

I've said it before but if Target paid better than they do they could attract and retain a higher caliber of tm. Rather than being desperate, and hiring whoever, they could be picky. Make working at Target be seen as a privilege. They would perhaps spend more on payroll but with a better team working at store level they would have way better earnings. Right now we all see empty shelves which means missed sales. It's like corporate is at the point of repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

I really feel like Target has the potential to level up. They have a fiercely loyal fan base, super decent in-house brands, solid pricing and the upgrades they are making to stores are really nice. Now, invest in the workforce and show everyone that Target isn't fazed by Amazon.

i don’t think every cashier is going to be expected to perform at the level of a GSA as far as i know, but they will be expected to know SCO and Service Desk

I’ve felt like the GSA position was going away ever since the pay went back to standard. But then I got put into the GSA position from a specialty area (at a pilot store) but I do see the GSA position being semi pointless you don’t need to be a specialty just a well trained front end team member especially in a normal volume store

ASANTS is the cancer within that makes a lot of this damn near impossible when it comes to implementing a company standard.

We don't measure time at all in key areas that is actually easy to do. But we have someone who works in an office who has the magic 8 Ball with all of the answers?

I’ve felt like the GSA position was going away ever since the pay went back to standard. But then I got put into the GSA position from a specialty area (at a pilot store) but I do see the GSA position being semi pointless you don’t need to be a specialty just a well trained front end team member especially in a normal volume store

uhhhh i'm not trying to be uppity but i've got plenty of well trained team members who still wouldn't be able to effectively or efficiently run the front like our gsa team does

uhhhh i'm not trying to be uppity but i've got plenty of well trained team members who still wouldn't be able to effectively or efficiently run the front like our gsa team does
While I agree with this, corporate sees the GSA as just another cashier.

We are putting into place the new modernization models in my store for restructuring leadership and whatnot and for some reason that plan includes adding 2 more GSAs at my store. We already have 5 GSAs and 2 GSTLs.

We are putting into place the new modernization models in my store for restructuring leadership and whatnot and for some reason that plan includes adding 2 more GSAs at my store. We already have 5 GSAs and 2 GSTLs.
Must be nice for the team leads to not have to cover the front end during gstl/gsa breaks 😒

Must be nice for the team leads to not have to cover the front end during gstl/gsa breaks 😒
Lol they still do actually because the other GSAs call out for like 40% of their shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back