Archived Always overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miaraiden

GSA
I've been working at Target for 8 years. I got to GSA after 4 years and many times being overlooked due to favoritism of other TM. In the past 4 years I've worked as GSA, price change, flex fulfill, guest service, food ave, and cash office. At my store there were vacant TL and Sr.TL positions and again I was overlooked for the promotion. I have my Associate Degree in Business and I'm taking classes to finish my Bachelor's Degree. What else do I have to do to be noticed by leadership?

Sometimes ( well at my store its almost all the time however, asants) its not what you know but whos honey you kiss. I have seen people overlooked and stepped over because they refuse to kiss ass. Its not right and Spot has lost a lot of good tms because of this. More times than not these tms leave Spot and move on to much bigger and better things ( the ones that were overlooked for promotion) My advice would be to put a period at the end of the sentence and just move on. Sometimes, things don't work out for a reason. I am sure there is something better out there for you that would be more suited for you talents etc.

Sorry to hear that Maria. Some folks just want to keep their TMs in a box, I have heard ETLs say some terrible things about TMs that want to promote.

I would apply elsewhere. One day you will be gone and your store will realize what they missed out on. Don't be afraid to promote at nearby stores. A few miles of extra distance is made well by a nice raise.

Btw have you officially had a TL bench interview?

Don't give up yet. Step your game up first, take initiative and give feedback. Work smart and work fast, make them feel like they need you. And in the end if that doesn't work, pursue yourself. Good luck.

Thank you for all the great input. I am afraid to ask about advancement because most people that get promoted are asked if they want the open position.

Agreeded, let them know you want to work up. Or, just hope for the best... there was a opening @ my store for sales floor TL, and a price change TM recently got it. I don't know how long she worked at the store for, but i know she's been there for a long time and got it.

Good luck.

Can leaders react poorly if I ask to apply for an open position at another local store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back