Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE"BullseyeBabe, post: 315564, member: 4937"]ETL told me tonight that from now on we are "breaking the boundaries." We will go to extremes to "protect the experience" for our guests. It's "Be Bold" part two.
Kill me now.[/QUOTE]
So toss the new coupon policy out the window? Great, send mixed messages to the 'guests'.

So does anyone else have extreme couponers that actually have an entire shop of all the things they bought? This one couple always brings up several carts worth of food and it all goes to this little store they own. I've never rung them up but they don't seem particularly angry

We have certain ethnic groups who run their own shops so they'll come in if there's a good deal that doesn't cut into their mark-up but our store limits have pretty much cut that down.

Yeah, get that ALOT when 12 packs are really, really cheap.

A few days ago I had to go help Food Ave TMs because a guest was irate that they wouldn't take a Pizza Hut coupon for a large pizza. I told the guest that we are Target Cafe and only serve personal sized pizzas and breadsticks, we don't serve pizza any larger and we aren't a Pizza Hut. The guest told me to mind my business and go back to Starbucks because this wasn't part of my store haha. I told him that we all work for Target and with the TL for Food Ave gone right now, I am their supervisor and on behalf of them I am telling you I won't authorize them to honor that coupon because we aren't a Pizza Hut, we're a Target. The guest told me to "F* off" and left but the food Ave TMs were amused haha. People are crazy.
I cant stand old bats like that!

There are two diff kinds of corporate calling customers. Ones that use it in store and try to use it as a scare tactic and ones that go home think through the situation and facts and email/call corporate about there experience.

As I've state mult times. I use to work retail management. I too have been dealt with a lot of shady customers. Ive also managed employees that interpret policies the wrong way or are having a bad day and then encounter a more "needy" customer.

So the mentality of every couponer is a fraudster is wrong. I wouldn't blame a valid upset guest to call corporate based on horrible experience or misinterpretation of the policy.

Example of misinterpretation of policy- plum foods sent me a free item coupon for there new frozen meals. It was a thick postcard coupon/shiny paper/hologram. The GSA or GSTL, idk who I was dealing with, was trying to deny it because target doesn't accept free item coupons. I had to pull up the policy on my phone to show that indeed target does, it just can't be a print from computer coupon.
Ive never called a corporate office over anything, Ill only give my opinion of a situation when it is clearly wrong. For example I have called UPS over a driver who blocked 3 handicap spaces at a drug store when they were making a delivery.

Any time I see someone with more than four coupons I make several judgements:

They smell
Their 1998 Ford Taurus is littered with news paper or some other garbage
They are not married
They have multiple cats (or ferrets)

Usually at least one is right.

They smell
They are not married

But ferrets are adorable.

They smell
They are not married

These are my assumptions...

Usually they're women.

They aren't divorced, but they hate their husbands because their husbands aren't attracted to their middle aged doughy bodies anymore and they're probably total bitches on top of that, adding to the unappeal, but they'll still post about how wonderful their marriage is on facebook to keep a certain image.

They have severe haircuts like that "Kate plus 8" lady. It's usually damaged as fuck too from being styled every fucking day.

If it's not that, then it tightly pulled back in some ugly bun plopped on top of their head.

Their kids are poorly behaved, and they give zero fucks, but will still just yell their kids name while checking out to look like they made an effort.

100% chance you're doing your job wrong, and they'll be sure to give you their opinion of why.

They smell
They are not married

FOUR coupons? You must not work at a super target. We get tons of coupons. And as a person who uses coupons (along with cartwheel) I have to say I don't match any of your judgements.

These are my assumptions...

Usually they're women.

They aren't divorced, but they hate their husbands because their husbands aren't attracted to their middle aged doughy bodies anymore and they're probably total bitches on top of that, adding to the unappeal, but they'll still post about how wonderful their marriage is on facebook to keep a certain image.

They have severe haircuts like that "Kate plus 8" lady. It's usually damaged as fuck too from being styled every fucking day.

If it's not that, then it tightly pulled back in some ugly bun plopped on top of their head.

Their kids are poorly behaved, and they give zero fucks, but will still just yell their kids name while checking out to look like they made an effort.

100% chance you're doing your job wrong, and they'll be sure to give you their opinion of why.
Judgemental much? :mad:

Judgemental much? :mad:

Uhhh, yeah. They're general assumptions about extreme couponers because I hate them and felt like venting. Boo fucking hoo.

I'm all for you saving money, couponer. But dang, don't try to use photocopies. And jokes on you because the "young guys" and "older ladies" you try to go to to commit your fraud with are in the know in my store and don't put up with that mess.

FOUR coupons? You must not work at a super target. We get tons of coupons. And as a person who uses coupons (along with cartwheel) I have to say I don't match any of your judgements.

3 cats

If coupons don't work, and I totally don't mis-scan obvious fakes on purpose just so you cant play them trick on me, feel free to get angry. Fuck em.

Some of the couponers we get in are fairly nice. Not in a saccharine way, just generally polite and friendly. But then holy shit, once in a while I'll get some bitter over-the-hill biddy who gets mad and takes it out on me because her excessive coupon use isn't cutting it or she couldn't be bothered to pay attention to when her coupons expire.

My favorite is when it's one of those families where they're trying to make it look like they're all not related, as if all fifteen bottles of laundry detergent that they're buying isn't going to the same trailer. Normally I don't like judging guests, and a good chunk of them are polite and have never anything wrong to me or anyone I know, but fuck the ones that try to game the system because they just have to stock up their basement for when the liberals are coming to take their guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back