Archived Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beautysavage911

Just curious. So y’all know how there basically isn’t a backroom anymore.. do y’all agree with those changes? (By backroom I mean the position)

@NKG Omg I saw that you jumped to my thread was it to lose weight because I can feel the mini earthquakes I’m scared

@NKG are you sure it’s not the demogorgons tryna eat ur fat a$$

Just curious. So y’all know how there basically isn’t a backroom anymore.. do y’all agree with those changes? (By backroom I mean the position)

As a presentation expert, I have more pros than cons. Yes BRLA sucks, but now I actually have room to pull and backstock my shit.

I pull & backstock my own shit plus audit & clean my own backroom area since I own an area, the rest not my problem lol

It's bad at my store. Most people never got fully trained on how to backstock efficiently. Add in the idea to backstock like items in 4 foot groupings. And you get this ....

The baby aisle has 4 feet for baby food and 8 feet for formula. But, each 4 feet has only 12 Wacos for open stock. The open baby food, I kid you not, has 15 to 20 dpcis in each Waco. I noticed this yesterday as I was pulling for the baby food reset.

No one to fix it since no one that works in the area knows how to build wacos or create backroom locations or group locations or make labels. And even if I did show them, there is zero time to do it. So instead, I struggled with missing items, hell, just even finding one jar out of 50 mixed together.

It sucks. It trashy. No one sweeps. If a waco breaks, no one attends to it since no one orders them or even knows where they are stored.

Last edited:
Soon, none of this will be a problem. Nothing will be allowed in the backroom except for street dated product. We are doing this now and have a special visit next week from HQ to see how it is going. I'll tell you how it is going, the backroom looks smashing, while the sales floor looks like it has been smashed.

Soon, none of this will be a problem. Nothing will be allowed in the backroom except for street dated product. We are doing this now and have a special visit next week from HQ to see how it is going. I'll tell you how it is going, the backroom looks smashing, while the sales floor looks like it has been smashed.
??? nothing in the backroom except street date??

bwahaha

where are we going to put the Bulk plastics, transition, the 599+ pallets of Salvage, Price Change (not ticketed), Clearance and etc., not to mention 500 Z-racks of not set yet and won't be for 3 week, pallets upon pallets of rolled product people have forgotten what it is.

-- a little over board there but ye get the idea. Corporate is totally divorced from the reality that is store operation at our level, they along with the store management are with out a doubt not competent enough to be in charge of the fey vats at the local fast food place.

-- EDIT--

sorry to any Fey that are out there. I did mean fry vats. I've no issue with the fey and I am sorry about the misspelling.

Last edited:
Just one backroom team member on the morning side and one at night would make a world of difference. It's a shitshow right now.

Backroom changes are probably some of the first things they rollback from modernization.

They aren’t going to rollback these changes backroom is gone forever let it go it’s harder for me to than you I promise so let it go
I’m the type of person who actually wants to take a pda home and preserve it in a trophy case and I have let backroom go
The idea of holding onto what is already gone will take us down
Stop living in the past we will never have an instocks team again and haven’t for years the same thing has happened to backroom
It’s basic “lean” move on or the change will run you over and leave you in its dust
The quicker all of us actually make this new model work the quicker we will stop the bleeding
Continuing to resist change that we literally have no control of will only hurt us and make our jobs harder
You can bitch and moan about whatever you want but at the end of the day you’re just an insignificant low wage worker who has literally no say in any of it
Most likely 90 percent of us in the stores lack the cognition to even challenge the changes
Most of you don’t even really understand the big picture
Let backroom go
Let
It
Go
:/

The only time you go into the back these days is to find the tallest ladder, climb it, and take in the view of all of the product low and productive. This is the ladderless backroom... It's great isn't it, my sons.

Attachments

• intro-1495818446.jpg
    intro-1495818446.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back