Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

REMINDER!! No price matches from 11/22-12/1 this year!! That’s thanksgiving-the Saturday after the full week after thanksgiving. This is outlined in our PM policy so you can reference that if needed
This policy is only effective until they ask for a LOD. Saw this policy thrown out the door many times last year; just like most of our policies.

So do y'all price adjust to clearance items/prices for your own store?
Example: guest buys Item (at your store) on Tuesday, goes on clearance (again, at your store) on Friday and guest demands price adjustment.
I've been told by leadership to honor it if it was within 72 hours. 🤷‍♂️

Not at my store, no. Also, you don't get the extra 15% off a competitor's price on TVs (for example). You can price match or get a discount on our price, but not both.

If a guest is paying with a red card on the app and you are doing a price match do you specifically open up their offers and make sure there is no offers for what they are buying?
No, but I just say just so you know I can't combine cartwheel with price match. with the new POS update we can see now if a cartwheel is applied before we total it so price can be adjusted back up if you're really feelin salty, but if its just a little bit and especially if it's t.com they're matching I usually let it go

So tomorrow starts the early access Black Friday sale for red card holders. This is not advertised in store but per the Black Friday guide, it should be price matched as requested as long as you can verify they are paying with a red card.

So tomorrow starts the early access Black Friday sale for red card holders. This is not advertised in store but per the Black Friday guide, it should be price matched as requested as long as you can verify they are paying with a red card.
The ad and the website both say "select black Friday offers" but don't have a list available. I don't work today, but I hope for the sakes of those who are, those lists are available in store or that those discounts come up automatically when the card is recognized.

The ad and the website both say "select black Friday offers" but don't have a list available. I don't work today, but I hope for the sakes of those who are, those lists are available in store or that those discounts come up automatically when the card is recognized.
It’s technically only automatic and available online but can be price matched in store upon request

Maybe others can help me out with this - as a GSA, how do you lead effectively when you aren’t a TL? I’ve been talked to by one of the GSTLs about not delegating a lot and keeping people in line. The other GSTLs haven’t said anything, only this one. I’m painfully aware of being still technically a team member but held to a high standard because I represent them.

It didn’t help that I started training for this right when 4th quarter let loose...

Maybe others can help me out with this - as a GSA, how do you lead effectively when you aren’t a TL? I’ve been talked to by one of the GSTLs about not delegating a lot and keeping people in line. The other GSTLs haven’t said anything, only this one. I’m painfully aware of being still technically a team member but held to a high standard because I represent them.

It didn’t help that I started training for this right when 4th quarter let loose...

Know your stuff, be confident yet humble, and act like a Lead. Be proactive in taking partnerships with your ETL GE and LOD for the day (if you’re not in the new Op Model that is—if you are, take partnerships with your Leaders ;)). Make sure you communicate well with your team and your leaders. Involve yourself wherever you’re needed and build a knowledge base of the whole store to the extent you can so you can be on other departments’ good sides.

But most importantly be humble.

You laugh but this literally happened to me when I worked at Wally World more times than I care to think about...think 60” plasma TVs (which aside from being big were HEAVY AS FUCK) carried out to a Miata or Cobalt. It was usually a foreigner who thought I was being racist by refusing to attempt to fit the fucking thing in. Huge fucking eye roll.

Back