Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Anyone know if there is anyway to clean the bill acceptor on SCO? Ours have all been having bill acceptor errors lately and I kind of played with it and unscrewed a part of it and some dirt came flying out, but I was a little scared to try anything else. Just wondering if any of you maintain your SCOs better than we do.

Anyone know if there is anyway to clean the bill acceptor on SCO? Ours have all been having bill acceptor errors lately and I kind of played with it and unscrewed a part of it and some dirt came flying out, but I was a little scared to try anything else. Just wondering if any of you maintain your SCOs better than we do.

try compressed air

Is it at any other store where GSAs have started saying "help with sales" instead of back-up? Apparently they're not allowed to say back-up anymore, also now they have to call people by name...

Is it at any other store where GSAs have started saying "help with sales" instead of back-up? Apparently they're not allowed to say back-up anymore, also now they have to call people by name...
GSAs at my store just say the same thing as the walkie lady “can we get additional cashiers to the front please”

If no response LOD will call dpts and names

Nah, I say “team, can we one get back up to the lanes.” No response... sometimes i hit the button to remind people or I go “team, we still need one back up up to the front.” Occasionally, I pull a “hardlines, responded last time. Softlines, can you send someone up.”

When I’m ignored either LOD or a Salesfloor TL will start calling by name.

No need to unscrew anything. Open up the front of SCO and aim a can of compressed air into the bill acceptor slots. You should be able to see the dust accumulation well enough to blast it all away. Takes 30 seconds at most, then right back to business.

Guest: "I want to pay my card"
Me: "sure, go ahead and insert it."
Guest: *starts to insert their debit card*
Me: "oh sorry, start with your redcard"
Guest: "but I want to pay this card"
Me: "if you want to pay your redcard with that card, insert your redcard first"
Guest: "no, I called and they told me I should pay $30 on this [debit] card"

They ended up leaving. I still can't figure out what they meant. First of all, we obviously can't pay off non-Target cards, second of all, you don't pay off a debit card. I was so confused. Normally I can at least figure out what they mean, but this time I have no idea.

One of the lines I hate the most from people who try to do same day returns via card-lookup (which doesn’t work): “YA’LL WERE SO QUICK TO TAKE MY MONEY SO YOU NEED TO GIVE IT BACK TO ME RIGHT NOW I PAID WITH THIS CARD” like sis you not being able to hold on to an important slip of paper for more than a couple hours is not my fault nor my concern

No need to unscrew anything. Open up the front of SCO and aim a can of compressed air into the bill acceptor slots. You should be able to see the dust accumulation well enough to blast it all away. Takes 30 seconds at most, then right back to business.
Or just take the whole bill acceptor out with the pull bar. If you have it out you can pull back the yellow latch and it opens ups. Wipe it down and usually works for a while but any experience I’ve had with bill acceptor errors almost always result in getting replaced. Even if it’s fixable, I always call and get them replaced...... it’s all about guest experience after all

I was surprised we didn't get new registers with the remodel. Seems like that would have been a good time, given our registers & GS was completely redone.

I really just hope the POS software will be decent. I’m all about a register that crashes less and is faster (even touch screen) but I honestly have no complaints about the current layout of it and see no real benefit to drastically change it. Improved Target.com return lookup is needed however as a Guest Service TM

I really just hope the POS software will be decent. I’m all about a register that crashes less and is faster (even touch screen) but I honestly have no complaints about the current layout of it and see no real benefit to drastically change it. Improved Target.com return lookup is needed however as a Guest Service TM
I hope so too and agree re order lookup.

I also hope this software does away with Online Item yellow stickers. if the register knows how much it is (to print the sticker), why does it need the sticker?

I was told cash office will now be a 30 minute process. Which will eliminate the CO position if your store still has a designated tm.

Too funny, my store's CO peeps take a minimum of 2 hours every. single. day.
Always some excuse as to why it took so long.

Back