Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Did someone install a register update as part of phone instructions? (Or however the scam works.)

Our registers are randomly giving guests cash back even when they do not ask for cash back. It happens at SCO and the regular registers. We don’t have any of the new registers,
It’s the card reader! It happened to us too on a few of our machines. CSC was confused, but the tech told us we would need all new card readers because the chemicals we’ve been cleaning with got inside. At least that’s what the tech said. It did subside on some of the card readers by leaving them untouched a few days... strange, I know.

I was able to get around it at first by recalibrating the card reader in settings and it fixed it for a few days. This was before we thought something was wrong... literally just thought weird glitch.

I've had this happen twice to me. The screen says to give the guest back $XX. I do and the guest says they didn't ask for any. So, I check the receipt and it has the cash withdrawal line itemed on it. It has happened on the touch screen updated registers.

Ayup. I could see it possibly being related to the chemicals and repeated cleaning. That sucks.

Yes, we’ve had to get so many new card readers and we have the clear contact paper on then. When the guests get the cash back it’s reflected on their receipts.

Our registers are randomly giving guests cash back even when they do not ask for cash back. It happens at SCO and the regular registers. We don’t have any of the new registers,
Our SCO registers do that occasionally. We do a complete reboot & it seems to solve the problem for awhile.

Yes, we’ve had to get so many new card readers and we have the clear contact paper on then. When the guests get the cash back it’s reflected on their receipts.
It’s the card reader. If you watch the guest process the transaction through the card reader, you will see that when they go to tap “no” the $40 option gets pressed instead. It’s because of the calibration of the touchscreen being off, most likely due to cleaning chemicals

Don't know if it would be allowed, but the grocery store I shop at took cling wrap and practically mummified their card readers, winding it around the pin pad repeatedly. That would stop chemicals from getting in.

My store didn’t make the contact paper big enough to even be effective or cover any crevices chemicals could leak into. I warned them literally the first day we found out about it. Told my TL and ETL and both looked at me like “you have no idea what you’re doing” and now we are down 6 card readers completely and a few more that are acting up. Tech came in and told me this and I followed up with ETL asking if I could redo it. Nope, she says it’s fine.

I’ve given up. I’ll just sit back, relax, and watch everything implode. It’s fun.

Are people still spraying the pin pads at your stores? We switched to spraying a paper towel and it seems to be much better for the pin pads. We have one cashier who is an absolute neurotic clean freak. She is the only one still affecting the pin pads.

Since the pandemic, how has the front end changed at your store? We were more or less following the modernization model, but it went out the window with corona. Guest service is becoming an exclusive spot with some people no longer being allowed to work there. We seem to have GSAs again (for you newer TMs they are TMs who "run the front" like an SETL), but they have no label and are often running the front from the race track and speed weaving. Only certain people are closing the drawers now. It's either the GS TM or the unofficial GSA.

Since the pandemic, how has the front end changed at your store? We were more or less following the modernization model, but it went out the window with corona. Guest service is becoming an exclusive spot with some people no longer being allowed to work there. We seem to have GSAs again (for you newer TMs they are TMs who "run the front" like an SETL), but they have no label and are often running the front from the race track and speed weaving. Only certain people are closing the drawers now. It's either the GS TM or the unofficial GSA.
We never switched from GSTM and cashiers being separate model. It just makes more sense for our store to put the people who are good and want to be at GS, at GS, and the people who want to be on the lanes, on the lanes. Obviously if they want to train at GS, that’s fantastic, but we’re not forcing it on anyone.

We never switched from GSTM and cashiers being separate model. It just makes more sense for our store to put the people who are good and want to be at GS, at GS, and the people who want to be on the lanes, on the lanes. Obviously if they want to train at GS, that’s fantastic, but we’re not forcing it on anyone.

We had everyone train for a shift there. Most of the front end team wants to be there. Only a few hate it. We always had some that were there all the time, but many shifts were very random.

I have a question about pushing Bullseye's Playground (Dollar Spot, One Spot) items. I'm usually at self-checkout or occasionally working as a cart attendant but I was asked to come in today and help out (my store is closed on Sundays). The ETL in charge assigned me to push a u-boat of Bulleye's Playground stuff. I noticed that some of the boxes had dates from last October and one had a date from April. Does this indicate that my store is behind in pushing these items?
I've never seen any team members pushing Bullseye's Playground items while we are open, if it's slow, they'll just zone or push checklanes candy. For anyone that's worked in General Merchandise, this is probably obvious but I was just curious about this.

I have a question about pushing Bullseye's Playground (Dollar Spot, One Spot) items. I'm usually at self-checkout or occasionally working as a cart attendant but I was asked to come in today and help out (my store is closed on Sundays). The ETL in charge assigned me to push a u-boat of Bulleye's Playground stuff. I noticed that some of the boxes had dates from last October and one had a date from April. Does this indicate that my store is behind in pushing these items?
I've never seen any team members pushing Bullseye's Playground items while we are open, if it's slow, they'll just zone or push checklanes candy. For anyone that's worked in General Merchandise, this is probably obvious but I was just curious about this.
that could’ve been the date it was produced, but yes, your store is probably behind (not unusual). Scan with mydevice to see if it’s still sold or if it’s salvage

Back