Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

you should be using the option that is most appropriate to the issue at hand. sometimes price challenge is the right option sometimes it isn't. but asking team members to not use the appropriate option because then it creates more work is the laziest shit i have ever heard in my life
This. If it’s a guest price challenge, use guest price challenge. If it’s not, then don’t.

ultimately not creating the PCV is more work and annoying for guests if the price actually is wrong bc then guests will just keep coming up with it
I personally agree, I was just wondering if anyone else's leadership had told team members something similar. This issue reminded me of stories of leadership scrambling to zone and hide issues with understaffing and modernization when they heard about a possible visit.

I once had an SETL tell us not to use guest price challenge (old pos), but most people ignored that because it was so much more pleasurable to hit that button LOL

Not clicking the right choice because you are avoiding a PCV just creates more price challenges.

My cash drawer has been giving me trouble in electronics and when I wanted to add my 239 I saw this message. Did the POS think it was a SCO POS? My store doesn't have the new SCO so I couldn't tell.

you should be using the option that is most appropriate to the issue at hand
agreed. Sometimes when I'm in electronics I just throw it under missed circle or k1 I don't even remember what it says. Just because I'll fix it really quickly with a printer so it just makes more work for leads to had that.

Attachments

• IMG_4364.jpg
    IMG_4364.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 40
So the POS wasn't responding lol. When I clicked end process it displayed a comically large loading screen. Once it loaded half the features did not work lmao. Suspending wasn't working. The card reader was giving me problems. Just rebooted that hoe

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 20
My cash drawer has been giving me trouble in electronics and when I wanted to add my 239 I saw this message. Did the POS think it was a SCO POS? My store doesn't have the new SCO so I couldn't tell.

agreed. Sometimes when I'm in electronics I just throw it under missed circle or k1 I don't even remember what it says. Just because I'll fix it really quickly with a printer so it just makes more work for leads to had that.

My banking app doesn't look like that. At least it didn't 2 days ago LOL. If you are putting start funds in that reg, I'd pick load start funds. I'd assume that the 2 above that are for when electronics requests money. I wonder if that register checklist actually works

If it was debit she knew the pin… why would she know the pin if it wasn’t hers?? Very weird.

you could always try doing a return for everything then rebuying.
It could have been her parents card or maybe a spouse sometimes they have separate accounts. I knew my moms pin but, wouldn’t want my refund to go to her account.

I've had weird screens lately when TMs are requesting money. And then it crashes.
My banking app doesn't look like that. At least it didn't 2 days ago LOL. If you are putting start funds in that reg, I'd pick load start funds. I'd assume that the 2 above that are for when electronics requests money. I wonder if that register checklist actually works

It’s super weird because I clicked add bills and it said insert. Kinda like an ATM then when I clicked back because i couldn’t insert money into something that doesn’t exist it said ATM FAILURE.

no idea what it’s about honestly

It’s super weird because I clicked add bills and it said insert. Kinda like an ATM then when I clicked back because i couldn’t insert money into something that doesn’t exist it said ATM FAILURE.

no idea what it’s about honestly

Did this resolve itself?

Did this resolve itself?
This register has been giving me problems with the cash drawer as it is so it's really annoying but I haven't seen it ever again.

What I THINK happened is the software didn't detect the cash register connected, so the software assumed it was a SCO (maybe) or an ATM. I say ATM because it literally told me ATM failure when I couldn't insert money in.

How do you get the self check out receipts to print better. Ours are starting to look like they are losing ink which I don't understand because they have no ink. A store near me has receipts that are completely illegible.

We have a broken pen/stylus on one of our registers. Is that a part we order or do we call 701? If we order it, do you have a part #?

Any chance anyone has part numbers for the belly pads on the registers?

This register has been giving me problems with the cash drawer as it is so it's really annoying but I haven't seen it ever again.

What I THINK happened is the software didn't detect the cash register connected, so the software assumed it was a SCO (maybe) or an ATM. I say ATM because it literally told me ATM failure when I couldn't insert money in.

Maybe there is a loose connection? Have you tried calling 701. I find your register problem very intriguing! What happens with the drawer? Doesn't open?

How do you get the self check out receipts to print better. Ours are starting to look like they are losing ink which I don't understand because they have no ink. A store near me has receipts that are completely illegible.

We have a broken pen/stylus on one of our registers. Is that a part we order or do we call 701? If we order it, do you have a part #?

Any chance anyone has part numbers for the belly pads on the registers?
Open a ticket for both things in myday help section. For card reader use physical damage and say pen is broken.

try using the receipt thermal cleaner pen. If that doesn’t work open a ticket and say attempted to clean, print quality poor.

both will be fixed within 48 hours.

they come in boxes of like 6-10 (cant remember, i had my etl order them in bulk)

pens can be replaced instore without a csc call, they can be ordered on gocart and all you need is a phillips to replace it

100% call for bad print quality though, im not entirely convinced the pens actually do anything

Maybe there is a loose connection? Have you tried calling 701. I find your register problem very intriguing! What happens with the drawer? Doesn't open?
It's really weird because it just says "Cash Drawer Error" I attached it. It thinks that the cash drawer fails to open but it actually does open. This problem happens in the banking app too. When I request money it SOMETIMES brings that message up and when I click request it still thinks the drawer is open. I use the little corner trick and restart banking and it fixes it.

This is an electronics register so we just got the new software on it. With that said I was having this problem albeit less intrusive. When I log in and press K2 to request money the screen that says like "what do you need?" and it says like the 10s 20s dimes etc. That screen would just randomly disappear even though I haven't requested the money. It thinks that I closed the drawer but in reality, I didn't.

Attachments

• Photo - Google Photos and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge2021-07-27 00_46_17-.png
    Photo - Google Photos and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge2021-07-27 00_46_17-.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
It's really weird because it just says "Cash Drawer Error" I attached it. It thinks that the cash drawer fails to open but it actually does open. This problem happens in the banking app too. When I request money it SOMETIMES brings that message up and when I click request it still thinks the drawer is open. I use the little corner trick and restart banking and it fixes it.

This is an electronics register so we just got the new software on it. With that said I was having this problem albeit less intrusive. When I log in and press K2 to request money the screen that says like "what do you need?" and it says like the 10s 20s dimes etc. That screen would just randomly disappear even though I haven't requested the money. It thinks that I closed the drawer but in reality, I didn't.

Sounds like there is something physically wrong with the register. I'd call 701 and explain to them that this is happening and mention that it was happening on the old POS as well

Yes TMs can create tickets. It's a good thing my team doesn't have to rely on our TL!

edit for spelling LOL

Last edited:
Sounds like there is something physically wrong with the register. I'd call 701 and explain to them that this is happening and mention that it was happening on the old POS as well
My store is getting a remodel right now so I don’t know if they’re going to replace the registers. If they Don’t I’ll call but if they do I’ll just ignore it honestly. I really only use that register for card.

I just air dust the hell out of them, dig in and clear paper debris, and that has always worked.

Back