Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday while standing at the table in the fitting room, I yawned as a lady was walking in and she goes "Oh, are you TIRED?"

Yeah, tired of dealing with b*tches like you who try on fifty GD bathing suits and then put them back on the hangers incorrectly and/or leave them on the floor of the fitting room. ThX now GTFO

Today: *Guest sees my walker, placed outside my workspace* "OK, who's walker is that because it's stupid."
Me: "That'd be mine, ma'am"
Guest: "Oh, well it's different than mine, so it's dumb, I just wanted you to know that."
Me: *thinking* Well, I think you're dumb. Bye bye now.

Damn! What an ass. I’d have a hard time not telling them they were being rude. Hope you didn’t let it ruin your day.

One of our baristas was a passenger in a wreck that left her with stitches on her cheek & forehead.
Despite minimizing it with make-up, a guest loudly commented on the scars & kept asking how she got them.
The barista was getting upset & went to the back so I finished the order.
The woman kept wanting to know what happened to her, asking if her boyfriend beat her up or something.
I finally told her it was none of her business & how rude it was to comment on someone's appearance.
She later called & demanded to speak to a manager; our LOD basically told her that her persistent interrogation amounted to harassment & would not be tolerated.
I told him he was my hero.

"I've been a retail manager for x years and I think this is how you should do this thing because you guys are all about the customer service."

Ok. You lost me right there. I sympathized and went that extra mile because I agree it's inconvenient, but ... you don't have to be condescending about it. I gave you what you wanted.

Also if you really were a retail manager you would understand that I DON'T MAKE THE RULES. :(

One of our baristas was a passenger in a wreck that left her with stitches on her cheek & forehead.
Despite minimizing it with make-up, a guest loudly commented on the scars & kept asking how she got them.
The barista was getting upset & went to the back so I finished the order.
The woman kept wanting to know what happened to her, asking if her boyfriend beat her up or something.
I finally told her it was none of her business & how rude it was to comment on someone's appearance.
She later called & demanded to speak to a manager; our LOD basically told her that her persistent interrogation amounted to harassment & would not be tolerated.
I told him he was my hero.

anyone who treats any of the baristas like that at my store is getting a nice, hot cup of pike place to the face

"Make her go get it. She's young!"
I'm older than I look.
"Oh sorry I'm not allowed to leave the front here but I'll find someone ELSE to get that for you!"

And

"Well it would be NICE if you just gave people the discount rather than make them download this stupid app and hold up the line."
They were the last guests. It was closing time. Lol.

"Fastest cashier in the West, eh?" - a middle aged male, nano-seconds after I directed him to express, where one of our simi-retired (and might I mention, trainer) was cashiering.

First of all, rude. Second, go stand behind someone with a cart full of clearance Cat and Jack. Knock yourself out!
o_O

"Fastest cashier in the West, eh?" - a middle aged male, nano-seconds after I directed him to express, where one of our simi-retired (and might I mention, trainer) was cashiering.

First of all, rude. Second, go stand behind someone with a cart full of clearance Cat and Jack. Knock yourself out!
o_O
Yeah bc you know the cartfull of clearance cat and jack they’ll be arguing about every single price

“ Are you ready to go now?!!! “

Yes you pathetic excuse of a TL, I am not setting another aisle this close to the end of my shift.

When she asked me that in a very condescending manner, I said yes and proceeded to walk away.

She then told me to clean out my cart and clock out...also in a very condescending manner

After looking at my name badge and seeing “CPhT” after my name:
Guest: what does CPhT mean? Cashier, Pharmacy Team?
Me: No, Certified Pharmacy Technician
Guest: Certified??? What do you have to do to get certified? Pay a fee to the state or something?
Me: No, you have to pass a national certification test and recertify every 2 years by doing 20 hours of continuing education
Guest: oh, the test must be pretty easy then
Me: not really. It includes information we don’t use in retail pharmacy, like IV drip rates and sterile compounding techniques.
Guest: oh, so you must’ve barely passed it then...
Me: no, I scored a 1580 out of 1600
Guest: Oh....

Guest: Certified??? What do you have to do to get certified? Pay a fee to the state or something?
Me: No, you have to pass a national certification test and recertify every 2 years by doing 20 hours of continuing education
Me: not really. It includes information we don’t use in retail pharmacy, like IV drip rates and sterile compounding techniques.

wtf? in what world would working in a pharmacy be an *easy* job? what planet is that person from? I feel like you can be a lot more sassy over at CVS because it's not like they can go find the LOD and get you in trouble lol

I wonder why that Guest would even tried to do that

:mad: wow. I'm angry for you. Also thank you for being way smart.

Today’s condescending quote:

Guest: what does CPhT mean?
Me: Certified Pharmacy Tech
Guest: Certified? So you, like, have to take a test or something to get certified?
Me: yes. And we have to recertify every 2 years.
Guest: oh. I thought you only had to know how to count by 5s
Me: o_O
You need another tag to explain... :) isn’t that the second guest this week?

Today’s condescending quote:

Guest: what does CPhT mean?
Me: Certified Pharmacy Tech
Guest: Certified? So you, like, have to take a test or something to get certified?
Me: yes. And we have to recertify every 2 years.
Guest: oh. I thought you only had to know how to count by 5s
Me: o_O
I want to like this to show you support but I can’t like it because you have to deal with idiots way too often. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back