Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I got a good one for you all from a couple years back
Guests to me (bonus, recognized them from my old church): hey you! Sir!
I turn around
G1, horrible old woman: Or ma'am, or whatever you are. Heshes these days...
Now, for those that don't know or aren't up to snuff on your lgbt lingo... You don't ****ing call someone a heshe. Never. Common sense should tell you that. Even if they themselves call themself that. It is not a word that leaves your mouth to be used on another person. I realize now that I should have never even acknowledged them after that point and should have hidden in the back room, but...
proceeds to ask me about 'how do we tell how big the screen actually is on this tv in their cart, I explain to them how the measurement is taken
G2, who's her aging son who still lives her, maybe there's a Norman Bates situation or something: well, the space is only x inches.
looks at me like I'm supposed to change my answer to help him out
me: okay. Well, I guess it won't fit.
woman: well, is there a way you can measure it?
me: the measurement is on the box. Right there. If your space is only so big, I can tell you it definitely is not going to fit.
man: well, just open the box so we can see it. and you have something to measure it with, right?
This exchange, from me explaining to 'well just measure it yourself' is repeated three times.
me: ... The electronics team member is up there. They can help you more than I can.
I walked away without waiting for a response. They said more ugly things as I walked, but I just couldn't do it.

I just had a guy walk in the Mall entrance that only has clumps of hair sticking out of his head look at me, and before I even said a thing to him, told me "You won't do, you can't do the job. I wouldn't hire you to do security anywhere," and then kept walking.
I honestly just stood there, flabbergasted at what he just said, and then started laughing cause he was really one to talk.

Okay, I got a good one for you all from a couple years back
Guests to me (bonus, recognized them from my old church): hey you! Sir!
I turn around
G1, horrible old woman: Or ma'am, or whatever you are. Heshes these days...
Now, for those that don't know or aren't up to snuff on your lgbt lingo... You don't ****ing call someone a heshe. Never. Common sense should tell you that. Even if they themselves call themself that. It is not a word that leaves your mouth to be used on another person. I realize now that I should have never even acknowledged them after that point and should have hidden in the back room, but...
proceeds to ask me about 'how do we tell how big the screen actually is on this tv in their cart, I explain to them how the measurement is taken
G2, who's her aging son who still lives her, maybe there's a Norman Bates situation or something: well, the space is only x inches.
looks at me like I'm supposed to change my answer to help him out
me: okay. Well, I guess it won't fit.
woman: well, is there a way you can measure it?
me: the measurement is on the box. Right there. If your space is only so big, I can tell you it definitely is not going to fit.
man: well, just open the box so we can see it. and you have something to measure it with, right?
This exchange, from me explaining to 'well just measure it yourself' is repeated three times.
me: ... The electronics team member is up there. They can help you more than I can.
I walked away without waiting for a response. They said more ugly things as I walked, but I just couldn't do it.
Wtf is is heshe? Is it hebrew?

Rereading my post, I realized that I left out the best part. The reason he wouldn't hire Me? I was too ugly to be security.
Coming from someone with meth scars and only a couple random clumps of hair sticking out of his head.

I’m just gonna say that 9/10 when someone calls you “ buddy “...you’re not their buddy.
I honestly hate being called buddy because it’s often done in a very condescending, demeaning way.

This rings doubly true at work.

There’s an inbound TM who calls everyone buddy but no one generally likes her. And I know that sounds harsh, but she is so so mean.

Guy went through self checkout on Saturday who bought one small box of legos. “It said I get a $10 gift card if I buy this, it didn’t spit one out so is it gonna be mailed to me?”

1. It didn’t say $10 gift card if you bought that, it said $10 gift card if you bought $50 worth of legos. (I think, I can’t recall the exact deal lol)

2. Spit one out?? Have you used self checkout before??

3. Did you give your address to literally anyone or type it anywhere? Of course not, so how the hell would it get mailed to you 😂😂

I really wanted to just be like “yep, it’ll be mailed to you”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back