Corporate Dear Corporate...

I had to finally create an account here after lurking since 2014. I've been with Target since then as a Flow Team member and this new process sucks! They say they care about the "guests", I call the customers out of spite because that's what they really are (and that's how they're being treated). It's nearly impossible for them to shop!

Trying to push toys on a Sunday afternoon is nigh impossible. You have kids and parents zipping in and out of the aisles, while I'm standing there looking goofy trying to push a 7 foot tall U-Boat. It's frustrating for all parties, customers and employees.

I don't even feel safe in the backroom anymore. If a fire broke out, half of us back there would die (not joking). All because Target is getting greedy, and trying to make everyone do everything. We literally have to shimmy around the backroom, like we're Indiana Jones squeezing between two rocks.

Then you have our store leader barking down our neck for silly stuff (took away cages for trash and can't use carts, he would rather see cardboard strewn around the store) while ignoring that his store is a total mess. Seems like all the leads at the store are drones who only care about their own jobs, and none of them can admit that the new process is pure insanity.

I get it--they have to eat. I blame HQ more than them for not allowing them to say, "Yeah, this isn't working in our store." The one size fits all approach needs to die.
Trust me, there are ETL's and TL's that are just as frustrated as we are.

Dear Corporate,
Getting rid of Overnight team was the dumbest decision ever. This way of unload/pushing worked best because we were able to get freight from the truck pushed/backstocked before the store even opened making the store ready for guest. I remember when we still had overnight we would leave early all the time bc everything got done. Now it's always a struggle to finish on time and leave when I'm scheduled to leave. Also using U boats and being forced to take them in the aisle is so stupid. Not only is their not enough room, but I feel like I'm in guest way and blocking them from viewing product on the shelves. It doesn't help that leads are rude for no reason and yelling at us to finish something that they KNOW is not going to get done on time.

Last edited:
Dear Corporate:

Please, oh pretty please give the responsibility and hours for Softlines sorting back to Softlines.

We haven't gotten any product out of the BR for a week. Yup, we have over 40 pallets of unsorted Softlines just sitting there clogging everything up. Or, did you intend for the supplementary trailers to just hold Softlines? Didn't think so.

Stop the madness.

Dear Corporate,
Getting rid of Overnight team was the dumbest decision ever. This way of unload/pushing worked best because we were able to get freight from the truck pushed/backstocked before the store even opened making the store ready for guest. I remember when we still had overnight we would leave early all the time bc everything got done. Now it's always a struggle to finish on time and leave when I'm scheduled to leave. Also using U boats and being forced to take them in the aisle is so stupid. Not only is their not enough room, but I feel like I'm in guest way and blocking them from viewing product on the shelves. It doesn't help that leads are rude for no reason and yelling at us to finish something that they KNOW is not going to get done on time.
I still have an overnight.

Dear Corporate,

Why do you have market team starting the earliest at 7am and that's the PA. And everybody else for market gets in at 8am or 9am. Your dollars are sitting on the pallet. Can you please have me start at 5am going forward so I can properly fill the floor and that way guests can walk into a filled pfresh. And by the way, Modernization does NOT work! Keep it to the express stores and that's it!
Modernization for market at my store works. Also we have 3 teams , one at 4 am, one at 10 and one that is closing .

Sucks . Mine starts at 10 pm and we also get an other team of 10-15 people at 5 am to push whatever doesn’t get finished
We stagger start times: a few at 5:30a to set up the line, line team at 6a, a few to push at 6:30a, 2nd softlines sort person at 7a, and a few at 9a to continue what we know the 6am people won't get done. A few people in the afternoon/evening to push as well, or so I'm told. Flow/salesfloor crossover TMs are supposed to have full 8hr shifts, but that hasn't been happening a lot.

"Why is Target the only place where when you ask someone for help they are actually helpful?"
This used to be literally my favorite part of working here too! Everyone helped their fellow TMs, but now it's "Not my job" or "I don't have time" and people stealing vehicles from each other and leaving shit in each other's areas. That's why I left Walmart. Thanks, corporate.

Piggybacking off of calimero...

Dear Corporate,
30 minute goal times are absolutely ridiculous. If I get a big order, like I did today, for 56 DPCIS...you want me to pull that in 30 minutes?! There's absolutely no way. I'm tired of my LOD calling me asking if I'm okay because I'm goal approaching and then miss goal because I can't pull it that fast...ESPECIALLY when I've been training seasonal TMs left and right...I cannot go that fast and expect them to follow. My trainee this morning admitted he had a panic attack in the parking lot because he was dreading getting in trouble for missed goal times. I know you want us to be fast and work efficiently but this is just cruel.

Dear Corporate.....

This is why I don’t trust ANY seasonal TM that isn’t properly trained in SFS, to do OPU. The option to tap the task bar, and see the list of DPCIs, is GONE. We used to take pictures of a large OPU, and plan for 2 people to grab them in a short period of time. With the 30 min time limit, cut hours, and the maze of mess in the backroom (NO space for our backroom, why are you sending us too much crap???), don’t expect the 30 min limit to matter. You created this situation. Therefore, theres 2 options for OPU.

High INF, or missed deadlines.

Pick one.

Dear Corporate,
Please allow softlines to go back to backstocking the folding freight the way it used to be. As it is now, it takes twice as long to backstock the folding freight because it must be sized, and Ship from Store is destroying the wacos every day, and we have to re-do each waco daily.

Dear Corporate:

Please, oh pretty please give the responsibility and hours for Softlines sorting back to Softlines.

We haven't gotten any product out of the BR for a week. Yup, we have over 40 pallets of unsorted Softlines just sitting there clogging everything up. Or, did you intend for the supplementary trailers to just hold Softlines? Didn't think so.

Stop the madness.

Yep our SFS process got shut down since we had an INF over %30 cause of softlines that was all piled on pallets for weeks on end. When they are packed in like sardines your RFID gun is useless, well I should say what RFID gun since we don't have one to use since softlines leaves the two we have anywhere and everywhere so if we find one its dead all the batteries are dead cause they treat them the same way.

Dear corporate,
In my humble opinion, highly trained, knowledgeable, hard working veteran team members are your greatest asset. They keep the stores functioning through any/all changes you would like to see implemented. Please answer how stores will function if you force them out ? Have you talked to any of the new hires? Mostly a Sad group of clueless, unmotivated, down right lazy useless bodies, not afraid of subordination. Please wake up and utilize the individuals you have invested to train that have the capability of keeping your stores open. One veteran IS worth at least 3 noobs, really. At least keep a few so that the blind are not leading the blind! I have overheard training that is just incorrect ! How is that an improvement ? The plane is spiraling downward while you torture and kill the pilot. Don’t bite off the hand that feeds you. Cutting off your nose to spite your face not smart.

This... is why we veterans deserve a dollar more a year at least. Stop handing new hires a dollar more every 6-8 months. The pay gap between new and experienced is getting pretty small.

Back