MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I agree with you completely, and honestly (coming from "old world market team".), unlocating Meat+Dairy coolers, I knew was going to be a huge mistake. Locating them would provide accurate counts, to product that has the highest potential to be inaccurate. Shooting for outs with a backroom, that the computer doesn't know exists, is a bad idea, and will only lead to loss.

Before, I could manually shoot my own customized batch, then a program would calculate, the most productive way to pull it. I would pull it (and then some depending on date), Then fill the floor.

This should be the #1 process of FIFO, however.............

I agree. So what we do is pull & push the autos then push the freight. All of our dairy is located. Only thing unlocated is produce and meat .

Scan outs with a three person market team when the load still needs to be pushed and scan outs when the Qmos is overflowing, fast movers need pushing, scan outs just to scan for the sake of checking it off the list. It will never be done the right way when the team lacks equipment and hours are tight.

Is it a 3 people team including your TL? As a TL, I dedicate the last hour of my shift to scanning outs so my team doesn’t have to worry about it.

However, scanning outs only works if everything is on the floor and located. If neither is true, all it does is create more freight and confuses the system.

This....I asked my ETL what is the point of scanning outs once we unlocated the dairy cooler. You would first have to make sure any freight is totally pushed out. Then you would have to make sure everything in the backroom was pushed out. Only after both of those things could you actually research correctly otherwise it would say you have 12 but be empty on the floor but located on a pallet or a fast mover and lead to wrong counts. Problem is there is almost ALWAYS push to do

May be late to the party but my store had an E2E pilot that failed miserably. They will try again and probably fail again.
Backroom refuses to do sales floor shit, 4 or 5 of them quit to avoid it last time and were rehired after E2E stopped. I imagine the same thing will happen again.
Backroom got super fucked too. Nothing was organized, nothing was pushed/pulled. Everything was a mess. Giant flats with boxes were parked for weeks.
Salesfloor TMs did not to their research/push/pull/audits either.
Our store basically stayed the same and ignored everything the pilot wanted us to do.
Bad move.

May be late to the party but my store had an E2E pilot that failed miserably. They will try again and probably fail again.
Backroom refuses to do sales floor shit, 4 or 5 of them quit to avoid it last time and were rehired after E2E stopped. I imagine the same thing will happen again.
Backroom got super fucked too. Nothing was organized, nothing was pushed/pulled. Everything was a mess. Giant flats with boxes were parked for weeks.
Our store basically stayed the same and ignored everything the pilot wanted us to do.
Bad move.

Rehiring insubordinate people will not change anything.

End to End is a disaster at my store too. Basically no one wants to help anyone else because it makes their area struggle. It's no longer a team environment and all about their one little area they are in charge of. As a result certain areas like food, apparel and toys are buried while other areas like electronics and cosmetics are looking perfect.

End to End is a disaster at my store too. Basically no one wants to help anyone else because it makes their area struggle. It's no longer a team environment and all about their one little area they are in charge of. As a result certain areas like food, apparel and toys are buried while other areas like electronics and cosmetics are looking perfect.
Sadly, THAT was the goal. Amazon's corrosive corporate culture

Supported by interviews with more than 100 current and former employees, NYT found a culture that encourages employees to backbite their peers, toil long hours, rarely take vacations and avoid any personal complications. The story outlined examples of employees who were docked performance ratings because they missed time to treat cancer and a company-wide rating list of employees was instituted to fire the bottom ones on the list.
To me, that doesn’t sound like a company that fosters innovation, growth and team building. (That’s especially true when you compare that culture to what takes place at other tech companies, such as Google and Facebook.)
I can’t see this having much impact on Amazon’s effectiveness in its market. Truth be told, consumers don’t care.
we’ve seen something like this before. While it wasn’t about the demands of its corporate culture, Walmart has been known for barely paying employees a livable wage, and the fast food industry has that same reputation. Many of the employees at Walmart and in the fast food industry are paid so little they are living below the poverty level.
While the fast food industry’s sales are slipping, that’s because of a shift in the eating habits of consumers. It’s not because of a form of protest.
And Walmart continues to be the giant amid the Lilliputians of the rest of the retail industry. It accounts for more than 2% of the gross national product in the US and far outsells the competition.
No, the blowback on Amazon will only come in the form of recruiting and retaining employees, which will have its own long-term ramifications to be sure. It will not affect its bottom line right now because it has a brand to protect itself.

We are at a point where what Spot did, it doesn't understand will slowly devour everything it built. There is no brand to protect us. Amazon is fast shipping and obscure items. Its convenience and content. What is target? None of that. Our clothes are standard, unimaginative and uninspiring. Do you see Cat and Jack in Marie Clare or Baazar? How about any house brand in Cosmo? How about Threshold in Home and Garden magazine? We sell NOTHING that is unique and inspiring. Our reason was guest service, that we could stand behind giving a better experience than Wal-mart.

Yet, that doesn't matter if everyone hates each other or won't support each other. This IS what happened. This is what you expect when you have a corporation that is cluelessly spiraling and hires a person trained in the horror of the lat 20th century's Andrew caregie (who caused the foundation of Unions).

Bad move.
Originally I thought this was bad. Now, I think this is just center. While I still believe the bad parts of E2e need to die (the loss of plano and price change, the incessant bitching about go backs and the ludicrous belief that certain sections of the store can be handle by a single TM) there are good parts that were suppose to inspire people. The problem is Spot hires the wrong people.

I think you might survive but seriously people are hired to do the jobs they agree upon in the interview and told while working. Its bad if they dont. However, Mgmt can't have unrealistic expectations either. 5 hr shifts are not possible to do truck, pulls, prices and audits in. If you have 2 hr push for truck and 1 hr for pulls that leaves 2 hrs for zone, guests and others include the 15 for break. Audits can go fast but usually dont.

Nobody at my store could help another department if they wanted to. Lack of equipment and lack of hours. If I don’t have enough time to do my own work, how or why would I help someone else?

The sad thing, and I think I've said this before, is that E2E would probably work fairly well if we were back in the days where there was a TM in each department, not a TM in each two blocks. Rolling flow into salesfloor bumps it up a little, but how long until that changes? The guests won't be able to find anyone to help them when half the salesfloor is in the back doing their pulls and the other half is in the back doing their backstock and unloading the truck.

Oh yeah, we have "trash parties" in the back now (sounds more like something Walmart would have) and nobody seems to realize or care that it leaves salesfloor with NO coverage for 20min and just means everyone is waiting in line at the baler.

I was filling milk in the dairy cooler we have a back loader from 2 pm till 3 pm about 50 boxes of the half gallon silk and almond milks from the fdc truck. So no one in pfresh valley. Lol.

Today no one was in hardlines from 1-4, but there was at least 5 people in softlines. I thought this new process was supposed to make us more available for the guests?
Wasn't that the whole idea? To have more coverage on the floor so that guests can ask for help when needed. But that's just not happening. Today I watched and observed the former flow team members who are now scheduled under hardlines go about pushing their 1 vehicle and not "guest service" anyone that walked right past them. Two of them blatantly had their music earbuds in their ear. One had their phone out texting...Of course I'm pretty sure they were informed of the new changes and they too are supposed to be helping guest during store open but it's just not happening...The only thing that's changed is the store is a constant mess, the backroom is even messier and I'm pretty sure no guest has had the reaction of, "Oh look! There are now more employees around!" Guest really don't care about more employees. They care that the shelves are stocked, the floor is debris free and of course not having to worm their way around vehicles that are everywhere. If there are 10 employees working at any one given time on the sales floor and 1 vehicle per person then that's 10 vehicles on the floor that are disrupting the guest shopping experience.

Today the electronics TM was calling on walkie for someone to cover their break...Well with all the team members on the floor no one responded. It was sad and pathetic. We no longer have a "team" culture. It's a every man for themselves shit show...

Last edited:
Wasn't that the whole idea? To have more coverage on the floor so that guests can ask for help when needed. But that's just not happening. Today I watched and observed the former flow team members who are now scheduled under hardlines go about pushing their 1 vehicle and not "guest service" anyone that walked right past them. Two of them blatantly had their music earbuds in their ear. One had their phone out texting...Of course I'm pretty sure they were informed of the new changes and they too are supposed to be helping guest during store open but it's just not happening...The only thing that's changed is the store is a constant mess, the backroom is even messier and I'm pretty sure no guest has had the reaction of, "Oh look! They are now more employees around!" Guest really don't care about more employees. They care that the shelves are stocked, the floor is debris free and of course not having to worm their way around vehicles that are everywhere. If there are 10 employees working at any one given time on the sales floor and 1 vehicle per person then that's 10 vehicles on the floor that are disrupting the guest shopping experience.

Today the electronics TM was calling on walkie for someone to cover their break...Well with all the team members on the floor no one responded. It was sad and pathetic. We no longer have a "team" culture. It's a every man for themselves shit show...
I had to take my break at 12:53 after being there from 11 because I asked the LOD who was going to be on the floor at 1:30 so I could take it then. We looked at the grid and there was no one scheduled. I'm 8 months pregnant and have to sit down every few hours. I worked 5 hours today, so no 30, and was trying to time my fifteen right in the middle of my shift.

One person listened out while they backstocked the last 10 minutes of their shift and then someone in softlines had to respond after that.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't have to take a lunch.

Why don't they at least make sure someone is there to cover electronics if they are going to be the only one on the floor? Ugh.

You would think that the HR ETL that writes the schedule would either overlap the Electronics Team Members or the Key Carrier would look at the grid and make sure to arrange for break/lunch coverage for those workcenters that don't have the luxury to just "go." I encouraged the team member that going forward he/she should ask to see the daily grid and arrange to find coverage since there are no "LOD's" anymore to help. That's the only solution for now till something gives...like hitting lunch compliance! Then we'll see what happens..."Called to have someone cover my lunch but no one responded and the next electronics team member was scheduled right at 5 mins before my compliance, so what was I supposed to do?" I'm pretty sure HRBP would get upset with all compliance reports pretty quick if it kept happening...

Back